Memphis Depay

• Where can you guys envision Memphis in a years time?

I invested in him a month ago as although I dont rate him as the world class footballer he seems to think he is, I think there is a lot of MB potential should he get a move back to the premier league and he is a good player capable of match winning moments.

Whats causing me some confusion is the knob head now seems to think he is a music star and following his instagram seems to be recording a rap album......I'm torn as I want him to focus on his football , but what if his music takes off he could be huge for MB as would attract two different dempgraphics in the media and winning more MB than Pogba.

thoughts on a music and football combo?

• Would music headlines count towards MB though?

• I see articles of other players in related to football news count towards mb

• I would keep depay, last year when fekir got injured depay was really good for PB. There’s s chance fekir will leave in jan or the summer which offers a massive opportunity to depay to take a lead role in a good team from a poor league. All about the ROI and I think he’s a solid place to have some money

• I think he had a good spell in the europa league last year and did really well on pb.
    Lyon haven’t had that this year and as a team are not doing as well.
    There are better options out there for the money imo.
    However if you are on a loss he might well rise over the next year, its all about how much you want to trade imo.

• Damn, why can't we have PB tonight 🤦🏻‍♂️

Menphis 2 goals and 2 assists in 4-0 win... VVD with a goal too, could have been top Def, top Fwd and star player for moi..

0_1553204163563_Screenshot_20190321-223234_FotMob.jpg

• @Andy-M

Was thinking the same thing for the same reason.

Because they are bloody tight and a measly 28% is all we're getting.
    Less when you consider that a large fraction of that, is on the stipulation we flip every 30 days !

• @Andy-M

Had a good think about this div restructure last night.
    Spent a few hours in my x-rocker lulling it over and wondering to what extent I should type my summary.

Actually it's very positive mate.
    After consideration I realize there is a lot of room for capital appreciation before we reach stagnation, more so for certain groups of players.

I might be interested in some sort of collaboration where we arrive at a consensus of individual player values.

• @Andy-M

Actually we didn't get a dividend rise.

This is what we got from FI :

A share split at the highest fraction possible, whilst ensuring all dividends are above 1p.
    Their greatest problem would have been splitting into fractions of a penny.
    Though they had considered it, I'm glad they avoided it.

However had they split by 1/4, or my suggested 1/5, and had set dividends at 1p+........We would have actually had a tangible dividend rise.
    Obviously any perceived dividend decrease would have been quickly picked up and put them in a bad situation. Which is why they weren't too greedy and split 1/2 (pointless split fraction anyway).

So what we got is :
    The highest fraction possible 1/3, which following the setting of dividends at 1p, does not result in a perceived dividend decrease.

I still maintain that's
    (a) as tight as it could be (whilst still perceived by mugs as a good thing).
    (b) an essential decrease from 2016/17/18, based on rising player prices.

• @C-Arroyo so 95% of the traders here are mugs ?? 😉

• @Andy-M

95% of traders who have been trading in excess of 12 months and think a 28% rise is substantial - yes.

I suspect most who favor IPD's though and like the sound of 28% know no better. I can't hold that against any relatively new traders.

However the fact remains for those who've been here for 12 months or more....
    We know what FI can afford to pay.
    We know membership, trade and profits (as well as player prices) have risen far in excess of 28%.

In that sense FI is cashing in.
    If it were my company I would have made the same announcement. Exactly the same. 1/3 at 28%.
    However I would have done so expecting a higher level of criticism, from a greater number of investors.
    Particularly those investors who have previously seen dividends paid at a much higher proportion to future costs.

To be perfectly blunt.
    The growth in main part has been down to word of mouth.
    Investors telling friends, family and work colleagues.
    Every bit as vital as the increased marketing budget for FI.

So I think it's an own goal on their part, FI and longer term investors who are imo short sighted.
    Maintaining a 19.95% yield makes the product an investment for non-football supporting people, every human is the potential market.
    Lowering that to ISA levels makes us a niche market for individuals who like a bet on the footy, possibly confined to the UK.

• @C-Arroyo said in Memphis Depay:

@Andy-M

95% of traders who have been trading in excess of 12 months and think a 28% rise is substantial - yes.

I suspect most who favor IPD's though and like the sound of 28% know no better. I can't hold that against any relatively new traders.

However the fact remains for those who've been here for 12 months or more....
    We know what FI can afford to pay.
    We know membership, trade and profits (as well as player prices) have risen far in excess of 28%.

In that sense FI is cashing in.
    If it were my company I would have made the same announcement. Exactly the same. 1/3 at 28%.
    However I would have done so expecting a higher level of criticism, from a greater number of investors.
    Particularly those investors who have previously seen dividends paid at a much higher proportion to future costs.

To be perfectly blunt.
    The growth in main part has been down to word of mouth.
    Investors telling friends, family and work colleagues.
    Every bit as vital as the increased marketing budget for FI.

So I think it's an own goal on their part, FI and longer term investors who are imo short sighted.
    Maintaining a 19.95% yield makes the product an investment for non-football supporting people, every human is the potential market.
    Lowering that to ISA levels makes us a niche market for individuals who like a bet on the footy, possibly confined to the UK.

You hit the nail on the head saying you'd do the same, they're a company trying to make money, and I for one have no right to complain at 44% profit since August, and I'm perfectly aware that most of that is through new customers pushing the profits up.
    If I'm going to use Dividends as an example (G&A included) then I've had circa 10% in this period, my bank gives me very close to zero percent intrest if i have it in a savings account, so I'll happily be a mug and take the 28% raise from FI 😁

• Actually Andy I'm pretty certain that as a figure for the last six months 44% is fantastic.
    I'd suggest it's a higher figure than most over this past 6 months and certainly higher than the general yield figures used by FI.
    Well done to you.
    Please though, don't speak for everyone. I'm sure if there have been any losers over the past six months they'll understandably be a little more reserved in throwing their own figures into the hat.

• @Andy-M

Prior to August you could have literally thrown darts at the board and returned more than 44%.
    I wouldn't ask FI or expect FI to pay out at those comparative rates.
    I wouldn't expect FI not to try it on.
    I do think it is neglectful and lacking ambition - to bring a general yield (throwing darts at a board), and a potential market incorporating non-football fans as an investment alternative, down to ISA levels.
    If it is in any way affordable for FI, those general annual yield figures should be kept at 10% + always.
    That way we're here to stay, all of us, the product remains a solid investment for anyone, as opposed to "top tipsters" only :)

• @Andy-M

I'd suggest everyone just follow your lead, but then FI will go bust lol

• I'd say to FI :

Any general yield below 5% is an own goal and a one-nil loss.
    Possible relegation to anonymity.

5-10% is a boring nil-nil (stagnant aside from mugs and top tipsters trading at respective profits and losses).
    That's where I think we're currently at with this 1/3 and 28%

10-15% is a tight 1-0, it encourages trouble.

19.95% "was" a comfortable margin for victory and sustained success. It's what Pep would have bloody done.

• Memphis Depay 2018/19 • Back to His Best • Crazy Skills & Goals (HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ylaAmPYZc

• I have a small Depay hold... and rate him highly

with all this talk about people looking cheap after SS, @1.30 I actually think he will look expensive 😂 (in comparison to some of the more expensive and cheaper players)

• He wants a move away aswell.

• I bought 100 this morning. 2 years left on his contract. Fekir only has a year. They won't both stay so hopefully some MB plus Nations League finals too. I thought he would shoot up last night but didn't.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.