New user, just kicked off my portfolio

• So I am new to FI, just signed up last night. I have £80 in it and made some additions to my portfolio. So far I have used a mix of recommendations I have seen on this forum and my own knowledge for players. I had a few questions though which some experienced people may be able to help with:

I am more planning for long term but as a result I doubt I will be able to win any Media or Match day bonuses. Is this wise or is it better to have a mix? Ryan Sessegnon is currently my only top 200 player.

I have basically spent all my initial investment so if I spot a bargain now I either need to sell or deposit. I assume it is wise to always keep some money in the balance incase you spot an opportunity?

For long term investments I have people like Reine- Adelaide, Holding, P. Roberts, D. Sterling, Regulion. As an example I picked up my futures in Reine-Adelaide for 89p and now his buy price just hours later is £1.06. Would you sell and take the quick gain or stick knowing that he is player every week for Angers and at just 20 y/o will likely get a bigger moves within the next 18 months if he continues? I guess thats half the fun haha.

What is your top tip to someone who has been a member for 24 hours?

I have a few players red (around 35% of my portfolio), is this normal? What % of players you have do you expect to be red?

Anyway, at time of writing my portfolio has grown by 0.6% in 24 hours haha, at least I am not in the red. What % of growth is good? I am thinking anywhere north of 10% (that would make it better value than a savings account).

Sorry for all the questions haha and hello to all!

• Sterling is starting to do well for Coventry. I’m a cov fan. First few games looked very dodgy!

But last few games he has played so much better. Good cross on the lad and a lot more composed. Think he needed time to settle into L1.

• @Rob what position have cov been playing him ? Im a holder but not followed his season.

• Good advice would be to listen to the FI podcasts and read as much as you can here on this forum. Most ppl advocate playing the long game as flipping can be fraught with danger. A lot of ppl buy forwards and attacking midfielders as they have more chance of going up a lot in value, getting MB and winning PB. So avoid having too many defenders and don’t bother with keepers. Great players in real life like modric (around £2) don’t necessarily make good FI purchases. As they don’t often get big PB scores or MB. Pogba on the other hand is an average footballer but great FI purchase because he wins a lot of MB every time he cuts his hair or opens his mouth. Go on google and see who ppl are raving about as the next big talent, read articles and try and pick out the next superstar whilst they are cheap. Watch a lot of football- all 5 leagues. DO NOT PANIC SELL AND BUY. This is trap every newbie falls into, including myself. You see a bit of red and panic sell and lose money only to see them go up in value over the course of the season. And don’t panic buy a player just because everyone else is. They might have hit the max price and you are too late. See what other players in those positions are going for, and you will get an idea of whether they have hit their max price or not. And don’t buy off the trending page. It’s garbage players in garbage leagues who shoot up and down in value like yo yo’s. So basically pick young players, in attacking positions to hold for a long term. That is how the majority of traders on FI operate from my understanding. But good luck and do your own research.

• And of course don’t pump all your money into one or two players. Spread the risk across at least a couple dozen players 😉

• Number one tip read all the rules about mediabuzz and performance buzz.

• my tip is to be aware of spread price and when selling a player you may not necessarily get the buy price and take into account commission.

• @Weedster said in New user, just kicked off my portfolio:

my tip is to be aware of spread price and when selling a player you may not necessarily get the buy price and take into account commission.

Great point. You need to consider:

• 2% commission.
    • Future degradation on price (for every 100 you sell the sell price drops by 1p)
    • The GDP of Peru

• @Ellisandro said in New user, just kicked off my portfolio:

@Weedster said in New user, just kicked off my portfolio:

my tip is to be aware of spread price and when selling a player you may not necessarily get the buy price and take into account commission.

• 2% commission.
    • Future degradation on price (for every 100 you sell the sell price drops by 1p)
    • The GDP of Peru

The peruvian GDB is mainly dependant upon Bear exports to Paddington and surrounding areas

• @Advinculas-Index said in New user, just kicked off my portfolio:

@Ellisandro said in New user, just kicked off my portfolio:

@Weedster said in New user, just kicked off my portfolio:

• 2% commission.
    • The GDP of Peru

The peruvian GDB is mainly dependant upon Bear exports to Paddington and surrounding areas

Which in turn subsidises Marmalade imports which strangely affects the price of Asmir Begovic...we don't have enough data to ascertain how or why.

• @NewUser197355 worth setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of everything. Especially % price movements and sale value less 2% commission. Helps with decision making and learning (we all make mistakes!).

There are a few different strategies (take time to read the forum and you will get the jist) and make sure you do plenty of research about potential purchases. Good luck with it mate!

• It seems FI will reach this month 200.000 users.... 197.355 is the highest user number I have ever seen here.

• @NewUser38991 surely that calls for another deposit bonus, been ages since the last one 😁

• @NewUser38991 where have you seen the amount of users on FI ??

• @Andy-M just check his user name..... it includes the user no.

• @NewUser38991 but nobody actually really knows if that's how it works, could be completely random numbers, or it could skip for example.

• @Andy-M no they are not random. I m quite sure about that.

• @NewUser38991 explain yourself, because unless you watched from day 1 then I'm not sure how u could possibly know... when I got my private call last month from a manager, I actually asked how many people were on FI and he told me it's very sensitive information, if the last member was the number of users then why would he reply like that ??

• My number is 197k, I saw on another thread someone with a user number of around 187k say they joined around a month ago. Not saying this proves anything, just offering up some info.

Of course if the username is how many people have signed up, that doesn't mean 197k people are still active, many are likely to have given up over time.

• @NewUser197355 exactly why most people say they have no idea, I'd like to think it's close to 200k, but obviously nobody knows.