FI Daily Progress

• Hi all- After seeing the FI community on twitter and on this forum be so helpful and informative I thought I'd give it a stab in trying to provide some extra reading for traders. I aim to provide an (almost) daily update on my portfolio to track the peaks and troughs of things-I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a very good trader and this is by no means a way of trying to promote my own players, just an insight into what my portfolio is like. I've been using FI actively since October 2018 (Tried it back early 2017 but stopped using it soon after only to come back)- I've invested £2500 of my money into it and currently sit at £2815 (Small fish in a big pond, but a way better ROI than having it in a bank)- I aim over the next few months to get £5000 investment in there and I'll see where I go from there
    Now, onto the Portfolio!
    POGBA x40 (£12.11)- Sitting at £15.63, Pogbuzz is by far my biggest holding and rightly so, as long as those dividends keep rolling in he shall be my Number 1
    NEYMAR X15 (£18.61)- Currently at £19.24, I hopped on the bandwagon late with Neymar but wanted to reap any potential benefits from SS
    MBAPPE X20 (£13.36)- Currently £13.72, same reason as Neymar
    STERLING X30 (£8.05)- At £8.33, I'm hoping he'll hike up in price again as he's a big part of a world class team
    RASHFORD X30 (£4.76)- Currently £6.78, I anticipate a bright future for Rashford, especially with a new manager
    KANE X20 (£9.09)- Currently £9.20, I'm waiting on some international football to see a rise in Kane
    HAZARD X10 (£13.31)- At £13.39, Hazard is a big risk Imo if he does make a move, but until then I'm hoping to suck up some MB
    NABIL FEKIR x20 (£5.55)- Currently £5.54, I recently bought some Fekir in the hopes that his price will rise after the winter break
    ADRIEN RABIOT X30 (£2.99)- Currently at £2.95, I'm hoping he'll hit a rise if some transfer speculation comes through
    RICHARLISON X20 (£4.23)- Currently at £4.18, Richarlison to me is a young, safeish hold with some potential to move to a better club
    AARON RAMSEY X20 (£4.06)- Currently at £3.95, I'm just hoping he'll pick up some media steam with potential moving stories
    RUBEN NEVES X25 (£3.02)- Currently £2.95, Neves is a player I think could move to a bigger club, though I think this is a buy based primarily on MOTD coverage
    ALEKSANAR MITROVIC X20 (£2.44)- Currently £2.31, I bought Mitro on G&A hype as Fulham had a good run of fixtures in December imo- that didn't pay off but I'm gonna hold on as I believe it's a rising market so I'm hopeful it'll rise
    PACO ALCACER X15 (£2.82)- Currently £2.95, I've bought Alcacer as I think he's bottomed out and can only go up following the return from a winter break
    ROBERTO FIRMINO X10 (£4.27)- Currently £3.90, I didn't anticipate to drop this hard but I'm hoping if Liverpool stay in the CL he'll register some good scores though they'll probably fall to Salah
    NABY KEITA X10 (£3.54)- Currently £3.54, I'm hoping he'll get some favourable PB scores
    RYAN SESSENGON X10 (£3.35)- Currently £3.34, bought as an long term youth investment
    DOMINIC CALVERT LEWN X20 (£1.59)- Currently £1.61, Another youth investment, admittedly bought after seeing him trend upwards on the index
    WILFRIED ZAHA X10 (£3.29)- Currently £3.14, I'm hoping he'll get a move to a bigger club, a small risk
    MARKO ARNAUTOVIC X10 (£2.76)- Currently £2.83, I'm anticipating he'll riseas he returns from injury
    LUCAS MOURA X10 (£2.88)- Currently £2.69, I was caught out a bit by his drop so just holding out and hoping he'll rise again
    ZINCHENKO X15 (£1.39)- Currently £1.41, I think he's an exciting youth prospect, time will tell
    NICOLAS PEPE X10 (£4.06)- Currently £4.13, I'm hoping for some transfer speculation over the next month
    PHILIPPE COUTINHO X5 (£3.98)- Currently £3.97, I'm hoping for some good PB scores, long term investment
    MICHY BATSHUAYI X10 (£1.77)- Currently £1.62, a mistake on my part as I remembered him from his Chelsea days and rated him, still see him having a good future though
    ANDREW ROBERTSON X5 (£2.74)- Currently £2.64, don't even remember the reason for buying, just hopeful in capital appreciation I suppose
    LUKE SHAW X 5 (£2.83)- Currently £2.44, I was stung thinking there would be a significant boost for defenders but there was none, hoping under a new manager he'll gain some traction

