Selling players minutes before team news announced...

• I just wondered if anyone knows why some would sell a player a few minutes before the team news is announced. For example, saw one person dumping Vardy minutes before the official release at 2pm that he would be a sub. Do some have insider trading knowledge?

• Yep, from someone at the ground. Now before you jump on board, you have to ask yourself, is it a criminal offence knowing this?

• Yes I think it is a criminal offence using this knowledge for betting and FI should investigate any wrongdoing. It disadvantages other traders and can be used for financial gain.

• It might be a job for the FSA rather than FI

• There’s always leaked team news though, people can go off that.

• @TeamGB said in Selling players minutes before team news announced...:

Yes I think it is a criminal offence using this knowledge for betting and FI should investigate any wrongdoing. It disadvantages other traders and can be used for financial gain.

No. Being at a ground is getting info first hand and quickest. Paying Claude Puel a tenner so he can get his teamsheet to you is something that should be investigated.

You too could go to any stadium and watch a game and get the news live. It's not exclusive.

• Pretty common for teamsheets to be posted on forums before official release.

Got ask yourself if FI is really for you if you're selling off players just because they're on the bench for a game.

Vardy is their main man up front and nothing has changed.

• Especially when he scores egg on face I'd be steaming

• Vardy on the bench was widespread knowledge by about 1.45pm so not surprised to hear people dumping pre 2pm.

Didn't work out though...came of the bench to score lol

• Well I’ve got 450 shares in Vardy and plan to keep them as Leicester have a very easy run coming up. I expect at least a few from him before Xmas.