Sterling

• what do we see his ceiling as? Looking at Salah's price, if sterling continues this form he could end up around the £10 mark come the end of the season?

• Salah was winning games by himself, Sterling is in such a good team he doesnt need to do that so I cant see his price go crazy like Salah at the moment. City have so many good players they dont really have a star man imo.

• @Tom77 fair point. However he's english, which could be a key factor? £8 minimum i believe

• @Tom77 said in Sterling:

Salah was winning games by himself,

Which also meant he got decent MB dividends (on top of PB wins) - Sterling taps a few set ups in from 3 yards out but not much more, so already looks fully valued.

• Generally price is driven by dividends if Sterling started to win PB that would generate Mb also so then his price would rocket definitely but if he just score a goal in a 4-0 win then not much will happen apart from some slow growth imo.

All the big players win dividends.

• @NewUser159387 said in Sterling:

@Tom77 said in Sterling:

Which also meant he got decent MB dividends (on top of PB wins) - Sterling taps a few set ups in from 3 yards out but not much more, so already looks fully valued.

Took it out of my mouth.

• @Tom77 said in Sterling:

@NewUser159387 said in Sterling:

@Tom77 said in Sterling:

Took it out of my mouth.

If you look at his stats for Assists this season it paints an altogether different picture.
    Whenever i watch a man city game (especially when thay are at home, hw seems to be involved in the build up of most of their attacks

http://www.espn.co.uk/fantasy/story/_/id/25216853/fantasy-soccer-raheem-sterling-best-premier-league-fantasy-midfielder

• @Advinculas-Index said in Sterling:

If you look at his stats for Assists this season it paints an altogether different picture.

So how much PB/MB dividends has that resulted in, as I don't hold him? Looked like he couldn't hit a cow's ar*e with a banjo in the WC but I accept City have far better players around him than when with England.

Any £4/5/6+ player needs a strong proven dividend stream or at least the realistic prospect of one otherwise they are just over hyped & over priced & will be found out & suffer price drops, think Lukaku, Sanchez or Rooney & Zlat when they went to USA.

• always annoys me when people ask for price ceilings or state if someone is undervalued, overvalued, priced too low, too high etc...

A player is valued at what he's worth on FI because people are buying him or they are not...

Sterling for me is flying, probably the best form he's ever been in and as an England fan long may it continue... I don't think ANY player on FI has a ceiling but if the brand continues to grow then why can't he be close in value to Neymar, Mbappe, Messi etc as he's a goalscoring playmaker who is never far from media attention...

£10? £15? £20?? as long as FI keeps rising and Sterling plays well his stock will rise!!!

• As others have stated it's so easy for attackers in Guardiola's Man City to rack up good numbers. Put any top flight player with decent pace and close control in Sterling's Man City place and you will get similar goal/assists output.

The fact that they don't have a main 'go to guy/superstar of the team' (eg Salah, Ronaldo, Messi, Kane, Hazard) for the goals in the blockbuster games along with their lack of global support (despite what their own fans will tell you) means there is usually a bigger story/article for journalist's main headlines that's going to get them more clicks/sell more papers.

These points in my opinion prevent Sterling (and most Man City attackers) from moving into the £10+ bracket in the current market.

Edit.
    Also Man City stars rarely get linked with moves to Madrid/Barca etc unlike Hazard, Pogba, Salah, Mbappe, Kane, Neymar to name a few.

• @NewUser159387 said in Sterling:

@Advinculas-Index said in Sterling:

So how much PB/MB dividends has that resulted in, as I don't hold him? Looked like he couldn't hit a cow's ar*e with a banjo in the WC but I accept City have far better players around him than when with England.

Any £4/5/6+ player needs a strong proven dividend stream or at least the realistic prospect of one otherwise they are just over hyped & over priced & will be found out & suffer price drops, think Lukaku, Sanchez or Rooney & Zlat when they went to USA.

Doesn't seem to have much effect on Mbappe who doesn't tend to get much PB/MB in relation to him being £12. A lot of it will be based on potential and with Sterling he has a lot more potential at the moment than Lukaku & Sanchez and i dont foresee him moving to the USA for a few years yet either.
    What i do see is a young England international who is currently scoring and assisting goals for fun and only likely to get better over the next 3 years.

• @dannypea i shall rephrase. Not a ceiling, but a price in which is comfortably a possibility come the end of the season. I agree with what you are saying and i guess a players price largely depends on the growth of the platform, which is why i think sterling could hit £10 in the next year or so.

• @Advinculas-Index precisely. Not everyone on the market is rational when it comes to PB and MB potential. Sterling is an exciting english talent.... price rises

• @Advinculas-Index

Don't totally disagree; Pep is clearly improving him & he's surrounded by world class players that always helps but does his output justify his current price (or a rise from here) not in my opinion. Could he get better & justify it - possibly, will people keep buying him & driving his price up - probably but I simply don't think he offers value currently.

As for Mbappe his price is based on a combination of ripping teams apart, scoring 2/3/4 goals at a time, winning PB/MB regularly (or at least the clear potential to do so), playing for THE dominant team in a very weak PB league & constant transfer speculation to Spain & EPL - none of which apply to Sterling atm.

My overall point is unless an expensive player's price is based on results then it has very weak foundations & has the potential to collapse at any time.

• @ID8 certainly think on present form (and if it continues) then he could scrape into the top five on the index so on that.. £6.95 looks undervalued and he could reach £10+ before Jan???

We all know his potential so if he keeps playing the way he is factoring in his age and City's potential to dominate for a few years yet he should be a relatively safe hold for capital growth!!

• @NewUser159387 sterling has been ripping teams apart this season? He is in the dominant team, despite the competitive nature of the prem. Mbappe hasnt been a dividend magnet and i think sterling has an equal chance of doing so, all be it he probably won't score 4 goals in one game on the odd occasion. Despite his incredible stats over the past few seasons he still comes under a lot of criticism... I feel as if this is the season where everybody will begin to realise what a good player he is, and hype will continue to build as he racks up the numbers imo. A matter of opinion i guess, but personally i think he is greatly undervalued and I am selling shares in KDB to load up on raheem!

• @ID8 said in Sterling:

A matter of opinion i guess

Which is why the index is such a great place to play - simply putting your money where your mouth is. I think with future index growth any young. English goalscorer especially one playing regularly for a top team will increase in value - whether they can justify it or not!

• There a lot of players who are around £4-6 who could explode into the £9,10 bracket, at then end of day its all about form and winning matches.

At the moment I would say Sterling and Martial are the form players and seem to have momentum and both prices could rise.

Also both haven’t signed contracts yet

• @NewUser196892 Say what ?? I'm pretty sure Sterling has been linked with a move to RM on several occasions.

• @NewUser159387 agreed, and Sterling is justifying it more than most. Plenty more room for growth too.