Just me?!?

• I bought in about 10 days ago, and 2/3 of my value in high-value players - which has gone up nicely.

The other 1/3 is young, risky, low-value players and these are breaking even (some nice gains tempered by some losses).

So definitely from my very inexperienced point of view at the beginning of my FI journey, the high value players seem to be the investments to make at the moment. But generally my portfolio is nicely green.

• @ScouseSte I don't have Neymar either, but i still think the money is with mid range players rather than low priced players right now, I'm also aware this swings in other directions often.

• Been flying all week 4% up in 7 days. This has probably been the most profitable week ive had on here.

• @TeamGB they dont even have to be new. Obviously we know why everyone wants neymar but the top few isnt the be all and end all of fi. Can only go by my experience after the last split and before the raised dividend ie pb. The top 5 were not the only players to benefit. Ive said it many times that everyone laughed at anyone holding the worthless dead money ramos at 80p. Look at him now. The last time it split there was one dividend you could win. 5p mb. If that was the case today then yeah the top 5 is all you would buy if you want mb. Today for me im not interested in buying up just those 5 at big prices. You will need 3 or 4 neymars to get the same 5p mb. BUT, this time we have pb and g@a. Lewandowski in theory could be 80p for g@a. Alot of players who are capable pb could be 80p. Pb changed fi for the whole index when divs needed raising. Think outside the box and fi really cant be wanting it lopsided into just 5 players. The future div raise will not be all about benefiting neymar once again but the ones who everyone stopped giving a shit about, just like last time around

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 Patience is the best way. Alot of the players I sold have all grown in value since.

• @Robert-W im down alot last week, i dont hold that many epl players, but the drops seem to be always around midnight for most part

• @Robert-W wow really? I thought the index was flying? I'm up almost £700 in 7 days?! Not wanting to rub it in or anything, I noticed the top players tended to be a safe hold and would always seem to rise so switched my strategy to concentrate on them and I guess its worked especially with the share split coming up everyone is lumping on them

• I wasn't doing too bad but this last day or two I feel like every 10 minutes my portfolio has lost value! Ive deposited a bit more and bought so people priced £2-3.50 who I think are good value and they are dropping too!

I think everyone is throwing it on the big boys but that can't happen forever, if everyone did that there might as well only be 5 or 6 players on the index haha.

It's depressing to log on and see another of my holds has dropped in values and most greens are turning red but hopefully it is just the Xmas period

• Im up 3% in the last 7 days, its been a constant growth for the last month bar a couple of down days.

• The index is very cyclical, everyone lumping on the big boys now due to the pyscholgical aspect of post share split value. However there will be a point when it sinks in that the cheaper players have exactly the same split and they will seem great value and the new money will flood back into those players. Stick with your holds and stay patient, their time will come.

• @Martino said in Just me?!?:

The index is very cyclical, everyone lumping on the big boys now due to the pyscholgical aspect of post share split value. However there will be a point when it sinks in that the cheaper players have exactly the same split and they will seem great value and the new money will flood back into those players. Stick with your holds and stay patient, their time will come.

Nail on head....

• @NewUser197355 I'm similar. I have a steady portfolio but that is because I hold Mbappe, Sarr and Pogba, no other reason, otherwise I would be down too. I think we have to wait until it is our players' turn to rise. Probably February or March maybe.

• @9stevo said in Just me?!?:

@Robert-W wow really? I thought the index was flying? I'm up almost £700 in 7 days?! Not wanting to rub it in or anything, I noticed the top players tended to be a safe hold and would always seem to rise so switched my strategy to concentrate on them and I guess its worked especially with the share split coming up everyone is lumping on them

If you held the top players chances are your portfolio is flying.

If you held any player who isn't Neymar, Salah or Mbappe, chances are your portfolio isn't flying lol

You either had to buckle to the hype/trend and jump on the top 3 train, mass IS your portfolio at a loss or just watch massive losses anyway lol.