Cross pollinate your investments

• Question: How do you sell Sterling to buy Sterling?

Answer: FX trade to pay for FI.

Does anyone else trade on other platforms other than this?

• I was thinking about this type of question earlier... Does anyone else invest in other platforms and if so... what do they think of this??????

0_1542813049028_product-a.png

Now i'm not going to go in to too much detail (because that will give it away) but would you invest in this (unknown) product on the basis of the stats provided???

Is this a good time to invest? do you see opportunity? Or should I wait and instead plough it all into Callum Hudson-Odoi???

• @dannypea My advice - don't invest in cryptocurrency! There is basically no underlying value. It would be like investing in FI if there were no dividends.

• @Willie-Mink you could have told me that a year ago!!!! ;-)

so under no circumstances would you invest in cryptos right now....? Anyone else??? Falling markets yesterday i know a lot of people who make money on volatility but I don't always have the desire!!!

I must admit I do have a few shares dotted around in this and that (inc cryptos) but find the markets a bit boring and trying to figure out when Wilko's next quarterly statement is announced is much less entertaining to me than jumping on a French Ivorian footballer after knocking one in off his shin against Amiens!!!

• blockchain tech is great, not so confident in the long-term prospects of crypto currency practically.

• @dannypea I'm well researched and invested on cryptocurrency. Where fiat currency has failed, crypto currency has a purpose. Millions of $ has gone into block-chain technology and this technology is making the world a better place which does imo give it underlying value. It is akin to investing in a start up tech company. High risk high reward. Countries like Venezuela for example where their fiat currency has failed are a perfect case study for bitcoin. I believe there will be a few crypto projects that will come very good. Right now I think it is good time to have btc and xrp on your watchlist as the price has fallen so hard. Xrp already linked with many banks for rapid virtually free transactions. It's possible prices will go down further and I'd be comfortable averaging down with the anticipation it comes back strong again. It is also possible it could disappear to little or nothing but I think btc and xrp and some other projects have already achieved too much for that to happen.

I liken it to when I first joined FI, James Rodriguez was well out of favour and his price dropped to £1.50, FI people were saying he was done, wouldn't go near him etc, but I believed in his historical quality and took a chance, bought in hard and he became one of my best risers as he found a place in a team and became a dividend machine. It could have been possible that he got no game time or there was no such thing as pb / pb in its current form created and he could have disappeared somewhere into the squad page 3 or 4. There was some underlying value at the time in his potential but pure speculation on by behalf about fi as a product and Jrod as player potential. Not the best analogy but trying to use FI spiel to help FI people understand crypto a little.

• Mr Matt, where did you purchase XRP out of interest?

It seems to be a hard one to get hold of.

• @NewUser90649 I got mine from binance. For any cryto currency you can go to coinmarketcap.com, select the currency and find the markets tab and it lists all the exchanges that it's listed on highest liquidity to lowest. XRP is the listed on 260 exchanges. There may be a short term bounce but based on historical data, with Xmas and chinese new year, a lot of money comes out of the market so I'd wait and see a bit before investing in. As we know from FI, timing is key!

• Thanks Matt.

Did you buy bitcoin and in turn buy XRP through binance?

• I hold XRP but brought it pretty much at it's highest value so have pretty much left it to rot on the hope it does one day a) finally turn into a positive investment or b) just rots away and out of my life forever!!!

I wouldn't invest in BTC because I believe i'm around 4 years too late although rather than James Rodriguez I would liken them to Zlatan who's price has fallen to an all time low but is now back on the rise after a potential move to Milan... In fact Zlatan would probably say he's the Bitcoin of the stock market!!!

With cryptos and in particular blockchain i do see growth and I do see a global need for them (the example 1 yr graph above is of XML which I also own some of) but I wonder if that will be anytime soon so am thinking 'smart investors' should for now avoid!!!

I've not seen enough resilience over the last years falling prices to suggest this weeks drops will make any difference... They seem to drop 10% rise 5% drop 10% rise 5% drop 10% and so on... I would avoid for now but I would be interested to hear if anyone thinks otherwise??

• @NewUser90649 yes mate you can buy ethereum or btc and turn it into xrp. Although there was news back in the summer of binance allowing £ sterling directly coming soon. Not sure if that's happened yet.

• @dannypea said in Cross pollinate your investments:

I was thinking about this type of question earlier... Does anyone else invest in other platforms and if so... what do they think of this??????

0_1542813049028_product-a.png

Now i'm not going to go in to too much detail (because that will give it away) but would you invest in this (unknown) product on the basis of the stats provided???

Is this a good time to invest? do you see opportunity? Or should I wait and instead plough it all into Callum Hudson-Odoi???

I invested £1k in 7 different crypto coins this year before finding FI. I got bored of it but I've bought them as they're the future. The fiat currencies will crash permanently and will be replaced with crypto. This is why traders are continually pushing cashless payments. I've bought crypto so that I can buy food/drink/pay the bills in the future!

• @dannypea yeah I wouldnt' buy in on this drop. It's on my watch list to see what happens come new year when people show a new sentiments of optimism again. Things to watch out for are America's economy collapsing as the country is broke and their gdp is not covering the loans now so experts predict a serious event could occur, or ETFs entering the crypto space. When one or both of these events happen I'm back in the space again on a serious level.

• ETF engagement is round the corner. As long as they can get the regulatory classification a sorted i see a pick up in the new year. I still prefer FX trading though but then i'm old school.

• @Ellisandro respect to you man. I haven't got the balls for that just now. Would love to have a master teach me one day. I'm learning spread betting at the moment though and I can see that if done correctly a nice income also