Sold the lot

• Had Dutch players for months De Jong Ligt Van Beek had made a few quid on them. Gary Kent loaned from Liverpool to Rangers making money then bang all went down down down sold them all on instant sell and lost my profits how much were they going to go down the first two will be sold in January but why hold I'm not made of money three month volatile climate getting out

• If you invested in 4 teenagers who don’t play in PB leagues - and can’t handle a few minor price drops in those high risk buys - I’m not sure you have the judgement and temperament to make a long term success of Football Index...

• @playingcards1 spot on

• @NewUser177482 I feel your pain mate, but playingcards is quite right.

• Pretty sure you didn't buy any of those players with a view to getting out in October. Sorry to say it but there's only one reason why you've cashed out a loss.

Knee jerk reactions and losing sight of the reasons you hold a player will only end one way.

Funny thing is, it's the ones who bemoan the perception that FI is now a gambling / FPL clone are the ones that are looking for a quick profit.

In my view you had a massively exposed portfolio and if it wasn't G&A that caused it to drop it would have been something else.

Market segments go up and down all the time, but it's always short term and I can guarantee you'd have been sitting pretty if you'd had the patience to sit this rough patch out.

• @Pierrey2129 I hope you are right. That is why I am sticking this out. I haven't made any changes apart from selling Kelvin Amian and buying myself some Pogba.

• @NewUser177482 Ryan Kent not Gary Kent ffs

• Gary Kent sounds like he should be in Spandau Ballet...

TBF all those names mentioned should have been held on a long term basis and I wouldn't have been looking to cash out on any until 2019 at the earliest!!!

As for Ryan Kent, first time i seen him last night and was very impressed... Not sure how he fits in to the modern day game as he looked to me like a real old fashioned chalk on your boots winger but certainly has a lot of ability and was very direct.

I just worry at Liverpool (where he won't get game time) if he doesn't move to Rangers on a permanent will he simply end up somewhere like Derby before trudging down the leagues??

• @dannypea I accept that I'm only talking about 20futures each,they were looking good at one stage up 40p but them bottom fell out went to 4p cashed out did not want to see in red,but on other hand can buy back again if it goes back to the old way might get a bargain in all of them and sell in January.

• I think the Ajax boys will pick up in Jan especially with all the transfer rumours... add to that if they don't move they should reach R2 in the UCL so fingers crossed for a good draw as I always thought they could be a surprise package in that this year!

Key is holding your nerve on young players... You have three years... with players especially outside PB leagues you need to be patient. Depending on when I brought them I would have held them until the new year at least regardless of what the market said in between.

Luckily I got in early last year on Ajax players and sold everyone i owned including Dolberg, De Ligt, De Jong, Neres all for profit of well over 50%... I worry now that the prices are slightly high for just a couple of PB opportunities a month but will certainly be monitoring their transfer status over the next month or two as they'll certainly be money to be earned on their top assets.

• @NewUser177482 said in Sold the lot:

Had Dutch players for months De Jong Ligt Van Beek had made a few quid on them. Gary Kent loaned from Liverpool to Rangers making money then bang all went down down down sold them all on instant sell and lost my profits how much were they going to go down the first two will be sold in January but why hold I'm not made of money three month volatile climate getting out

Not to kick a man when he is down, but please invest in punctuation marks, otherwise your message just reads like a madman's lament.

• @johnboywalker I once got dragged to a poetry slam and to be honest I heard far worse there than this chap's effort at free-form verse!

• Grammar police are always welcome. My PF has gone down 3% but it’s FI tradition to keep an eloquent lip and style.

• @BL__FI said in Sold the lot:

@johnboywalker I once got dragged to a poetry slam and to be honest I heard far worse there than this chap's effort at free-form verse!

I presume you were also bound and gagged.

Sounds like a nightmare ordeal.

• @johnboywalker Yes, that's right, but those details weren't released in the media and could only be known by one of the perpetrators ...

• @johnboywalker sorry John,just read it again,your right

• @NewUser181925 you’re

• @johnboywalker I'm sorry I'm dyslectic,I'm happy with word spell, it took me a lot of courage to write on here as I was bullied at school for my spelling,you too are a bully, thanks for not helping me write on forums

• @NewUser177482 I had/have a problem with grammar and spelling as well. In high school I had to go to a special class for extra help once a week with only one other pupil, to give you a idea of what percentile I was in for English. They only found out later in life that when I was younger I would go deaf at times and that stunted my learning development, or something along them lines.

The advantage you have online is you can reread what you typed before you post. Correct any obvious mistakes, then reread one more time to make sure it reads fluently. Make sure you read every word and not just skim read because your brain will fill in the blanks for you.

I would hope most people agree when I'm writing a detailed post I do so in a clear and concise way. What does help me is I'm pretty articulate with my speaking. It just takes me a little longer to write. Before the internet and spell checkers, it was so frustrating not being able to convey my ideas in writing, because if I tried it just made me feel stupid for not being able to spell.

I'm not knocking you at all and we always welcome input on the forums. I'm merely trying to offer advice, as I know the feeling of being held back in some aspects of life due to dyslexia.

• @Misto Thank you,your so right people don't think before writing nasty things ,back to FI hope to come back after they change things again if not goodbye.