Cheap players who are rubbish and why...

• Sergio Córdova - FC Augsburg. Lanky Venezuelan winger and perennial substitute with torn ankle ligaments who once scored a wonder goal. It was so long ago nobody can remember against whom...

Kwang Song Han - North Korean striker who has been loaned to Serie B Perugia from Cagliari resulting in a fantastic 1 appearance and no goal return.

Nicolas Gonzales - VfB Stuttgart Dubbed the new Maradona in Argentina along with the 400 other diminutive and stocky forwards of 2017 that ended up playing in the arse end of Europes leagues. Plays full games resulting in 4 goal swings to the opposition but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Got a yellow card for impersonating a footballer against RB Leipzig.

Yes, i do own all of the above.
    Yes, I am bitter.

• This is a refreshing thread.

• Pump and Dump on :)

• "Nicolas Gonzales - got a yellow card for impersonating a footballer"
    Best thing I've read on here this week, maybe month!

• @Ellisandro I think everyone should own one, I would hate to feel left out, and besides we would be contributing towards a vibrant market. Are you refusing to sell for sentimental reasons, or are FI refusing to buy for sentimental reasons?

If enough traders own up, I believe there could be a place for an FI swap shop, where traders promise to buy at least one of each other's illogical buys for kudos and prestige purposes.

• @Ollie I hundred % agree. I've become quite emotionally attached to these utter dismal failures and so will be keeping hold of them till the end of their future lifespan. If they could get me just 1 PB score it will have been (not) worth it.

Maybe this forum can become a place to discuss the shame of owning such players.

"My name's Malcolm and I own 4 Ron Robert-Zeiler"

• @Ellisandro Sir, I am sorry I am unable to contribute at this present time, and am wondering if a deliberate purchase of new undiscovered unfortunates disqualifies myself from joining this elite club?

• @Ollie I fully understand that those who have researched and statistically analysed their purchases will find themselves out of touch with those who buy players after 2 day drinking marathons or who snaffle up Serbian defensive midfielders because their name sounds a bit rude.

• Oh and you can add S Langkamp to that list

• Is 1.66 cheap?

Can I nominate a man who had the world at his feet 3 months ago, but now struggles to get minutes at palace?

Max Meyer! At least when people asked George best where it had all gone wrong, he was balls deep in miss world and out of his face on champagne.

• @Ringers Sir, I believe all inquiries should be made to the host poster, as his experience is completely and utterly unrivaled in these matters at this moment in time.

• @Ringers said in Cheap players who are rubbish and why...:

Is 1.66 cheap?

Can I nominate a man who had the world at his feet 3 months ago, but now struggles to get minutes at palace?

Max Meyer! At least when people asked George best where it had all gone wrong, he was balls deep in miss world and out of his face on champagne.

Yeah, we'll add him as cheap and shit. Hmm, imagine being kept out of a team by Andros "One trick Pony" Townsend.

• @Ellisandro I believe a man called Redchapp once managed to insert a revolutionary play at all times clause into AT's future contracts at any club. After convincing a High Court that he knows nothing about texting, and that his dog Rosie fends for itself, and opened her own Swiss bank account, no-one is prepared to challenge the said man's integrity on contract legality in England.

• @Ollie Quite so, between talking dogs, expert contract clauses and some nasty vindictive rumours about him and Nico Krancjar he really should be celebrated in the English game.

• @Ellisandro I understand he earnestly believes he has the potential to set a record that will never be surpassed in world football, namely in having managed and trashed more top flight clubs in a hundred mile radius of where one lives, in his case, headquarters at Sand-on-Sea. League and Champions League titles will be declared irrelevant as owners race to join his very special list of 'what went wrong there 'Arry?'.

• @Ellisandro so true about any stocky dark haired argie being the next maradona. There was a long long list including tevez, and when Messi came along and maradona said “this is my replacement” for the 1000th time everyone yawned. Then Messi started doing stuff that not even maradona could dream of and ever since he’s been inwardly sulking. Ppl now ask who will be the next Messi.

• @Valhalla
    Alan Hutton - The player Messi could have been had he applied himself more

• Right someone has bought shares in Gonzalez???!?!?!

He’s up 4p. This is not correct. When he’s played another crap game I hope we can overlook this nonsense!

• @Ollie good old redchapp