Goal & Assist Div's coming to an end

• Was just wondering what people's predictions are for the market if the trial decides to finish for good. Will there a big drop in strikers values?? would be interesting to hear everyones views on what will happen.

• Personally I think they’ll carry it on, maybe with a few small tweaks. So very little will happen to the market in that case.

• Even if they scrap it, and strikers see huge drops, thats fine by me, use the drops to buy more futures at cheaper prices. Nantes striker sala, cavani, suarez, gradel all won pb without g@a.

• I honestly think they will keep it especially if they are planning a share split without halving dividends. The g&a has earned them a lot in commission and keeps the market moving but is weighed heavily in favour of the short term trader. If the market becomes stagnant and everyone is just sitting raking in dividends on long term futures then they might find the index can’t sustain itself. We need a dividend structure that can reward all types of trader to keep the wheels in motion

• @Black-wolf would agree G&A certainly genrated more short term interest be that good or bad, id halve the G&A bonus and make it a 60 day bet perhaps.

• @Black-wolf

I don’t think they’re planning a share split without halving dividends. This has been talked about by posters on here, but that’s it.

The FI survey made it clear that a share split would involve a proportional reduction in dividends too.

• @ocs123 said in Goal & Assist Div's coming to an end:

@Black-wolf

I don’t think they’re planning a share split without halving dividends. This has been talked about by posters on here, but that’s it.

The FI survey made it clear that a share split would involve a proportional reduction in dividends too.

Everyone will pile in hoping for the next dividend increase which surely must happen after a while if a share split happens.

• @Tom77

I hope so, but I haven’t seen anything from FI to suggest that they’re seriously considering a dividend increase.

I think it’s needed though in order to facilitate long term growth in the market.

• @ocs123 I know they said will half dividends too but I personally feel that will make big players less appealing. If the price of players recovers back to where it is now after the share split then i think more people would sell up and bag their large growth profits than sit collecting dividends. There would be very little incentive to purchase more expensive players. I might be totally wrong though but I thing the g&a would be a great way to fund larger dividend payouts and encourage more people to invest more money

• @Tom77 I think I read somewhere that after the first split, about a year later the dividend increase was the introduction of pb and treble media? I'm not sure if I'm right there though