Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?

• One of my worst performing holds is a player that i brought off the back of G&A thinking 'if this goes well i could earn some tasty dividends over the next few weeks'... well it didn't go well!!!

Griezy has scored 3 goals in 14 La Liga matches this season (5 assists) but for me... That is not good enough for a player who's touting himself as a better shout than Modric (or Messi for that matter) as he came third in the Ballon d'Or.

With him all but committing to Atletico (although I still hold hope he might move on before long) realistically there is no growth value or media buzz from a potential sale... only form can save him from dropping from a year high of £6.23 to his current price (still falling) at £5.25... But do you think he's a hold worth keeping??? Perhaps now (or during the Spanish break) is a good time to buy??

What you reckon??? Overpriced and out of form or a player that should he kick on (and its only a matter of time) he should be priced up there amongst the best in the world??

• @dannypea

I bought some more last week on the chance he might both improve his form & get some transfer spec - but I agree he's a frustrating hold.

Any share split will also make him look cheap (ish) against other established big named players so I wouldn't sell before the Summer personally.

• yeah good point on the share split... going down to £2.50 for example all of a sudden he could look like a bargain and we know he's more than capable of a hat-trick here or there or a good run of form!!!

I just wonder 'IF' Atletico will be his last and only 'big club' or will he move on whilst still at his peak (ie before the big 30)???

• He had a similar slow start last season (just checked - 3 goals in his first 10 games).

I am certain he will kick on at some point and is also likely to be in the latter stages of the Champions league.

His new contract has a buyout clause of 200mil euros (high but not out of the reach of top clubs in the current crazy market). Atletico often sell their star strikers whilst they are at peak value (see Torres, Aguero, Costa, Falcao) so i'd imagine they will cash in at some point even if they do not get the full buyout clause.

I hold a small number of shares and will be holding for these reasons.

• His successes last season were (to a large part) due to their run in winning the Europa league, hes unlikely to win a lot of PB as Athletico win games by the odd goal, I think he will be a static hold for a little while - There is a lot of competition in the champions league this year so no one is guaranteed a decent run.

for me personally i think theres better value to be had in that price range. Even someone like Kroos or Altcantara will probs pick up more PB and James if he starts playing more

I have started taking punts on a few unknowns like Rodrygo and Palacios in the hope that they turn out to be amazing when they move over here - (call me insane) I have actually just sold Mbappe to do so!

• I don't actually know if he's playing badly or not (i'm one of the few who doesn't have an annual online pass to Eleven Sports) but according to whoscored he's averaging over 7.02 a game and I've always said having a team full of players at 6's and 7's is one you can certainly rely on so despite his lack of goals he's still doing 'ok'?

As you mentioned he started last season slowly and think he got 4 in a game after Xmas which kick started him towards the business end.. I think as a footballer he offers more than just goals (which he proved in the World Cup) but worry if he'll get enough attention from investors if he's not scoring goals??

• @Wilba you're insane!!!!!!!!!!!

But on Kroos & Alcantra i agree... I even considered flipping Griezzy for Isco today as he'll captain Madrid this afternoon but is obviously attracting attention elsewhere... I certainly see his value going up 'quicker' for example than Griezmann's will over the course of the next month or so should he continue amidst the speculation?

• never seen it, most over hyped player on the planet.

• @Tom77 He is very over hyped - but hype > ability (usually) when it comes to Index values.

• @Chris-J said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

@Tom77 He is very over hyped - but hype > ability (usually) when it comes to Index values.

Yeah I know that but a lot of his price was his non eventually transfer to Barca and a few europa league pb wins, if your looking to the future I dont see him as value at all. There are so many players with more MB and PB potential then him.

• @dannypea said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

@Wilba you're insane!!!!!!!!!!!

But on Kroos & Alcantra i agree... I even considered flipping Griezzy for Isco today as he'll captain Madrid this afternoon but is obviously attracting attention elsewhere... I certainly see his value going up 'quicker' for example than Griezmann's will over the course of the next month or so should he continue amidst the speculation?

yeah I had hit a pretty decent profit on Mbappe and the way the market is I feel I can make more money elsewhere with that capital.

Ill end up re buying closer to the share split Im sure but for the next few months I wanted to have a play around with some of the money and realise some of the profit that was in him. I tentatively put him on the market and my futures were gone within 30 seconds so I was obviously the only person trying to sell!

• Don't plan to sell any £5+ players pre-share split - they are all bound to rise!

• @NewUser162554 definitely agree here i would not be selling anyone over £5 either and would be topping up instead. I've been topping up neymar and pulisic as much as i can!

• @Tom77 said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

never seen it, most over hyped player on the planet.

Over hyped ...

2018 world cup winner
    2017/18 Europa league winner
    Euro 2016 top scorer and player of tournament
    Euro 2016 runner up
    Champions league 2015/16 runner up
    2018/19 UEFA super cup winner
    Ballon d'or 2018 - 3rd place

I take it your eyes must be painted on??

• @NewUser158302 issue is he's now approaching 'below' £5!!!! ;-)

• @dannypea If theres a 1/4 split coming up then a £5 player will be £1.25 and if that is not appealing then a don't know what is. Think all of them will rise significantly after the split it's just holding out until it happens.

• @NewUser158302 I agree... But on the other hand a quick sell now (as Griezzy is falling) to invest in someone else at a similar price would get me the same rate???

To agree with johnboy I would argue against Tom in saying he's over hyped... I truly think he's a top 20 player in the world and his goalscoring stats over the last five years in La Liga have only been bettered by guess who (Ronaldo & Messi)... I love watching him very intelligent footballer and thought he was exceptional in the World Cup playing a very different role to the one he did in the Euros. He might not catch the eye as one that races past player after player but he does a lot of those things that go un-noticed as a striker or second striker that remind me a bit of the old Nigel Clough, Teddy Sheringham, Peter Beardsley type player back in the days when football was tight shorts and crap hair!!! Nothing's changed hey?

• @johnboywalker said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

@Tom77 said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

Over hyped ...

2018 world cup winner
    Euro 2016 runner up

You’d better buy another 1000 then.

• @Tom77 said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

@johnboywalker said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

Over hyped ...

2018 world cup winner
    Euro 2016 runner up

I don't hold any pal, but when you make ridiculous comments which have no basis in reality, I felt compelled to awaken from my forum slumber and inform you that you are speaking shite.

For the record, it has always been my intention to purchase futures in Griezmann after January, when the European knockout games start. Atletico will go far in European competition, and Griezmann will be at the heart of it, in much smaller PB eligible days.

• @johnboywalker said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

@johnboywalker said in Griezmann - Stick or Twist...?:

Over hyped ...

2018 world cup winner
    Euro 2016 runner up

I don't hold any pal, but when you make ridiculous comments which have no basis in reality, I felt compelled to awaken from my forum slumber and inform you that you are speaking shite.

For the record, it has always been my intention to purchase futures in Griezmann after January, when the European knockout games start. Atletico will go far in European competition, and Griezmann will be at the heart of it, in much smaller PB eligible days.

It's a game of opinions, I said he was overrated not Shane long.
    He's won a lot with France, so has Giroud.....
    Plenty of players have come nowhere near the ballon dor and have had more talent than griezmann. Just how did Modric become better than messi and Ronaldo.....