What's the overall feel on G&A dividends now?

• I personally still hope they keep them.

If they cancel the goal dividends I can see my portfolio going down and I have not even bought that many players since the annoucement, but i feel the index would become very media orientated again.

• I dont think there is anything wrong with it apart from the fact they need something for defenders.

• i like them... but can't really keep a track of them that easily so not sure if its anything other than an extra bonus dividend or token gesture for me???

if paid daily then i would have more incentive to invest in them but purchasing a player who scores a hat-trick then selling him overnight or two weeks later and still getting paid on them at the end of the month sounds a bit confusing for me and knowing FI's 1980's amstrad payment system isn't always the most reliable if i don't know how much is owed after 30 days how can they????

In principle i love getting paid on goalscorers... But I do have a spreadsheet set up to monitor it all and for the extra few quid at the month end I'm yet to be persuaded it's all worth the extra work for both myself and FI???

• Think it will be here to stay. Maybe an idea would be to stagger the dividend according to the players price at the start of the day eg;
    Price Goal Div
    <1.00 10p
    1.00-1.99 9p
    2.00-2.99 8p
    3.00-3.99 7p
    4.00-4.99 6p
    5.00-7.49 4p
    7.50-9.99 2p
    10+ 1p
    Price bands and divis just an illustration, open to change. Possibly something similar for CS re GK and Def. Cheaper the player, greater the reward. Would level the playing field and make the cheaper players more attractive. Thoughts?

• @BOOM

That would be very complicated and based on FI's track record so far, it's not something they could administer without a huge number of errors and complaints.

Personally I think the G&A should end. Other than inflating the price of some rubbish strikers, I'm not sure what positive benefit it really brings to the Index. There are plenty of normal bookies who offer far better odds on Anytime Scorer, if you really fancy betting on a certain player scoring.

• @ocs123 I think now that the dust has settled it actually worked quite well and it gave another way to win to certain traders.

obviously the announcement was a shambles and the fact the messed up the payments didnt help but I can see it moving forward and if nothing else it becomes an extra bonus on new purchases (if they find a way to ensure payments are accurate)

There was a lot of talk about devaluing other players but I disagree with that:

Kimmich, an expensive defender who dropped as a result, 16p in divs last 2 champs league games
    Kroos - smashed it last night
    Alcantara - Top mid on a triple day pre injury

the value remains on players who consistently score well on PB and whilst there were movements on these players initially within a week 'normal' service resumed.

I quite like being able to buy a player who ordinarily would have been useless on the index and if nothing else it keeps money flowing into FI which will benefit us all in the long run

• @Wilba

It definitely devalued a lot of players, Matt's stats prove that. FI had to introduce another 10% deposit bonus just to correct the damage the G&A bonus caused.

Not sure there is any skill in waiting for a goal to be scored and then buying a player to collect 2p. As others have said, it doesn't fit with the "what's your football knowledge worth" slogan at all.

I would be surprised if it continues beyond 30th November, but if it does, I suspect the market will react badly again.

• I want it but where it is unlimitless rather than 1 month. That would be tasty. I know it won't be though.

• Scrap it. It's an unwelcome stray towards pure gambling. Not what I signed up for.

• @ocs123 I agree and my portfolio took a pounding - I think a lot of that was due to traders panicking and selling and the whole thing snowballed

completely agree with you that theres no skill in waiting for a goal to go in and buying a player. However, there is skill in looking at players and buying in the run up to favourable fixtures.

Make the most of these traders who are lumping on goal scorers - buy players in anticipation for all these guys jumping on the bandwagon late and make money from them. I have made money by buying on a monday/tuesday (when guys havent scored) then sell on the friday when the G&A traders jump on.

for FI to be successful it needs to constantly evolve and FI needs to keeping taking commission, those traders that evolve with it will make the most money.

• I was dead against it when I was chasing those 2p dividends by buying for fixtures because it was costing me a lot of money. Now I really like it. I went back to my original way of trading, made my money back and stopped chasing single games. Now if I get any g&a dividends, great, if not then it hasn't affected the way I'm trading. In the last 5 days I have made £16 without really trying and my players haven't performed particularly well. So if it stayed for the longs term, that would be a nice little bonus to keep getting.

