Richarlison

• He is currently on the rise and I'd just like to hear people's thoughts in general on him and where he could end up career wise and price wise? Do we see him at a top 4 club in the Prem or potentially a replacement for Suarez as a number 9 at Barcelona? I think it often gets overlooked that he is the same age as Marcus Rashford and is getting regular football at Everton as their main man.

• I first saw him off the back of a great season at Fluminese playing for Watford, I did my research, he was in the Serie A team of the year and big things were expected.. I watched an 18 year old non English speaking boy play with confidence, direct, a bit like an old fashioned winger.. I said back then he was the best player for Watford i've seen since John Barnes!!!

So i brought shares in him... Not many but all i could afford at the time... Paid around £2 and he scored against Chelsea and played well... Price shot up... But thereafter he dipped!!! Typical for one so young, especially as we learn that the Brazilian league season pretty much ensured when he signed for Watford he would have already played a full season with hardly any break... Maybe he tired from December onwards last year and I started falling out of love...

So when he signed for Everton I cashed out on a few pence profit just to get rid!!! Not really believing he'll kick off with a bang... I was so wrong and wish I followed my initial gut!!!

Maybe he'll tire again during the winter months? I always remember Robinho thinking 'what the fck am i doing' when he was at City playing at Ewood Park on a Monday night in snow and sleet gloves and snood rapped around him... Richarlison could go the same way... But i think 2 years at Everton and he could go on to bigger greater things.. Already scoring his first goal for Brazil... Why not the next move on the horizon Real Madrid? Barcelona? Or maybe more realistically a PSG or Juve??

He has the world at his feet and I'm watching his price rise now thinking 'should I get back on'...? I honestly think he'll continue to rise but I have the doubt in the back of my mind that 'now' whilst he's hot might not be the best time? I'll watch how he goes through the winter but if he's still showing signs of improvement i'll soon be calling him the best Everton winger since Kevin Sheedy!!!

Now that's a compliment!!!

• @dannypea said in Richarlison:

I first saw him off the back of a great season at Fluminese playing for Watford, I did my research, he was in the Serie A team of the year and big things were expected.. I watched an 18 year old non English speaking boy play with confidence, direct, a bit like an old fashioned winger.. I said back then he was the best player for Watford i've seen since John Barnes!!!

So i brought shares in him... Not many but all i could afford at the time... Paid around £2 and he scored against Chelsea and played well... Price shot up... But thereafter he dipped!!! Typical for one so young, especially as we learn that the Brazilian league season pretty much ensured when he signed for Watford he would have already played a full season with hardly any break... Maybe he tired from December onwards last year and I started falling out of love...

So when he signed for Everton I cashed out on a few pence profit just to get rid!!! Not really believing he'll kick off with a bang... I was so wrong and wish I followed my initial gut!!!

Maybe he'll tire again during the winter months? I always remember Robinho thinking 'what the fck am i doing' when he was at City playing at Ewood Park on a Monday night in snow and sleet gloves and snood rapped around him... Richarlison could go the same way... But i think 2 years at Everton and he could go on to bigger greater things.. Already scoring his first goal for Brazil... Why not the next move on the horizon Real Madrid? Barcelona? Or maybe more realistically a PSG or Juve??

He has the world at his feet and I'm watching his price rise now thinking 'should I get back on'...? I honestly think he'll continue to rise but I have the doubt in the back of my mind that 'now' whilst he's hot might not be the best time? I'll watch how he goes through the winter but if he's still showing signs of improvement i'll soon be calling him the best Everton winger since Kevin Sheedy!!!

Now that's a compliment!!!

Kevin Sheedy! As long as he doesn't grow a moustache like Ian Snodin all will be fine at Everton.

Richarlison is reunited with his father figure at Everton. His demise in form also coincided with Silva leaving Watford.

SAY NO TO SNOODS!

• @dannypea Interesting read from someone who has clearly seen more of him than myself. I agree there may be a concern over the winter period in England, but i do think this will be the first season to judge that as you mention last year he basically did back to back seasons coming from Brazil. Also interesting that you speak of him as a winger? is that where you see him at his best? Everton have recently started playing him as their number 9 and i see that as his long term position. I think he has the stature of a center forward and has actually surprised me with his aerial ability, maybe because he is brazilian and we are used to step overs and not bullet headers..

