Why are people chasing a poxy 2p?

• I just don’t get it, people are buying and selling players every night for a miserly dividend. Instant sell - pay 2% commission - repeat... Surely not many people can be making money on this silly practice?!

• I no mate u might get lucky a couple of times but to make money it's all about invest and be patient, to many people surly not getting it

• @NewUser171924 is it the same people buying and selling though? I've bought a few players not because of the extra G & A dividends but because they are part of my long term strategy, with a little bonus on top if they do happen to score in the next 30 days. I'll hold beyond that though without a doubt.

The selling could be people cashing in, who have held for a while, become frustrated with the player after receiving nothing fir months, saw the player rise by the new purchases and saw a good opportunity to sell?

I have no idea if this is true. Just a thought...

• I had 100 in dzeko at 2.06. Took £12 dividend and sold at 2.29 for 13.52 profit. I hold 50 dabbur. If they didnt score id just hold anyway. The past week i have traded more than i usually would and its precisely what you say, people going nuts for that payout. Use their scrambling, take the spike and take the profit more than the miserly 2p and invest into my long term players. Been working for me but i am patient enough not to get sucked into the daily trades

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 what i definitely dont get is people buy into yedder for example, find him on the bench and instant sell at a loss so they can get on a player who is starting?! Ridiculous!

• The only new player that I have bought in the last week is Danny Wellbeck.

Scores a,Match winning goal tonight and his price is lower than it was a 5PM.

I am not chasing profits on the Goals promotion but the Wellbeck situation makes me laugh.

• Is this a new way for the big boys to pump and dump...?

• You can use this for long term investment or gamble some just love to gamble

• @Spirit-cat said in Why are people chasing a poxy 2p?:

The only new player that I have bought in the last week is Danny Wellbeck.

Scores a,Match winning goal tonight and his price is lower than it was a 5PM.

I am not chasing profits on the Goals promotion but the Wellbeck situation makes me laugh.

I think people will have been worried by Welbeck’s PB score despite the GWG. That’s still the main game in town.

• @Finlay77 said in Why are people chasing a poxy 2p?:

@Metropolis_山の中の市 what i definitely dont get is people buy into yedder for example, find him on the bench and instant sell at a loss so they can get on a player who is starting?! Ridiculous!

Makes it even funnier that he was never going to start in the first place, same with Poulsen!

On the plus side both are pretty cheap now with easy fixtures - Sevilla home to whipping boys Huesca and Leipzig home to a struggling Schalke.

Could go for an easy flip before the game or alternatively both players are solid long term holds that have a good prospect of G&A divs in the next 30 days - suits all strategies.

Another fixture to look out for is Hoffenheim vs Stuttgart. Stuttgart have been woeful so far and Hoffenheim have some handy players who again are viable long term holds with a good prospects of G&A divs in the next 30 days. Kramaric is an obvious choice after his two goals and boom last weekend. I have what I think is a gem but he's less than 60p and I don't want to be seen to be pumping him!

To answer the OP, there certainly are people making money off in play trading for G&A. It's part knowing who to buy and part knowing when to buy them. Also need a dash of luck as with all short term trading.

I'll be discussing this on the FI Guide postcast at the weekend, might be worth a listen when it's released.