Mourinho looks quite clever in hindsight

• Absolutely slated Luke Shaw last year and now he's performing arguably the best since he moved to Utd. A lot of talk of the fallout with Martial at the end of pre-season and look at how Martial is currently performing.

Maybe it is working! As someone who's never been a major fan of Mourinho, I was one saying he just had to go and have been for a while, but whatever he has planned might actually be coming together.

• a touch o fergie?!

• Or both are shitehouses and are playing for a new contract at Utd or elsewhere

• @Lukeroro seems to have got it spot on getting shot of Mkhitaryan.

• 10 games into the season and they’re already 9 points behind City and Liverpool, with no chance of catching them. 4 points behind Tottenham who spent nothing and have been rubbish.

I reckon they’ll end the season 30 points behind the league winners again.

• @Lukeroro and Lukaku is he on holiday

• @Mazza-magic Lukaku has always been pants.

• saw a stat on Tony Marshall the other day that said under Mourinho he's had a better goals-games ratio than he did at Monaco and under van Gaal... maybe stats can be misleading sometimes or maybe we can look in to things too much about Coaches not getting the best out of players? For me though Shaw was a good player before Mourinho... Shaw is still a good player... All I see at the moment is a fit Luke Shaw playing with confidence now... as opposed to an unfit Luke Shaw playing without confidence then???

• @dannypea said in Mourinho looks quite clever in hindsight:

saw a stat on Tony Marshall the other day that said under Mourinho he's had a better goals-games ratio than he did at Monaco and under van Gaal... maybe stats can be misleading sometimes or maybe we can look in to things too much about Coaches not getting the best out of players? For me though Shaw was a good player before Mourinho... Shaw is still a good player... All I see at the moment is a fit Luke Shaw playing with confidence now... as opposed to an unfit Luke Shaw playing without confidence then???

I saw that too, made my eyebrows move up.
    However, Martial was playing really well until Sanchez arrived and the Jose dropped him like a stone ( as a starter anyway )so I think the stats are misleading a bit, if Martial played every game I am sure he would be getting 20 goals at least a season

• Getting the best out of the players is surely what he gets paid for. I assumed from the title you meant that by falling out with all & sundry, driving performance into the ground, resulting in failure to win the league (& possibly missing out on the Top 4/6) & most likely ultimately getting himself the sack would mean that he was free to take up the Real Madrid job in the summer. Truly a Baldrickesque cunning plan.

• @NewUser159387

I think we're past the point of Mourinho being sacked. The dramatics seem to be steadying, Pogba is staying legit on Twitter and the team seems to be improving a bit.

If they had the balls, they'd have done it a fortnight ago.