Portfolio composition

• I was just wondering how balanced other traders portfolios are 🤔. With the recent G&A div trial introduction and the current deposit bonus, I've doubled my numbers invested in the index and it now consists of...

1 GK (very recent purchase)
    1 DEF
    3 MD
    6 FWD

Yes, I've got a starting 11 and I'm not going over that number 😎. But it's clearly unbalanced and vulnerable should there be any drastic changes in the G/A div. I'm thinking of gradually taking out a couple of fwds to be replaced by defenders JUST IN CASE there is a new mechanic F.I. are planning regards clean sheets etc.

Anyone else have a similar structure to their portfolio?

• the new bonus sent me a bit mad with investment and I have far more players now than originally planned:

DEF 15%
    MID 33%
    FWD 52%

Out of these I class them as:

Big Guns/Div Winners(keep) 45%
    Mid term holds(1-6months) 22%
    Long term holds(6months-3yrs) 33%

• @Weedster said in Portfolio composition:

the new bonus sent me a bit mad with investment and I have far more players now than originally planned:

DEF 15%
    MID 33%
    FWD 52%

Out of these I class them as:

Big Guns/Div Winners(keep) 45%
    Mid term holds(1-6months) 22%
    Long term holds(6months-3yrs) 33%

Good info 👍🏻

Mine is very heavily PB orientated, only 1 with any real MB potential 🤔. That's something else I might have to address before the summer of 2019 (no football!)

Cheers

• @ScouseSte I'd say with only 11 players it's gonna be hard to be assured of pb wins. mb is easier to predict imo. I'd love to hear of other people's strategies as I'm not very confident in trading and find it hard to keep track of profit/loss etc. eg. been on 2months and only sold 8 players, which doesn't seem many to me.

@ScouseSte I'd say with only 11 players it's gonna be hard to be assured of pb wins. mb is easier to predict imo. I'd love to hear of other people's strategies as I'm not very confident in trading and find it hard to keep track of profit/loss etc. eg. been on 2months and only sold 8 players, which doesn't seem many to me.

They are 11 GOOD players haha 🙏🏻. Nah a couple are long term holds for growth so I expect no dividends from them, only price increase over time.

Jeez, I've been only been on here since end of September and I've been through more players than (insert name of your chosen celebrity slapper here) 😆😆🙈🙈😔😔

• @ScouseSte said in Portfolio composition:

@Weedster said in Portfolio composition:

@ScouseSte I'd say with only 11 players it's gonna be hard to be assured of pb wins. mb is easier to predict imo. I'd love to hear of other people's strategies as I'm not very confident in trading and find it hard to keep track of profit/loss etc. eg. been on 2months and only sold 8 players, which doesn't seem many to me.

They are 11 GOOD players haha 🙏🏻. Nah a couple are long term holds for growth so I expect no dividends from them, only price increase over time.

Jeez, I've been only been on here since end of September and I've been through more players than (insert name of your chosen celebrity slapper here) 😆😆🙈🙈😔😔

Beryl Reid

• @Ellisandro :))))))))))

@Ellisandro :))))))))))

That's a reference for you over 40s :)

• @Ellisandro ...Mr Sloane!!!

• @ScouseSte see what your'e saying. I think I don't see instant results as all the players I've bought I think I see a long term rise for them. I just don't like paying commission on selling players ha, and apart from 2 panic sales I've made a decent profit on the other 6. ps still made a profit on me panics(CR7 and DeJong). Def looks like a long term strategy for me hence the reason I wasn't a fan of the G/A divs. as it didn't seem to suit me, with more experience it might though.

• @Ellisandro said in Portfolio composition:

@Weedster said in Portfolio composition:

@Ellisandro :))))))))))

That's a reference for you over 40s :)

I'm exactly 40 yet still nonthewiser 😂😂😂

@ScouseSte see what your'e saying. I think I don't see instant results as all the players I've bought I think I see a long term rise for them. I just don't like paying commission on selling players ha, and apart from 2 panic sales I've made a decent profit on the other 6. ps still made a profit on me panics(CR7 and DeJong). Def looks like a long term strategy for me hence the reason I wasn't a fan of the G/A divs. as it didn't seem to suit me, with more experience it might though.

Totally agree. Sit in. Laugh at people with ISAs or people who own Cardiff Goalkeepers.

• @ScouseSte film I watched as a kid......still in counselling after it :)

@ScouseSte film I watched as a kid......still in counselling after it :)

I'll steer clear then 👍🏻

• All rather depends on your strategy; Vast majority of MB tends to be won by the same 6/8 players so whilst easiest to predict their price often reflects that dividend income stream. If you are looking for PB remember all categories win the same; so with the exception of GK's (who are essentially worthless until they get a dedicated way to win) defenders are actually a better bet, as they tend to be cheapest, so require fewer wins to yield a decent return. Obviously the recent G&A favours attacking players & goalscorers but tbh specifically chasing 2/0.5p seems pointless, as any commission is likely to wipe out any gains overall; if a player I buy wins some G&A I'd class it as an extra bonus.

My current portfolio is split; GK: 0.5%, Def: 26%, Mid: 36%, For: 37.5%

I reckon out of the 2500+ players on the index there's only a couple of hundred worth holding with dividend potential & possibly same again for young capital growth/transfer speculation prospects the rest are essentially worthless, simply window dressing for pump & dump merchants to play with.

• Def - 15%
    Mid - 33%
    For - 52%

About 20% are short term flips and the rest a combo of div and growth potential.

• just done a headcount... 42 strikers 14 midfielders and 14 defenders... few strikers in there that might be classed as midfielders in my opinion and a few defenders that can play in midfield... I don't really think position matters other than forward/attacking players grow quicker and are more attractive for obvious reasons... Quite interesting that most who have provided stats have in average near 50% strikers... possibly something FI could look at to get the best out of the market by incorporating incentives for holding players in other positions???

• @dannypea The major (FI) significance of positions is that there are generally fewer forwards playing per team so a smaller pool for any forward you own to compete against on any given gameday compared to mids or defenders.

• Also Media tends to favor forwards more. 8 of the top 10 on the index are forwards and add the extra dimension of MB wins. This is the same in football in general and forwards will be the top earners at most clubs.
    I'm fully behind making the market more balanced for all positions tho and especially something around GK's to give them some value.

• @Weedster replying to my own post must stress that there is a difference between holds %age in players as opposed to hold %age cash wise. Although similar i would say that the cash invested is a ratio of 50% in FWDs and 25% each in DEFs and MIDs . Hope this makes sense