Anthony Martial

• Just read that Anthony Martial will start against Juventus after impressing Mourinho in training, really think United will win this game, Yes I have a few futures... but I'm also a Manchester United fan and seeing Martial with some confidence and scoring that brace away to Chelsea was fantastic, so a couple more goals would be lovely for me as a fan and also a nice price rise .. I know u are a fan too @Lukeroro .. what you expecting for us tonight ?? 😁

• I’m a United fan, I’m hoping Sanchez is throughly warming the bench, Martial has the ability to be world class. I also think he can double his price if he starts every week, he, dribbles and scores so I think he is capable of scoring well. Might be a bold statement but the talent is there no doubt.

After his 2 goals Jose cant bench him now.

• @Andy-M
    Tonight will be tight, I can see it being a score draw. I'd like Utd to nick it and I wouldn't be surprised. Mata's return is massive and Juve have quite an old defence so the movement of Rashford and Martial could be too much. If Utd had a striker who was not simply clumsy like Lukaku I think it would be a comfortable home win.
    (I have been a Fulham supporter since very young but not being associated with them after the weekend is something that I can live with!)

• @Tom77 Sanchez won't be on the bench. He's injured.

Man Utd injured list.

Jesse Lingard Out
    Alexis Sánchez Out
    Marcos Rojo Doubtful
    Marcus Rashford Doubtful
    Marouane Fellaini Doubtful
    Scott McTominay Doubtful
    Diogo Dalot Doubtful
    Phil Jones Doubtfu

• @Lukeroro I've always been annoyed when Rash doesn't get his chances, but actually I'm kinda starting to understand Jose, Rashford is so damn frustrating to watch half the time, and he looks scared to run at the defence half the time and decides to turn around and pass backwards, whereas Martial looks fearless, ok maybe it won't always pay off, but at least try... maybe Jose is holding Rashford back a bit and telling him not to take risks but that's not how it looks, Lukaku is a strong mudderfcker but just isn't scoring enough recently.

• @Misto where did you get that list from, couple of those players I never knew were doubtful, maybe explains Chong training with 1st team.

• @Tom77 he's starting 100% unless he gets injured between now and kick off, I'm not worried about if he starts anymore.... just hoping he takes this opportunity and becomes a regular starter, he's by far the most talented player we have mate.

• @misto I meant Sanchez permantley on the bench, he has held back Martial and Rashford for to long.

I would say its our worst signing ever, equally on par with Djemba Djemba

• I've no question he'll start tonight.... my only concern is that Man Utd are playing against a better team than them and I have Juve down for a win tonight???

Might be easier to predict other potential PB/G&A strikers out there with the likes of Lewandowski, Aguero & Dzeko etc also in action??

• @Andy-M said in Anthony Martial:

@Tom77 he's starting 100% unless he gets injured between now and kick off, I'm not worried about if he starts anymore.... just hoping he takes this opportunity and becomes a regular starter, he's by far the most talented player we have mate.

He has been treated very harshly becuase of Sanchez, he should be starting every game now.

Sanchez has had so many chances. I actually wonder who wanted to buy him and the real reason behind it becuase we didn’t need him at all and still dont.

• @Tom77

I suspect that Man Utd bought him just because they could and in order to stick two fingers up at Man City (i.e. we'll steal a signing from under your nose).

It's massively backfired on Utd though. They're now stuck with a guy who is in decline and with a wage of £350k per week, how are they going to off-load him?

The decision making and scouting system at Utd needs a major overhaul. Including transfer fees, agents fees and wages, how much money have they wasted over the last 3-4 years? £500 million? £1 billion?

• @ocs123

Man United transfers since summer 2016
    IN
    FRED - £52m
    DIOGO DALOT - £19m
    LEE GRANT - £1.5m
    ROMELU LUKAKU - £70m
    NEMANJA MATIC - £40m
    VICTOR LINDELOF - £31m
    ALEXIS SANCHEZ - Swap
    PAUL POGBA - £89m
    HENRIKH MKHITARYAN - £30m
    ERIC BAILLY - £30m
    ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC - Free
    TOTAL - £362.5m
    OUT
    DALEY BLIND - £18.5m
    SAM JOHNSTONE - £5m
    ADNAN JANUZAJ - £10m
    MORGAN SCHNEIDERLIN - £24m
    MEMPHIS DEPAY - £15m
    PADDY McNAIR - £7m
    WILL KEANE - £1m
    TOTAL - £80.5m

NET SPEND - +£282m

Just under Mourinho. LVG didn't spend to much NET and Moyes didn't get much backing.

• @Tom77 said in Anthony Martial:

@misto I meant Sanchez permantley on the bench, he has held back Martial and Rashford for to long.

I would say its our worst signing ever, equally on par with Djemba Djemba

Remi Moses or Jesper Olsen are Uniteds worst signings ever also Massimo Taibi was shite.

• @Misto

Wow, so NET spend is £282m. Add on wages for these players, agent's fees (Mino Raiola charges a fortune) and signing-on fees, the total must be over £500m in two years!

That's a lot of money to win the League Cup and the Europa League.

Perhaps the most concerning thing is how many of those new signings have been a success?

Ibrahimovic was incredible, prior to his injury. Other than that, all of the others have ranged from OK to poor.

...and Mourinho has the cheek to complain about a lack of backing / new signings! How much more money does he need?

• @ocs123 said in Anthony Martial:

@Misto

Wow, so NET spend is £282m. Add on wages for these players, agent's fees (Mino Raiola charges a fortune) and signing-on fees, the total must be over £500m in two years!

That's a lot of money to win the League Cup and the Europa League.

Perhaps the most concerning thing is how many of those new signings have been a success?

Ibrahimovic was incredible, prior to his injury. Other than that, all of the others have ranged from OK to poor.

...and Mourinho has the cheek to complain about a lack of backing / new signings! How much more money does he need?

Who actually cares, United can spend and chuck away money as much as they like, they earn enough of it.
    All I care about is performance and watching my players.
    Save the NET spend bollocks to the Liverpool fans!
    The days of talking about money and wages/fees are pointless its gone well past that, it is what it is.

• I think it's good to have a debate because it shows that simply 'throwing' money around doesn't necessarily solve anything...(just like in FI)

Mourinho proved at Porto with a limited budget and tight net team he could achieve great things, he proved at Chelsea 'with' money he could do great things and whilst the style in Italy probably suited him hugely in winning the treble, with a galactico style Real Madrid team he did ok often coming under criticsm because he came up against arguably the greatest Barcelona team of all time...

Since that Barcelona team and Guardiola, now Klopp and the attacking rival brands etc I think Mourinho's ways have been scrutinised more... I do think he's a very defensive orientated coach but I do think he is limited and stubborn to that way of play and in charge of teams (like Real Madrid previously and now United) that are known for attacking philosophy he's probably not best suited...

Simply chucking money at United hasn't worked to the degree he would have liked which has lead to questions about his coaching and man management... This of course doesn't mean much for us as investors... But when it comes to Manchester United players (Pogba aside) i've slowly started to avoid them simply because the Mourinho way doesn't get the best out of the attacking quality they have. If for example Zidane were to take over in Jan... Then the likes of Martial, Rashford, Sanchez, Lukaku etc might start looking like exciting prospects again to invest in???

• @dannypea don't be so sure about Juve winning, I'd keep my money in my pocket if i was you 😊

• @Misto didn't know about Dalot, and Jones wasn't on the Physioroom list, I always take these with a pinch of salt.. thanks anyway 👍

• @Andy-M only 2 locked out. The rest are listed as doubtful. So they could very well start. Rashford should start.