Ok I know it's 6 months away

• There are a few things that many people have never experienced here, me being 1 of those people..
    So although it's a looooooong way away... let's imagine it's Monday 13th May and the Premier league has officially ended, yet there are still 2 weeks of games in the other big countries.. what are the odds of people jumping ship and selling up ???
    Then we've got the dreaded June and July with no football at all, does anyone know what happened in June and July 2017 when we had a similar situation?? The only available earnings will be MB, what could happen here ?? Please no rude comments about how far away we are from this, I'm just curious through lack of games at the moment, and my brain likes to wonder a few months forward now and again 😁 looking forward to all speculation and hopefully someone that was around in June 2017... onwards and upwards...

• I heard about all this panic last season and didn't really get it...? So the season ends and no PB... but triple media days almost guarantee cash so holding anyone who's being talked about (perhaps one of or all Neymar, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Salah, Messi etc).... should see you return x4 or x5 payouts a week minimum???

On that basis I think 'investors' will see it as an opportunity rather than a time to get out???

Granted your Glenn Murray G&A's and £1 PB Real Sociedad holds will all see drops in value (until the following season start) but anyone with a bit of transfer speculation should hold well as the market simply moves from matches to media...

I see the summer as the perfect time to buy rather than sell!

• @Andy-M said in Ok I know it's 6 months away:

There are a few things that many people have never experienced here, me being 1 of those people..
    So although it's a looooooong way away... let's imagine it's Monday 13th May and the Premier league has officially ended, yet there are still 2 weeks of games in the other big countries.. what are the odds of people jumping ship and selling up ???
    Then we've got the dreaded June and July with no football at all, does anyone know what happened in June and July 2017 when we had a similar situation?? The only available earnings will be MB, what could happen here ?? Please no rude comments about how far away we are from this, I'm just curious through lack of games at the moment, and my brain likes to wonder a few months forward now and again 😁 looking forward to all speculation and hopefully someone that was around in June 2017... onwards and upwards...

Transfers mate, there is plenty of money to be made and lost during this time, the market is extremely volatile but if you get in right you can do very well.

• Don't own too many of the real big MB boys, but do hold the likes of Salah, Mane, Sterling and Martial and I've already seen early speculation of Mane to Utd, Sterling to Madrid, Salah not happy at Liverpool and Martial linked just about everywhere, obviously these 4 could get some MB.

• I guess the question is do you take a 2% commission hit by selling & sit cash rich but risk missing any price volatility & associated trading opportunities over the summer & hope to buy back in pre season. The major risk besides losing any transfer speculation is that as money continues to pour into the index in general, with the result that the majority of players may actually have gone up by July/Aug.

I see that the correct answer will depend on the type of portfolio & trading strategy you follow; as pointed out above the big MB boys maybe winners along with transfer targets whilst squad players, young prospects & PB men may stagnate or even fall. I tend to agree with @dannypea any significant falls will provide good buying opportunities.

• If there is to be a share split and it does look that way - owning some pogba, neymar and messi now will be very profitable come the end of season

• @dannypea Last season was probably a bit weird due to the World Cup providing a nice PB buffer eating away a month of what is usually dead space after the CL final. Also a lot of growth on the index due to new joiners and top ups on PB players who were still heavily undervalued after the doubling of divs in November.

Might be a bit different during this season's three month gap since pure PB players aren't going to be producing anything so we might see a sell off of non MB players.

I was not on the index but I believe this happened with matchday media focused players (your Agueros, Kanes, Rashfords) when it was just MB and they would be similar to the PB players now.

• @Fletch my thoughts exactly, I used this deposit bonus to top up on the big boys. Should there be a split I think all the new money will go to those guys.

They initially said "no plans" for a share split this side of the new year - that doesn't mean anything though and I wouldn't be surprised if they did it December to keep money coming in on the run up to Christmas

• Last year i made a fortune loading up on pb players in the slump and waiting through summer for the late July spike. Will be doing the same again

• @Noirx4 Trippier for £1.49 was proberly my best buy in the summer.

• This summer just gone I made a big list of cheap undervalued PB players in May/June with a view to buying much closer to the start of the season. There was an international break in March where it seemed some PB only players went down in value so thought I had lots of time. I didn't.

Within weeks the majority in my list had flew and I felt I missed the boat. I was loaded up on world cup players and transfers at the time. I couldn't believe players like Depay were flying up north of £3 when they weren't going to return anything for 2/3 months. The 'get in early' hype went mental.

I also learnt that when there aren't games every week, there is no data to dispel theories about how good a player is or could be for PB, and the hype can take over big time. Then there's the likes of Odoi who nearly hit £4 as he was surely going to break into the first team...

Next summer, I will be ready.

• @Noirx4 I wasn't there in Summer 2017. When did the PB players start slumping?

• @HappyLarry59855 said in Ok I know it's 6 months away:

@Noirx4 I wasn't there in Summer 2017. When did the PB players start slumping?

PB players didn't exist

• @Andy-M liverpool and utd would never do business. Why on earth would they sell mane to utd?? Media bollocks but i guess it would generate media dividends. Thats like saying city would sell aguero to utd or tottenham selling eriksen to arsenal. Just wont happen in my opinion

• A few people will sell players at the end of the season. Several sheep will panic and then sell up encouraging more people to sell. Prices will go down slightly for most players. Those that keep hold of the players (me) will enjoy getting lots of MB money. Then when the season starts people will start to buy again and prices will go up.

• It’s more like 7/8 months?

• @NewUser171924 shhhhh you're not supposed to make it worse 🤣🤣🤣

• @Finlay77 wouldn't want Utd to do business with Liverpool either, but can you imagine the media if it happened 🙈

• @Harmonica is that just a wild guess or has it happened previously?

• @HappyLarry59855 around the champions league semi final onwards as i recall