🚨 FIG interviews🚨 I did a written Q&A with EJ, who I believe has the largest portfolio on FI! Have a read :D

• 🚨 FIG interviews🚨

Although I wasn’t able to get him on the #FigCast, @EJ_Footy_Index- the man with the monster portfolio joined me for a kind of Q&A in written form! ✍️

You can read here 👉 https://footballindexguidepodcast.fireside.fm/articles/interviews-ej-believing-in-football-index

It’s titled: Believing in #FootballIndex 🙏

Enjoy! 👍

• @The-FIG nice read. The guy talks a lot of sense.

• A great read, and very similar to my humble beginnings - Joined in Jan 18 with a £750 investment, played around but lost the initial excitement and totally forgot about it.
    Forward onto September 18 and logged back in and found that my initial £750 investment was now worth £1250 and more importantly they had introduced PB. Now hooked onto the platform and have voiced similar feelings:-

• Share split followed by dividend increase -> share split by div increase...etc. This does need to continue if Top 10-50 goes above a certain threshold

• Still believe in a tiered PB system, esp. with the pool of players increasing daily. But tier it so 1st place is more rewarding than 2nd - 3:1 or 4:1 ratio

• And yes, drastic changes like G&A was a disaster in losing confidence in the platform

• Share split followed by dividend increase -> share split by div increase...etc. This does need to continue if Top 10-50 goes above a certain threshold

^^^^^^
    This....

The above is what needs to happen to continue the growth of the product 👍👍

• @The-FIG said in 🚨 FIG interviews🚨 I did a written Q&A with EJ, who I believe has the largest portfolio on FI! Have a read :D:

🚨 FIG interviews🚨

Although I wasn’t able to get him on the #FigCast, @EJ_Footy_Index- the man with the monster portfolio joined me for a kind of Q&A in written form! ✍️

You can read here 👉 https://footballindexguidepodcast.fireside.fm/articles/interviews-ej-believing-in-football-index

It’s titled: Believing in #FootballIndex 🙏

Enjoy! 👍

Great read

• @The-FIG Great stuff.

• Excellent read. Logical and well articulated points. A lot of interesting stuff in there.

• Basically he had the balls to put a load of money in and leave it alone.

• @The-FIG

Really interesting as always great work your efforts are most appreciated keep up the good work mate. Engage with IFA's fantastic point, f.i need to throw as much money as possible at maximizing this market.

• @Weedster Cheers mate!

• @Tom77 That's not easy to do......it's not really about the money though, but his ideas and thoughts.

• @M.s.b Thanks mate!

• @The-FIG said in 🚨 FIG interviews🚨 I did a written Q&A with EJ, who I believe has the largest portfolio on FI! Have a read :D:

@Tom77 That's not easy to do......it's not really about the money though, but his ideas and thoughts.

Yeah I know it isnt, I have withdrawn money due to being a bit panicked at certain stages.

His ideas going forward made sense, especially about concentrating on football and not deviating into other sports like golf when there is so much work left to do on this platform.

• This is not audio, it's a Q&A in text. Please read it guys. It's the best summary so far of FI, and what's right and wrong with it. Read his views on the S-S and G&A, it's hard to disagree.

• @Ollie said in [🚨 FIG interviews🚨 I did a written Q&A with EJ, who I believe has the largest portfolio on FI! Have a read Please read it guys. It's the best summary so far of FI, and what's right and wrong with it.

I'll second that...along with the consensus we seem to have established on this thread.
    It appears that EJ has been kind enough to articulate what we have all been trying so hard to say.

What now ?
    An official (and equally thorough) response ?
    Is there some way this can be truly carried forward and acted upon ?

Fig ?
    Is it at least possible to highlight this appraisal with FI ?
    Would it be possible for EJ to provide such an appraisal every six months ?

Personally I would echo every sentiment, every criticism, every suggestion...with more exclamations no doubt.
    More importantly it's quite possible given us a clear consensus as investors and should be considered by FI well ahead of rocket emoji's and "social" network polls.

Long term growth, stability, monopoly and expansion, those we all want for FI.
    We said FI - not golf !

• Good read this. Really like this concept i would happily put myself forward to do a Q&A like this

• Good stuff FIG.

Re the share split and dividends. Would agree that the sooner the better for the reasons given in the article although suspect FI will be reluctant to increase dividends just yet.

What I would say a that there a lot of people who want tweaks to the MB system and to the PB matrix. Changes are likely to disadvantage some players so it makes sense that if you are going to change them then coincide with a dividend rise. A dividend rise would see the market fly and make everyone happy so would pacify anyone unhappy with other changes.

So ... in the grand scheme of things maybe the best thing to do would be to hold off all changes to the end of the season . Share split, dividend rise, PB scoring tweaks and so on and do all at once. Unless you are planning to keep PB and MB scoring untouched. In which case do it all asap.

I think IFA is a bit optimistic though. Whilst all investments are gambles, FI specifically markets itself as a gambling site more inline with bet 365. I would be extremely wary of any IFA that advised putting your savings into a gambling website. Any new user should be playing with fun money and then scale up. It's a rising market but at it's not the same as buying a stock. You are making bets that rise or fall in value with the house taking their cut.

• Re other indexes. Like any business, they want to scale up. I don't see a problem with any other indexes providing it doesn't use up resources.

Maybe they could hire a completely different team for it.

• @mike778 said in 🚨 FIG interviews🚨 I did a written Q&A with EJ, who I believe has the largest portfolio on FI! Have a read :D:

I don't see a problem with any other indexes providing it doesn't use up resources.
    Maybe they could hire a completely different team for it.

Those two sentences are a bit contradictory! I agree they should just focus on improving and expanding FI for the time being. Talk of other indexes is just a distraction.

• @mike778

EJ did not suggest "other indexes" were bad per say.

What he did suggest was a long term strategy that includes prioritization of resources. The end goal being a monopoly on all various indexes, as opposed to a potential list of failed products.
    FI growth should absolutely be the priority, with transparency and increasing levels of trust, customer satisfaction and the subsequent free marketing.

Short term greed is risky for product and investors alike.
    I agree with EJ. We can be bigger, better, sky's the limit, but only if we focus on getting phase 1 right.