• @ocs123 said in What's the overall feel on G&A dividends now?:

@Wilba

It definitely devalued a lot of players, Matt's stats prove that. FI had to introduce another 10% deposit bonus just to correct the damage the G&A bonus caused.

Not sure there is any skill in waiting for a goal to be scored and then buying a player to collect 2p. As others have said, it doesn't fit with the "what's your football knowledge worth" slogan at all.

I would be surprised if it continues beyond 30th November, but if it does, I suspect the market will react badly again.

The fact that Harry Kane's share price remained almost static after he scored the other day was just one of many examples where people have stopped buying into players once they've scored. Everyone has woken up to the fact dividends don't outweigh commission on sales so it's not worth buying AFTER the fact.

The skill now regarding G&A divs is to do you research and buy EARLY on players who may score during the next two or three games. You can then flip if you want or hold, whatever you decide its relatively safe to assume the price won't fall anywhere near where you bought in because people aren't panic buying/selling now like they did during that first week of the trial.

G&A should stay, in my humble opinion, but there HAS to be something similar that rewards defenders/goal keepers

• @ScouseSte Kane's spread and commission are too big to take a punt on one goal. Watch for someone like Prijovic tonight who is bound to score and 53p. That's where you'll see actual movement.

This isn't a bump. I'm not on Prijovic. I was in PAOK's last game in Europa, he was rested, I lost money, not forgiven him!!

• @ScouseSte said in What's the overall feel on G&A dividends now?:

The skill now regarding G&A divs is to do you research and buy EARLY on players who may score during the next two or three games. You can then flip if you want or hold, whatever you decide its relatively safe to assume the price won't fall anywhere near where you bought in because people aren't panic buying/selling now like they did during that first week of the trial.

For me this is the joy of G&A and why I have really come round to it. I dispute the idea that it’s like an anytime goalscorer bet, because I’m yet to experience my 70p G&A pick losing me all my money when they don’t score. Maybe down a few pence, but they often rebound for the next game and then spike when they score. If it’s helping FI make some more commission, then that’s even better.

• Am I in favour of something that adds an extra dimension to FI and offers additional ways to make money - Definitely Yes
    Do I think G & A is the best answer to the above - Probably not
    Do I think G & A was not thought through and introduced incredibly badly - Definitely Yes

Therefore I would be happy to see additions to the FI platform but ones that compliment the original structure not damage it.

Some possibilities would be:

2nd & 3rd place PB dividends on triple match days
    Bonus dividends if your player earns PB dividends and you bought him in the last month (very similar but better)
    Give goalkeepers a category on triple match days

Other things that should be FI priority

Order books & Share Splits
    Better IT & Administration
    1% commission on buying a player and 1% on selling a player

Hope to hear some of this tonight

• @Fletch I agree with 2nd and 3rd but believe it should be for MB and PB and everyday. Prices are too high for top players now I believe.

• @HappyLarry59855

Single, Double, Triple and Media days would be perfect - but we do not know FI's balance sheet and as G & A looks like it was introduced to increase turnover it is currently very unlikely they could afford all bar triple days. We need them to make money so that we can, hopefully over time they could progress to this.

Additionally if the top players are overpriced we not FI are to blame as we buy them. Personally I believe forgetting G & A in the top 200 all bar Neymer, Pogba, Messi and Hazard are overpriced as they are the only 4 you can hand on heart say that you will get sufficient dividends over the next 3 years to justify the price.

• @Fletch Maybe. I think they probably need people buying and selling more as people like myself are content to sit there on what we've got. But we don't know what they can do or can't. I agree with you on Pogba however I have gone for Mbappe also as he is clearly the best teenage player in the world.

• @Tom77 I agree, they could jack up the defender PB as compensation...

• I don't like it as I bought into palcacer at his peak And he's currently 79p down for me. Stuani is 24p down. Fortunately I only invested dividend wins to jump on the bandwagon for the G&A divs. Well it wasn't worth the £4 I got....😫