Rooney loss

• I'm new to this and always hear of how much people make but never hear of losses. With Rooney dropping some much in 24hours after people getting on him for 1 game I was wondering how much people lost on him.

• Rooney doesn't play in a PB league so his potential dividend return is non-existent. Players who move to the MLS might as well, from a FI investor point of view, retire from the game altogether.

People would have been getting on Rooney pre last night for one of two reasons:

1. They thought they'd boost his price sufficiently for him to get back into the top 200 and therefore be eligible for MB, or;
    2. Like your good self my friend (this is an educated guess based on your question) - they have not invested the 5-10 minutes it takes to actually read the FI rules

Best of luck with your FI journey.

• @gloryhornet88 no I haven't put money into him knowing he would go back down. But my point is with so many getting on him then falling so quickly some will have to have made a loss and be stuck with him paying double than he is worth now.

• @NewUser185128 herein lies the risk of football index. But it's a lot less risky then putting the equivalent amount of money into an acca on Paddy Power, etc. etc.

• Yeah I get that. But what I was getting at you never hear of people losing money on here (well over a prolonged period of time anyway) but some have to for others to make profit. I was trying to see how much people can/have lost in a single price hike and drop like with Rooney, with zero potential for him going back up

• @gloryhornet88

in the vast majority of cases this is correct. However, if you bought Rooney at, say £1.28 (value when Football Index tweeted about it), then you WOULD have been better off punting that money on a long-shot acca.

• Yeah mate very true. I was just reading the thread Rooney testimonial match. Looks like a lot have been stung. Nothing wrong with making a profit out of others losing imo. Dog eat dog if people are foolish enough to follow such a trend they almost deserve to lose out

• @NewUser185128 none of which have any of the replies answered the question and I guess the majority of people won't....

• O is it the same as betting. People brag of their big win but never let you know how much they have lost

• I see no logic at all in buying him or Zlatan but it’s their money it’s their choice

• @Keegan's-Bluff to be honest whoever bought Rooney let alone for 1.28 needs a long sit down on a special couch . Sorry to say

• @Keegan's-Bluff by the way i didn't mean you personally as assume your thread was hypothetical

• the second post in that thread was me telling people to avoid him, so no i didn't 'get on'. I wouldn't expect anyone to come here and confess to a loss, but I would hope anyone that did make a loss making trade on him doesn't feel too bad, I know I've made a few bad trades when I was getting to know the Index. Just got to make sure you learn as best you can so can avoid getting caught out next time.

• There Isnt a single person on here who has never lost on a trade imo. If they havent they need to forget fi and head to wall st. Your trading skills could be gordon gekko esque!

• @Finlay77 said in Rooney loss:

There Isnt a single person on here who has never lost on a trade imo. If they havent they need to forget fi and head to wall st. Your trading skills could be gordon gekko esque!

AWOOOGA AWOOOGA!

You have said "Gordon Gekko-esque" which was the thing i had bet Steve Beaglehole would NEVER happen. Thanks, i now owe him a postal order for 12 shillings.

• @Ellisandro only because my football outlook newspaper mentioned the great gordon gekko and it stuck in my head 😂