Penny stocks and relegations

• Two questions here:

1. Presumably, the Friday promotion/relegation becomes redundant from 1st Nov?

2. If all players from the top 5 leagues are available then does that means we'll see a huge player swap at the end of each season when teams are relegated from the top division?

For instance, if I hold 100 futures in Zaha thinking a bigger club will come calling does that mean I'll lose my investment only to see Zaha move back to the top 5 leagues in the transfer window?

Or will FI use it as an opportunity to expand into second tiers?

1. Yes

Its not been confirmed but I reckon everyone will be available even if they are relegated. I think you can request players to be added so if there is a second tier player yo want then you can request them to be listed. Just they wont be able to win PB.

I think Europa and Champs League players will be part off penny stocks even if they aren't in the top 5 leagues.

• @mike778

Agree with your thinking. Hope FI will clarify though.

• So an average of 23 man squad per team. Times by 20 teams (yes, I know there's only 18 in Bundesliga but just working out a ballpark), times by 5 for the top 5 leagues. That's 2,300 players. And that's not even counting any other Champions League and Europa League clubs.

You're probably looking at over an additional 3,000 players at least.

• Make or break FI ?

I think they will lose quite a few users but in time gain a lot of new ones.

• @Double-M

Get in and get out before the bubble bursts?

When that is, who knows?

• @ACBlue said in Penny stocks and relegations:

@Double-M

Get in and get out before the bubble bursts?

When that is, who knows?

I don't think the bubble will burst. Its a great concept - look at the popularity of football betting. I suppose the problem long term will be that the index needs losers. For every £1 anyone makes in profit, someone has to lose abut £1.05.

With football betting as its so short-term people may be more willing too lose than 'investors' in FI and the Index needs a flood of new losers for anyone to make money (including the devs).

• @Denny said in Penny stocks and relegations:

So an average of 23 man squad per team. Times by 20 teams (yes, I know there's only 18 in Bundesliga but just working out a ballpark), times by 5 for the top 5 leagues. That's 2,300 players. And that's not even counting any other Champions League and Europa League clubs.

You're probably looking at over an additional 3,000 players at least.

The problem will be liquidity.

Either the new guys will be under-priced in which case , we may well see a crash for certain players or they are over-priced in which case there will be a hoard of dead players who are basically unbuyable. Getting it dead right will be very tricky.

Either way with maybe 3000 players , its going to potentially be tricky finding buyers for the non elite players. Honestly anyone holding the mid to low range players is a braver investor than me.

• Well it most certainly could burst with this wholesale change to the platform. Personally, I don’t think it will but there’s a definite possibility given the amount some people have invested in long term holds which could drop quite dramatically in the coming months.
    However, I definitely think this will move the goalposts(pun fully intended) for fantasy football players in UK. This makes FI practically a real money version of fantasy football, with a couple of little extras. With that many players to choose from the liquidity could easily come from a load of new fantasy football players. Here’s certainly hoping anyway!

• @Double-M said in Penny stocks and relegations:

Well it most certainly could burst with this wholesale change to the platform. Personally, I don’t think it will but there’s a definite possibility given the amount some people have invested in long term holds which could drop quite dramatically in the coming months.
    However, I definitely think this will move the goalposts(pun fully intended) for fantasy football players in UK. This makes FI practically a real money version of fantasy football, with a couple of little extras. With that many players to choose from the liquidity could easily come from a load of new fantasy football players. Here’s certainly hoping anyway!

That's different from the bubble bursting ...

I think when it settles down then, there will be a good long-term product. Could be a bit messy for the next few months though. I'm going to watch with interest for now as I've taken my money out temporarily - am planning to re-invest (and if there is a 10% promotion its going straight back in)

• @mike778 I've taken my money out as-well. I was scared in case whilst they add more players all my buzz players go down by 25% in price.

• Surely taking your money out has cost more in commission/sales fees than the 'crash' that didn't happen?

• @CleanShirtTrader Possibly, or possibly not. The new players haven't been added yet.