And there we have it! Hopefully with some updates I'll be able to provide a clear state of mind and help myself as explaining decisions on here will make things more clear for me- in the meantime, any feedback is always appreciated! Again, discussing decisions with other traders helps provide a clearer picture imo

• good luck mate, will watch with interest as I am in similar position to you, I have 2500 invested and joined early November. Currently standing £2873

I am not spreading out as much as you

POGBA - my dividend cash cow and biggest holdinh
    CALLUM HUDSO-ODOI - second biggest holding and waiting for his chance

OUSMANE DEMBELE - may proove to be better than mbappe

MAURO ICARDI - Waiting for that big move hopefully to premier league

MEMPHIS DEPAY - a PB earner in ligue 1 and MB if he gets a move back to premier league,

Dividend wins are building small holdings in Mahmoud Hassan, Ronaldo vieria and Luis Muriel.

• Very good portfolio. I would take the hit on Luke Shaw and hit instant sell personally. Good to see the two best players on the Index high up (Pogba and Neymar).

• 29.12.18- Thankfully Firmino hit a rocket rise for me today with his hattrick. I'm gonna keep him for the wealth of dividends he'll receive tonight and hope he won't be flipped too hard.
    I decided to plummet another £100 into the index, and I've invested in SUSO X20 (£3.51)- His price has plummeted and I see this as a longer investment to hope he'll reach his former heights of roughly £4.40
    I've also invested in another ZAHA X10- With the transfer window coming in I'm doubling down and hoping for some transfer talk, though this will probably require some better on pitch performances from him to warrant it.

Invested: £2600 Worth: £2923.08

• Isn’t it just great when you buy a player and they instantly get sent off! If it makes you feel better.. I bought Rob holding 2 hours before his injury ruled him out for the season.

• Heres my offering from a £9k investment over a period of 5 months.

0_1546124978624_upload-3e745e6f-bc3d-4b05-83aa-5cd4a7024698

• Nice . I’ve only put in a grand. I’m about 60 quid up after 2 weeks on here . Lost abit on instant selling whilst learning the platform which I guess is part of the learning. Wish I did abit more research before just buying willy billy.

Can’t put anymore in any more Monday for a couple weeks so I’m just studying the market, reading things, podcasts and YouTubing

• 30.12.18- No update with regards to portfolio movement, but a big day for my portfolio overall- With the Man U game today, Rashford and Pogba have rocketed up, which I'm very thankful for them being some of my biggest holdings, as a lot of my lesser held players in the portfolio have taken a knock- I really wanted to target some Bundesliga players like Timo Werner and Luka Jovic however they've both received some rises today so I'm gonna try and hold out for them to drop a bit more again, though this is mainly a decision based on my ability to put more money in right now, as it's looking more likely that they'll raise in price with the winter break ending soon, let's hope I haven't missed the boat!

Invested: £2600 Worth: £2981.38

• @NZGeordieJon That'll happen for a bit but at least you're up! I've probably been here for about 4 or 5 months and I just about broke even while learning the ropes early on. It's only over the last 2 months that I've started to make profit and I'm up 2k now. The best way to learn is by making mistakes, reading the forum, listening to podcasts and, ultimately, having the balls to follow your gut even when things might be in the red. If you truly believe in your plan after you've done your research then give yourself the benefit of doubt. That has worked for me anyway. Good luck.

• @NZGeordieJon said in FI Daily Progress:

Nice . I’ve only put in a grand. I’m about 60 quid up after 2 weeks on here . Lost abit on instant selling whilst learning the platform which I guess is part of the learning. Wish I did abit more research before just buying willy billy.

Can’t put anymore in any more Monday for a couple weeks so I’m just studying the market, reading things, podcasts and YouTubing

I've heard Willy Billy is the next Neymar 😉

• @ScouseSte ha. Little typo there

• @Advinculas-Index said in FI Daily Progress:

Heres my offering from a £9k investment over a period of 5 months.

0_1546124978624_upload-3e745e6f-bc3d-4b05-83aa-5cd4a7024698

You must have done some selling and buying, 9k invested and says 12k + on cost of portfolio 💪🏻👌🏻

• @Andy-M
    Correct

The cost of the portfolio doesn't really mean anything as it doesn't show your historical trades

• @Advinculas-Index said in FI Daily Progress:

@Andy-M
    Correct

The cost of the portfolio doesn't really mean anything as it doesn't show your historical trades

Yeah was just explaining that to a newbie, mine is opposite, cost is lower than deposits, making for false profit reading.

• @Advinculas-Index I must need another visit to specsavers, I can't see the ferret on your list at all?

• 31.12.18- Early update today, but I've done a lot of trading- starting off with the big one, I've IS'd Aaron Ramsey off for around a 50p loss per share- this has been a big blow but his price is quickly falling down with the rumours about Juventus seeming to come to fruition and since my main reason for investing in him was his transfer hype, him allegedly being likely to go to Juventus makes him useless for me personally, as that money can be better spent elsewhere.

