Reclaiming Christmas

• In an effort to enjoy a family Christmas, I’m on a 36 hour self imposed FI exile.

Merry Xmas everyone see you just before kickoff Boxing Day!

(Don’t anyone start a massive sell run on any of my players)

• 36 hour? That is more impressive than fasting. I admire your willpower

• @Valhalla just took advantage of a lull, to check

• 😄 cracked so soon...

• I’d love to know how the people from the forum spend their Christmas given that apart from here we know nothing about each other.. here’s my guesses

@Andy-M is being waited on hand and foot in his Swedish mansion whilst sipping an expensive brandy bought with his profits from rashford and martial

@ScouseSte has realised that ever since he stopped monitoring the footie it has flown every day 😂

@Rob is pretending to enjoy Christmas but really he’s counting down the seconds until he can lump on his next G&A prospect

@Ringers is pretending to stay off FI but he’s secretly checked his portfolio every 2 minutes just like the rest of us

@Ericali is wondering who to wind up next, your guess is as good as mine

@HappyLarry59855 asked Santa for a dividend increase, don’t think he’s delivered on that one

@dannypea is most likely adding to his luis advincula shrine, Santa’s brought him a boot advincula wore when setting the land speed record (33p, bargain btw)

@Lukeroro put on his Christmas wish list that Fulham would learn to keep a clean sheet.. let’s see how tomorrow goes.

Merry Christmas fellas! Have a good one

• @Wilba not quite every 2 mins, but close

• @Wilba Andy M is actually spending xmas in London with the wife's brother and family, and in the back of my mind panicking what will happen in Sweden on 1st January 😖

• @Andy-M said in Reclaiming Christmas:

@Wilba Andy M is actually spending xmas in London with the wife's brother and family, and in the back of my mind panicking what will happen in Sweden on 1st January 😖

I’d be amazed if FI aren’t on top of any legalisation change. They are a pretty thorough brand and on the recent podcast they mentioned they have a lawyer working for them in America to look into launching there. If they are going to those lengths they will surely be on top of the Sweden saga.

• @Wilba said in Reclaiming Christmas:

@Andy-M said in Reclaiming Christmas:

@Wilba Andy M is actually spending xmas in London with the wife's brother and family, and in the back of my mind panicking what will happen in Sweden on 1st January 😖

I’d be amazed if FI aren’t on top of any legalisation change. They are a pretty thorough brand and on the recent podcast they mentioned they have a lawyer working for them in America to look into launching there. If they are going to those lengths they will surely be on top of the Sweden saga.

Well that was my initial thoughts too.. but then the Swedish guy, forgot his user name, said he'd contacted the authorities here in Sweden and nobody from FI has even applied.. oh well not a lot i can do right now.

• @Wilba I've been really good, Santa is gonna bring me a clean sheet. Even got a couple of shares in Sergio Rico for in play divs.

Wander what you were doing on Christmas Day that lead you to write that enjoyable post..!

I’d love to know how the people from the forum spend their Christmas given that apart from here we know nothing about each other.. here’s my guesses

@Andy-M is being waited on hand and foot in his Swedish mansion whilst sipping an expensive brandy bought with his profits from rashford and martial

@ScouseSte has realised that ever since he stopped monitoring the footie it has flown every day 😂

@Rob is pretending to enjoy Christmas but really he’s counting down the seconds until he can lump on his next G&A prospect

@Ringers is pretending to stay off FI but he’s secretly checked his portfolio every 2 minutes just like the rest of us

@Ericali is wondering who to wind up next, your guess is as good as mine

@HappyLarry59855 asked Santa for a dividend increase, don’t think he’s delivered on that one

@dannypea is most likely adding to his luis advincula shrine, Santa’s brought him a boot advincula wore when setting the land speed record (33p, bargain btw)

@Lukeroro put on his Christmas wish list that Fulham would learn to keep a clean sheet.. let’s see how tomorrow goes.

Merry Christmas fellas! Have a good one

Haha all the best Wilba !

So, you're saying I was a JINX? 😂😂

• @ScouseSte it’s a welcome coincidence! I was expecting a pretty slow December but it’s been much more positive than that. I shat away a load of money at the start of the month with some terrible trades but as of now I’m at my record high profit so can’t complain 👍🏼

@ScouseSte it’s a welcome coincidence! I was expecting a pretty slow December but it’s been much more positive than that. I shat away a load of money at the start of the month with some terrible trades but as of now I’m at my record high profit so can’t complain 👍🏼

Ditto, last 2 weeks have been incredible, we need to be realistic though and expect some negative trends from time to time.

@ScouseSte it’s a welcome coincidence! I was expecting a pretty slow December but it’s been much more positive than that. I shat away a load of money at the start of the month with some terrible trades but as of now I’m at my record high profit so can’t complain 👍🏼

I've kinda plateaued ... I bought into Pogba and Lingard who've done great but it appears people sold the likes of Haller, Hazard, Sterling etc (who I also own) to get on them.

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away 🙄

• @ScouseSte a massive thing for me is patience, most (if not all) of the players I have sold have risen in value since I have sold them.. al related to the growth of the platform but I like to actually realise a bit of profit from time to time and cash in quite regularly. Unfortunately my pockets aren’t deep enough to get on all the players I want so I find myself getting impatient and often trading too much

• @ScouseSte said in Reclaiming Christmas:

@Wilba said in Reclaiming Christmas:

I've kinda plateaued ... I bought into Pogba and Lingard who've done great but it appears people sold the likes of Haller, Hazard, Sterling etc (who I also own) to get on them.

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away 🙄

I'm thinking most of the sterling falls were people putting on the market, if he starts tomorrow then they'll cancel sale.. I HOPE.

@ScouseSte a massive thing for me is patience, most (if not all) of the players I have sold have risen in value since I have sold them.. al related to the growth of the platform but I like to actually realise a bit of profit from time to time and cash in quite regularly. Unfortunately my pockets aren’t deep enough to get on all the players I want so I find myself getting impatient and often trading too much

My story exactly 💪🏻

@ScouseSte a massive thing for me is patience, most (if not all) of the players I have sold have risen in value since I have sold them.. al related to the growth of the platform but I like to actually realise a bit of profit from time to time and cash in quite regularly. Unfortunately my pockets aren’t deep enough to get on all the players I want so I find myself getting impatient and often trading too much

To be honest, I have gradually found my level in terms of patience and I know I need that little bit of thrill to accompany it....so I've divided my portfolio into 2 halves - six or seven long term holds that I DO NOT TOUCH (which have all gone up significantly already since Sept/Oct 😱👏🏻) and five or six G&A chasers that are expendable whenever.

In the last couple of weeks I have sold the likes of Lo Celso, Haller, Bernardo Silva, Aspas and made a small loss but because my long term holds are solid, I'm slightly up. And I now have 5 more players with 30 days of potential IP Divs as well as the standard PB and MB (Pogba and Lingard have already got me off to a flyer).

That's just my strategy, it may not work for everyone. But being a self confessed FI addict, logging in constantly to the forum and patiently watching a long term portfolio creep up ever so slowly just isn't possible! Need that little buzz from a an early buy that bangs in a couple and rockets (Lingard last week, for example, although he is now promoted to potential long term hold after his significant rise and prospects under Solskeeeeeaaarrr - I can't spell it!)

• @ScouseSte it's easier to spell than u think ... solsk jaer .. broke into 2 words because it's only the last 4 that make ppl think it's difficult 😁💪🏻

• @Lukeroro did Santa bring you that "history of the football world transfer record - for dummies" book? 🤔

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.