Fi payouts

• Have fi filled the platform with over priced players that not many users hold, to dilute their payouts?

• Maybe but I doubt it.

These players are in the whole unlikely to win dividends. They make their money from commission - they want people to be buying and selling. If a player who wins a dividend is widely owned they make stacks of money as people are buying and selling and all sorts - especially if the PB leader board is changing constantly. This is the main reason for the GWG rule probably (causes quick flips in the PB leader board which stimulates trading).

They have just miscalculated - they promised they would keep prices high to protect portfolios. Looking at the big rises from previous days, they failed to achieve that so have bumped up the prices I think. They need to find a middle ground where players are buyable but not bargains.

• That would only make sense if buying a player who's just bagged a GWG paid you out but the 24hr rule surely negates that doesn't it Mike?

I think they have to pay out over 10k every time Messi hits the jackpot. Even if they've got 500k invested in him there's only so many times you'll be wanting to pay that out.

He's at such a high price i don't think many will buy into him now and whilst he's winning not many will sell so suspect there's not much commission coming from him but i could be very wrong.

• @Agatello said in Fi payouts:

That would only make sense if buying a player who's just bagged a GWG paid you out but the 24hr rule surely negates that doesn't it Mike?

I think they have to pay out over 10k every time Messi hits the jackpot. Even if they've got 500k invested in him there's only so many times you'll be wanting to pay that out.

He's at such a high price i don't think many will buy into him now and whilst he's winning not many will sell so suspect there's not much commission coming from him but i could be very wrong.

You'd think that but pretty much every player who wins the PB sees a price hike. For some reason people buy on good PB scores whereas in reality if a player is good and you have confidence in him then its better to buy on a low score due to the price drop. Football Index have said they want later deadlines and I'd be surprised if eventually they didn't have in-game buys winning PBs - they'd be crazy not to as trading would go through the roof. I'm sure it would more than cover the dividend payouts.

You are right that they wont want Messi to win every time - they will want it to be split but for people to actually own the winners and be trading for players likely to win (fantasy football style).

If I was them, I would consider ditching IS and Market Sales. Allow users to sell the share back to FI but increase commission to 3%. You would see a lot more trading - the spread on IS is far more 'visible' than the commission they take which you only see if you check your transactions.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.