On the flipside, I've invested another £100 into the index and using the Ramsey money on top of that I've invested in LUKA JOVIC X20 (Wanted to hop on him for a while, was waiting for the drop but anticipating more of a rise when the Bundesliga kicks off again), SUSO X10 (Him getting sent off means his price lowered, a contrarian buy for me), And ZINCHENKO X5, RUBEN NEVES X5, NABIL FEKIR X5, MITROVIC X5 (All players in my portfolio that are falling but I have faith in, so topping up to bring average price down)

Overall today's been a bit rough thanks to Ramsey however Pogba and Rashford's continual rises more than make up for it, though I'm admittedly at a point with Rashford where I may consider cashing out on him as he's had a meteoric rise and to me profit is not profit until it's cashed out.

Invested: £2700 Worth: £3085.62

• 01.01.19- Apologies for the late post but happy new year! I hope everyone has an extremely profitable year. Today I decided to sell RASHFORD X10 in order to realise some profit, then put this profit into new investments (primarily topping up on investments that have dropped)- as my portfolio has seen a lot of changes over the last week, I'll post an updated version in here

POGBA x40 (£12.11)- Currently £16.83
    NEYMAR X15 (£18.61)- Currently at £19.07
    MBAPPE X20 (£13.36)- Currently £13.57
    STERLING X30 (£8.05)- Currently £8.18
    RASHFORD X20 (£4.76)- Currently £7.72
    KANE X20 (£9.09)- Currently £9.12
    HAZARD X10 (£13.31)- Currently £13.58
    NABIL FEKIR x20 (£5.55)- Currently £5.47
    SUSO X30 (£3.49)- Currently £3.45
    ADRIEN RABIOT X30 (£2.99)- Currently £3.04
    RICHARLISON X20 (£4.23)- Currently £4.01
    RUBEN NEVES X30 (£3.00)- Currently £2.91,
    LUKA JOVIC X20 (£4.14)- Currently £4.17
    ALEKSANAR MITROVIC X30 (£2.39)- Currently £2.28
    PACO ALCACER X15 (£2.82)- Currently £3.00
    ROBERTO FIRMINO X10 (£4.27)- Currently £4.36
    NABY KEITA X10 (£3.54)- Currently £3.43
    COUTINHO X10 (£3.98)- Currently £3.97
    RYAN SESSENGON X10 (£3.35)- Currently £3.32
    DOMINIC CALVERT LEWN X20 (£1.59)- Currently £1.64
    WILFRIED ZAHA X20 (£3.22)- Currently £3.16
    MARKO ARNAUTOVIC X10 (£2.76)- Currently £2.87,
    LUCAS MOURA X10 (£2.88)- Currently £2.69
    ZINCHENKO X20 (£1.38)- Currently £1.31
    NICOLAS PEPE X10 (£4.06)- Currently £4.13
    MICHY BATSHUAYI X10 (£1.77)- Currently £1.61
    ANDREW ROBERTSON X10 (£2.69)-Currently £2.63
    LUKE SHAW X 10 (£2.65)- Currently £2.48

In the future, i'll probably just take a screengrab of my portfolio instead of typing it all out ;)

Invested: £2700 Worth: £3086.09

• I’m not sure why no one else has replied, I saw this earlier and if I wasn’t at work would have.
    Your trading worries me, your going to lose.
    You’ve traded lots over the last few days and haven’t really made any extra money.
    Most of your profit is in pogba and rashford, and ur selling rashford. He has at least a few weeks of rising in him. Your paying a lot of commission, and increasing your investment, but not increasing your profit!

• @FILuigi said in FI Daily Progress
    In the future, i'll probably just take a screengrab of my portfolio instead of typing it all out ;)

Snipping tool cut and paste works

• 02.01.19/03.01.19- Longer update this time to make up for missing a day- I've invested another £100 and topped up on various players including ERIKSEN X10, RICHARLISON X10, BATSHUAYI X5 and MITROVIC X5- @Ringers gave me a lot of food for thought with his response yesterday (Thank you!) and was correct about the Rashford rise- in my defence I believed that Rashford had hit his peak, despite his price skyrocketing he hasn't won any MB or PB dividends for it and with the transfer window opening I doubt he'll be the biggest story on any given day in the forseeable future, so I wanted to cash out on profits and reinvest on players I think will rise- however, he has kept rising, so I should be thankful I kept some of him and didn't sell them all!

Invested: £2800 Worth: £3203.06 (G&A Dividends landed today, providing an extra £11 in Dividends)

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.