I think the fact he is able to step up for Brazil and score and seem unfazed is hugely promising, naturally i think the better players he plays with the more we will see of him. This is happening on international duty.

Bring on Cardiff at home this weekend :)

• If he was at Watford still I think his price might be more, betting on a big transfer. Now he has already had a 40million move to a mid table club in Everton he could be stuck becuase now for him to move, a big club must pay more than £40million so he will have to score a lot of goals for that to happen imo. One to watch though.

• @dannypea perhaps i bought your shares then. i happened to see the first report of his move to Everton very early and was confident enough to insta-buy a fair chunk at under £2. have not been disappointed, and think there are many reasons to expect more growth from him. And that's 3 goals in 2 starts for Brazil now.

• @NewUser50555

I use the term 'winger' loosely and maybe its showing my age living in an era when wingers got chalk on their boots!!!

Of course Richarlison played as an out and out wide man at Watford on occasions whilst at Everton he's shown he can do a job in that new age number nine position as well as cutting in from the left so in reality can play anywhere across the front three and why not...

I think potentially any young winger (remember Ronaldo) could naturally play as a centre forward and we are now seeing the likes of Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane given more freedom to do this?

Back to my point though, he has the ability to go on and do great things, I even like the little bit of nastiness he has... Playing in England will certainly provide him strength to go with his undoubted technique, the next question is where does he go from Everton?? I think he'll certainly stay another 18 months but what happens next will probably be real iconic moment of his career?

• @dannypea Yeah agreed, this is most certainly the next question.. I think of course this all depends how he does over the next 18 months. I expect by this point Chelsea will have a new forward, they cant wait 18 months and i see Icardi going there. I think your looking at PSG, Juve and Barca. They all have strikers over the age of 30 and in the coming 18 months will surely be on the look out..

• Good player, quick, strong, eye for goal (actually good in the air), tricky as you like and will continue to progress as he settles into the county (still a young man).

Establishing himself in Brazil line-up and if he continues to progress a big boy club will come knocking and pay £75m / £80m - Richarlison will position himself for a move, as he saw Everton a step up from Watford “, and likewise any of the Big 4 or marquee European Club is a step up from Everton.

Silva won’t last long at Everton... so a strong 2018/19 season for Richarlison could see a big Summer sale...

• @NewUser50555 I suppose it all depends on his progression which is another reason to finding out over the course of this winter how he does...

It would be easy to jump on today after scoring for Brazil.. but maybe assessing his performance over the hectic English Xmas period might give better hunch to how he'll do for the rest of the season? I like him, but with any kid so young consistency is always a little tougher to find which might mean there are a few more opportunities ahead to get on board???

• before he signed for watford, he'd played a full season in brazil, and then through the summer. So when he went straight into a PL season he hadn't had a real break, therefore very understandable his form dipped in the second half of the season, especially with Silva leaving.

Thought he was a very good bet to do well after a proper summer break and reunited with Silva, and expect Everton to have a good season too. Either way, it's also pretty much nailed on he will attract serious interest from top level teams soon enough too.

• He is a class act. Hugely talented footballer with a bit of everything in his locker and a humble guy as well.

He will have dips in form due to his age but he will score near enough 20 goals a season for Everton in my opinion.

Having said that, (it pains me to say this as an evertonian!) I imagine he will leave after 2/3 seasons with us. If he continues as he is he will be good enough to play for a champions league contender standard team in any European league.

Top lad, worth holding

• @NewUser50555 said in Richarlison:

interesting that you speak of him as a winger? is that where you see him at his best? Everton have recently started playing him as their number 9 and i see that as his long term position.

AIUI it was the Brazil coach who first played him through the middle where he did well & then Silva looked at Tosun/DCL & though he's currently better than both of my other options at 9 so followed suit. I bought him @275 & have been waiting for a dip in form/price ever since in order to top up as I believe he could easily skyrocket should he kick on. If he does he'll be playing at a European big boy within a couple of seasons - just plausible that Neymar goes to Spain or Barca want to replace Suarez & his name would be on the list of possible replacements (Everton wouldn't be able to resist even if they wanted to). He would also improve any EPL top 6 sides attacking options but that might be less likely a move IMO but even at 408 currently I see the potential for him to double in price if things go well.

• Basically he has to prove he is worth £60million then!
    25-30 goals for Everton for a couple of seasons should to the trick.