The worm is turning?

• Might just be me, but it feels like the market has stabilised in the last 24 hours or so. Dips are starting to slow and money is starting to flow again. My 24 hour tab is showing profit for the first time in a week. Does this tally with others experience?

• Not noticed a huge change to my personal loss or profits, but it feels like the G&A crap has cooled down somewhat, apart from a couple of players recently, I've not seen money being thrown at every goal that flies in.

• reading the footie it would suggest things arent improving that much but looking at my portfolio I had relative stability yesterday and I think that is KEY to confidence in the market...

Seeing green on a lot of the top players might suggest that folk have had their fun on flipping anything that nets and the bigger picture is growth and we hope that 'good quality' acquisitions will always come through eventually...

Good to see the likes of Cheek & Lo Celso yesterday to stay relatively high on their spikes after good performances and dividend wins and good to see good quality young players like Martial and Under rising as they might be attracting moves in Jan...

I'm not sure if we are completely out of it but this weekend will tell a lot.. If we have relative calm i think investors will be short sighted enough to get back on their bikes and continue enjoying the ride.

• I am expecting a bit of the same old over the weekend again, but hopefully not like the first week.

• @Andy-M it didn't seem as volatile over the last couple of UCL and Europa League nights so i'm hoping that's a sign that the opening weekend proved so much of a failure that things will go back to some sort of normality... I still think the Glenn Murray's of this world (ie 30+ year old scoring strikers) and modern day Kevin Nolan's (average mf's that score and assist) will spike and drop but I hope to see more holds on youngsters that perform well....

I think people will learn to understand that long term growth will outweigh short term dividends and after having some fun flipping for 10's and 20p's they'll be back chasing double money returns before we know it!!

• @playingcards1 No haha, mine took another £30 hit today.

• @dannypea said in The worm is turning?:

@Andy-M it didn't seem as volatile over the last couple of UCL and Europa League nights so i'm hoping that's a sign that the opening weekend proved so much of a failure that things will go back to some sort of normality... I still think the Glenn Murray's of this world (ie 30+ year old scoring strikers) and modern day Kevin Nolan's (average mf's that score and assist) will spike and drop but I hope to see more holds on youngsters that perform well....

I think people will learn to understand that long term growth will outweigh short term dividends and after having some fun flipping for 10's and 20p's they'll be back chasing double money returns before we know !

JUST NOW...

0_1540544067947_image.jpeg

Oh John 😔

• @ScouseSte said in The worm is turning?:

@dannypea said in The worm is turning?:

@Andy-M it didn't seem as volatile over the last couple of UCL and Europa League nights so i'm hoping that's a sign that the opening weekend proved so much of a failure that things will go back to some sort of normality... I still think the Glenn Murray's of this world (ie 30+ year old scoring strikers) and modern day Kevin Nolan's (average mf's that score and assist) will spike and drop but I hope to see more holds on youngsters that perform well....

I think people will learn to understand that long term growth will outweigh short term dividends and after having some fun flipping for 10's and 20p's they'll be back chasing double money returns before we know !

JUST NOW...

0_1540544067947_image.jpeg

Oh John 😔

Haha!

• @playingcards1 its top up time !!! I will deposit again on monday. I think its the perfect sentiment to buy...

• I things are settling. Awful week and not happy with the way defenders were devalued without warning but time to be positive again. Going to invest a bit today.

• Good old John!!!!

Hat-Trick tomorrow v Wolves and we'll all be wanting a piece!!!!

• Yes good to see Lo Celso and Bartra (and others) rising slowly on the back of good PB scores, away from these GA spikes and falls

• Nice to see Gnabry rising a bit, had him since august.

• I have just deposited some money, a lot of value to be had out there at the moment

• @Wilba smart move!!! Willl do the same !!!

• Matt's stats indicate that vast majority of the market is still falling.

However, surely that has to change at some point - hopefully today is the day.

• @ocs123

Matt's stats only show daily moves. I don't know whether this is representative, but yesterday morning my portfolio when down 1%, but recovered more than 0.5% of this by midnight (which is in keeping with the overall fall yesterday). Overnight and this morning my portfolio has had further gains - particularly in the players I hold in the top 200. Again, I don't know whether this is representative, but definitely feels like a change in mood.

• True, the top 50 look slightly better this morning. Although not sure if it's a dead cat bounce or a genuine bounce.

• Could be the Friday effect? Pay day for some?