Risers View

• Anyone think the %age "Risers" view is a bit of a waste of time? I see it most days and ignore it most days as the players are unheard of and disappear the same or next day never to be seen again. I think maybe a %age view of the top 200 might be more interesting rather than just the price rise. Thoughts anyone?

• @Weedster

Agree with it regarding a "pump & dump" shop window but I do sometimes get alerted to news or performances I might have missed either by obscure or over looked players & can then add to my watchlist if not buy there & then. So it has it's uses but can clearly be abused.

• it's usually anyone who IPO's (who i don't think they should include or maybe have a seperate table for) but take away the IPO and it shows for example yesterdays top performers like RBS hat-trick hero Minamino and Gacinovic from Eintracht who might usually get overlooked.. so i do tend to have a glance as can be quite useful...

Re the watchlist... What I would LOVE is it to fix the price & date from when you start watching so that you can monitor the differences in value over time... Gives you a good indication on if you should or should not have invested and can then be used as something reflecting a virtual portfolio??

• Cheers for thoughts, re monitoring watchlist I just use the price trend chart on each player to check certain points.

• @dannypea said in Risers View:

to fix the price & date from when you start watching

Just buy 1 future which is a proxy to monitor a player, not ideal I admit but works for me - just don't regret it when they are £5 higher a few months later.

• no its not ideal... sorry don't see the point in buying one future just to monitor someones progress... as mentioned above you can go to certain price points but i've had times i've started watching a player and a month or so later I wouldn't remember when i started watching them so if they had gone up or down it wouldn't have been accurate.. I think if we knew.. It would probably give us more incentive to invest.. But its not essential.. something that would simply make my life easier without having to buy someone or scroll through months of data??? I think if FI was more statistical savvy it would see a lot more investment in it!!!

• @dannypea If you were really interested in a player, you would log it, notebook or spreadsheet. Or just note the day and check the graphs on the old site.

• @Ollie different people different techniques... I'm interested in a thousand players on the index but can't be logging them all pal!!!

If i invest i log it, if i don't i won't... not your problem i know.. i'm just saying from my perspective i find the site a little basic when it comes to information which just results in all these spin offs charging you for six month old data and PB history!!!

if everything was more readily available on site more traders would spend more time there and from it wil probably invest more too!

• With how much money people invest and if they want it to grow even further they could offer so much more on terms of analysis. A lot of players don't even have their correct club listed. As an example Iturbe is listed as Porto...he left them in 2014! I'm sorry but that is truly basic stuff that isn't difficult to keep up to date.

I can't even see anywhere to see how much in dividends a player has won over say the last 3 months. You should be able to see historical dividend winners.

They could also give you a players season stats, so you click on them and it tells you how many league appearances and goals etc they have scored this season for their club. This would be quite an easy data pull.

The more information they provide the more people will invest

• @NewUser197355 @NewUser197355 agree. there seems to be a lot of easy fixes/housekeeping that aren't done that a 17yr old YOP could do( showing my age).

• The lack of transparency with statistics could really hinder the growth of this platform.

• @NewUser196892 agreed, collective records of say the past 5-10 PB scores could see huge investment into players that don't get or rarely get invested in... IF we are adding Goals & Assists ongoing then why not provide basic information of goals and assists scored? on MB why not track players past MB scores??? Why not list the dividend winners and losers of the past??? this is basic information and if we are providing a 'bet' based on longer term statistical evidence (which was mentioned last night) then why not provide basic longer term statistical analysis??? I'm not sure how its done at the moment but If i want to check a PB score from the previous day I can't... As mentioned be great to go to a date and type in what a player was worth this day then? All of this should have been made possible in the first couple of years before so many players were added!

I would like to see the player search facility click thru to the player page with age, club, country, ave PB score, last five PB scores and if here to stay goals and assists of the last 30 days???

• @dannypea
    I'm sure i'm not the only one who would be investing a lot more if we had easy access to this information.

It makes so much commercial sense from the customer end that I can't help but think there is some sinister reason as to why the information isn't readily available and we can only see the most basic of price change charts.

• @dannypea said in Risers View:

@NewUser196892 agreed, collective records of say the past 5-10 PB scores could see huge investment into players that don't get or rarely get invested in... IF we are adding Goals & Assists ongoing then why not provide basic information of goals and assists scored? on MB why not track players past MB scores??? Why not list the dividend winners and losers of the past??? this is basic information and if we are providing a 'bet' based on longer term statistical evidence (which was mentioned last night) then why not provide basic longer term statistical analysis??? I'm not sure how its done at the moment but If i want to check a PB score from the previous day I can't... As mentioned be great to go to a date and type in what a player was worth this day then? All of this should have been made possible in the first couple of years before so many players were added!

I would like to see the player search facility click thru to the player page with age, club, country, ave PB score, last five PB scores and if here to stay goals and assists of the last 30 days???

Look at it this way, on skybet or betfred do they have all the stats of all thesports?, no they dont, its the same here, its up to us to figure out the stats.

• i get that... but that doesn't make it right!!!

If betfair or ladbrokes for example had the last five games on a form table by the side of the fixture or the league tables at hand in a pop up wouldn't it be great?? wouldn't it make life easier?? wouldn't it make placing bets quicker???

I'm sure there's a reason why these companies don't bother with statistics (they probably think the less they give the more the punters will lose) but I feel IF we had them to hand on site, in one place, then that would ensure more time is spent on the site and because of it more money spent on the site!!!

At the moment i spend 10 mins a day on the site, 10 hours a day on the forum and don't even bother with the blog or academy sections? If i want stats i head to Soccerway or Who Scored or another... If FI had them all in one place along with new IPO updates and past scores then I wouldn't need to go anywhere else for my information???