Worst hold in your Portfolio?

• Who is it & why?

Mine is Demarai Grey.

Dropped 16p a share & still looks overpriced!

Every time I watch him he's running down blind alleys and never looks like scoring, the boy would struggle to control a bag of cement.

He's fast, but has the composure of a teenage virgin. I must have been heavily involved on the Jack Daniels the day I invested there...

• Ondrej Duda I’m down quite a lot, if i had spared cash i would top up, I’m sure he will go back up after a couple of goals for Hertha.

• To be fair he has a few goals already this season seen as he's not a striker.

Why the drop? 🤔

I'd sit tight, same boat as me really. Your guy is only 24, mine is 22. At some point in the next season or two they have to hit a brace & offer an escape route

• @Ericali Too many to mention, but won't be selling anyone before share split. As far as I'm concerned it's buy as much as I can until it happens.

• I’m a lot down on bartra, every time I get a few quid I just buy more though to bring the average price down. Confident he’s only a few decent PB scores away from a rise so I’m holding

• Lacazette for me! Luckily just a handful of futures... I bought Aubameyang beforehand - who had a slow start to the season and nosedived. Jumped off him and got on Lacca who was playing really well. Now it's Aubameyang who's tearing it up and I'm stubbornly leaving my Laccas in the red.

• @Weedster oh, I'm not worried. 👍

My biggest loss on my portfolio is actually 30p a share (Rebic) but I've no doubt he will bounce back. The reasons why I purchased him are still valid.

It's just the Grey purchase I purplexed with! 😁

• @Mike_17 puzzles me that one.

Played really well together earlier in the season, then for some reason he's out of the side for iwobi 🤔

• @Ericali said in Worst hold in your Portfolio?:

To be fair he has a few goals already this season seen as he's not a striker.

Why the drop? 🤔

I'd sit tight, same boat as me really. Your guy is only 24, mine is 22. At some point in the next season or two they have to hit a brace & offer an escape route

He got dropped as the coach tried a different formation and also they gave him a rest becuase he had injury problems a year ago and they dont want to hurt him, pretty sensible.
    He is a really good up and coming number 10 i just dont see his price not getting to a decent level that’s why I have kept faith. Obviously the German winter break is taking its toll too.

• @Wilba I'd cut my losses on this guy.

Seems to have found his level. He's 27 and was shipped out by Barcelona & Dortmund.

He's Spanish and a central defender and at £2.53 a share still looks pricey.

• Mine is Lukaku but he will recover later in the season

• @Weedster said in Worst hold in your Portfolio?:

@Ericali Too many to mention, but won't be selling anyone before share split. As far as I'm concerned it's buy as much as I can until it happens.

I've been selling for fun lately... Way I see it, Bernardo Silva for example, wasn't cutting it at £4 a share or whatever so just because he will go to around £1 a share after the 4 way split doesn't make him more attractive an investment when the likes of Jovic, Eriksen, Lingard etc will all be roughly the same price.

Bad investments on FI are bad investments. Trim the fat and reinvest into the good performers now is my tactic (Salah my majority hold who will inevitably rise before and after the split)

• @Ericali said in Worst hold in your Portfolio?:

@Wilba I'd cut my losses on this guy.

Seems to have found his level. He's 27 and was shipped out by Barcelona & Dortmund.

He's Spanish and a central defender and at £2.53 a share still looks pricey.

Betis are a decent PB team and pass the ball a lot, especially in their defence. I didn’t buy him in the hope that he would become a better player or move to a better club it was purely for dividends, which he has returned a fair few this season alone. I’ll hold until the latter stages of the europa league and see how they get on. He was up at 3.40 odd a month or so ago so I think he’s worth the gamble

• Suso for me. He's dropped a quid a future in about a month.

• About 6% of my portfolio is in JRod, I’m down 1.32 down a future.
    He is undoubtedly quality, and if playing a good PB performer.
    The fall out at Bayern has caused a major drop. (Which if it had happened in the Uk, would have been great for media)
    He had all the promise of big rises, but failed.

His loan at BM lasts until the summer, I just holding on the hope they release him and he either goes back to Spain and plays or gets reloaned somewhere.

Ive had my finger over the sell button a few times.

• Very small amount of players in my portfolio now, and it's working wonders, don't have anyone even close to red 💪🏻

• Willian! Can’t work out why but down 45p per future at the moment. Surely a bargain price with Chelsea still in all competitions and a regular starter. Potentially going to be surrounded by transfer speculation again too.

• @Wilba fair enough 👍

• @Ringers said in Worst hold in your Portfolio?:

About 6% of my portfolio is in JRod, I’m down 1.32 down a future.
    He is undoubtedly quality, and if playing a good PB performer.
    The fall out at Bayern has caused a major drop. (Which if it had happened in the Uk, would have been great for media)
    He had all the promise of big rises, but failed.

His loan at BM lasts until the summer, I just holding on the hope they release him and he either goes back to Spain and plays or gets reloaned somewhere.

Ive had my finger over the sell button a few times.

I hold J Rod but got in at £5 a week or so ago, surely he will be linked with a move away in jan? United is the dream as he would shoot up a couple of quid. He’s a perfect PB player so will come good

• @ScouseSte I did the same thing as soon as the share split was announced. My only red player is haller who is down 6p for me. I reinvested into martial,rash,pogba and kane. Prior,I sold a few (10) Barkley at 63p a loss. That hurt as I jumped on him because of all the hype surrounding him at the time and didn't go with my gut on him.