PB scoring system

• Hi,

Is there a link anywhere to the PB scoring system? How points are awarded etc

Thanks
    Rob

• @Rob in the academy section mate.

• @Lukeroro it's funny because if you have 4 shots on target that end up being corners it's same points as a goal, yet 4 assists would also only generate same points, it is what it is, but it's pretty pathetic imo.

• @Andy-M there's plenty of issues. If a keeper concedes a penalty, gets booked and then saves the penalty there is two outcomes: 1, they now have a yellow card. 2, they are 10 points up.

But, I'm not complaining. It's a clear system, god knows Opta have been successful using is and god knows FI needs to be more clear in general!

• @Lukeroro but 10 points for an assist is ridiculous mate, jesus a match can't get a goal without that magical assist, in fact all the work is done in the assist itself, pretty annoying to own the player that gets 10 points for some absolute magic, and your typical poacher pokes in from 2 yards and gets 80points for gwg 🤣🤣

• @Andy-M said in PB scoring system:

@Lukeroro but 10 points for an assist is ridiculous mate, jesus a match can't get a goal without that magical assist, in fact all the work is done in the assist itself, pretty annoying to own the player that gets 10 points for some absolute magic, and your typical poacher pokes in from 2 yards and gets 80points for gwg 🤣🤣

You could reverse that for an assist, a 2 yard pass into the path of a player about to .shoot just as stupid.

• @Tom77 but still 10 points v 40/80 points 🤮

• The hardest part of football is getting the ball into the other goal. (Believe me, I support Fulham.)

Goals win games. That's why the goals mean so much. That's why the highest price ever paid for a defender was Van Dijk at 76 mill in todays over hyper inflated market and Ronaldo as a goal scored smashed that years ago. I think that's what Kaka cost.

It's why Harry Kane is a hero and Harry Maguie is the one we know as slabhead.

So yeah, being a touch poetic and shit, that's why goals are worth more.

• Closest I could find to an appropriate thread.

Ghiglione was on 160 after the game had finished. Hes now on 155. Unless villa concede it's unlikely to matter but stuff like this happens all the time

Do we know why or not?

• @MickTurbo happens quite often - most likely to be some manual correction over some close calls on ‘successful’ passes/crosses etc.

I’d assume any of the closer calls on these stats get flagged for some more in depth reviewing which can run into after the game has finished.

• @Chris-J yeh maybe. Suppose not every completed pass/accurate cross or whatever is black and white

• Gilbert top defender. Seems strange considering his rating on Sofascore was 6.4 (poor) up until the 90th minute. Now 6.6 (still not good). Not convinced the scoring for defenders is as accurate as it could be in the sense that it represents a good/bad performance?

• @Chris-J yes, even assists can be taken away after the final whistle. Can be a nice surprise to see your players bump up later the evening when more points are allocated. Happens the other way sometimes though. 🤦‍♂️

• @Metropolis

I didn't actually watch the villa game but yeh there is room for a poor performance to produce a decent PB score.

I cant be bothered going onto the academy page to look at the matrix but a defender might win loads of headers, scoring points, but head it straight to an opposing striker.

This is just the first example that comes to mind but I definitely think PB scores and actual quality of performance will not necessarily correlate.

Heres another example. On a day like today with only 3 games, a defender could get a GWG because the ball bounces off his arse on the way in, get ran absolutely ragged for 90 minutes and score 131 for the GWG and the clean sheet in a 1-0 win, and still score 190 if hes played 60 square balls

• @MickTurbo True, but it feels like Defenders are more out of sync than Mids and Fwds to me? Kroos can easily rack up points with key passes, long passes, crosses, tackles. The complete player in many ways. Very rarely beaten by a gwg unless its another mid with a good base.

Gilbert's score tonight is all PB base but difficult to see what he did well. As you say, probably something random like winning headers? I'd like to see tackles rewarded more and possibly clearances. Introduce 'last man tackles' or similar? Just to make sure the base is reflective of the players contribution.

• @Metropolis you've forced me onto the academy page because I suspected last man tackles were rewarded and they are, to the tune of 20 points.

Other than that I completely agree

• @MickTurbo well, shows how well I know the matrix. 🤦‍♂️ Time for bed I think....

Still puzzled over Gilbert though..

• @Metropolis it would take some doing to memorize it all mate and who can be arsed with that. It was just something that stuck in my head.

I wouldnt know for example, how many points a blocked shot is worth without checking

• @MickTurbo Blocked shot = 5 points, or 20 for a GK. Returning the favour.