How good is Christian Pulisic?

• Great post here featuring stats, analysis and opinion from a Dortmund fan:

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/aan3lk/opinion_christian_pulisic_through_the_eyes_of_a/

TLDR: Looks to be a player who, if he hits his potential, can become a solid operator for a top 6 side (Son and Shaqiri mentioned as the level of player he could become).

• So going by that he is massively over priced right now.

Being that his price quite a way above both Son and Shaqiri.

Edit: Or they are undervalued.

• @PB-man the term utter wank is in there 😂 dortmund appear to be rubbing their hands in glee at the money chelsea want to spend, only 484 minutes this season, that isnt a player id want at my team liverpool. Chelsea can have him, id rather thorgen hazard

• Landon Donovan the 2nd! 👍

• Apparently he is leaving regardless. Was tempted to jump on it but I think I will let this one pass as I don’t wanna get sucked in to panic buying. Learning there’s always opportunities. Plus I’m skint ha

• @Allams-Out yep, Son is way underpriced. 14p G&A divs in December, behind only Salah and Messi. He should be a £6 player IMO.

• @NewUser162554 said in How good is Christian Pulisic?:

@Allams-Out yep, Son is way underpriced. 14p G&A divs in December, behind only Salah and Messi. He should be a £6 player IMO.

Son returned 12p last year and has returned 0p in normal dividends so far this year. That averages out at about 8p a season. Ideally you want a 15% return so by my estimation he is worth about 53p. In an average month, he may rack up 4p G+A (and that's quite generous) so he is now 57p

Explain why you think he is worth £6 . In fact, explain why he isn't massively over-priced now

There are a load of other players far worse value but that isn't the point. The likes of Sancho and co have shocking returns but most of their price is based around potential. Son is an established 26 year old at a top Prem team so shouldn't have potential built into his price.

• @NewUser162554

Rubbish PB and rubbish MB, hardly surprising he isn't more expensive.

• @mike778 you talk about potential with Sancho but I'd rather put my money into a proven performer, particularly at nearly 1/3 of the price!

After the probable 4 way share split Son will be worth about 80p. I don't expect G&A divs to be cut by 4 as FI will want to take the opportunity to increase the in-play appeal. So the likes of Son will be an absolute snip.

@mike778 you talk about potential with Sancho but I'd rather put my money into a proven performer, particularly at nearly 1/3 of the price!

After the probable 4 way share split Son will be worth about 80p. I don't expect G&A divs to be cut by 4 as FI will want to take the opportunity to increase the in-play appeal. So the likes of Son will be an absolute snip.

I agree, I prefer to put my money into a proven performer.

From an Index point of view, Son isn't a proven performer. His dividend yield is very bad and he simply isn't worth his current price (or even close to it) based on his returns so far. To suggest he should be £6 is laughable. As a comparison, Thiago (who I don't own) is priced just under £6 is the same age as Son and over the last 2 years has returned 78p compared to Son's 12p.

FI have already said, G+A will be split by the same percentage as everything else. They are worth maybe 4p to a player's price as things stand.

• Buy low sell high then put profit into proven dividend winners, then put dividends and some ROi into more players you can buy low sell high, this is what I try to do and Pulisic is a perfect example. If I owned him now I would be cashing in.

• @NewUser162554 Son has returned 1p more in dividends than Sancho over the past two seasons. Sancho is 7p ahead this season. Sancho has more combined goals and assists as well.

• @PB-man agree he should be worth more, just not £5 more.

• FI have already said, G+A will be split by the same percentage as everything else. They are worth maybe 4p to a player's price as things stand.

Oh, I missed that - link please? I won't be in-playing any more then - 0.5p a goal, joke!

• @NewUser162554 it will be exactly the same payout as you will hold more shares.

Essentially nothing changes.

FI have already said, G+A will be split by the same percentage as everything else. They are worth maybe 4p to a player's price as things stand.

Oh, I missed that - link please? I won't be in-playing any more then - 0.5p a goal, joke!

I can’t see them messing about with fractions of a penny.
    If it’s 4 way it’ll be a penny a goal and drop the assists I think.

• @Ringers precisely my point. So goals will be worth more than now then

• @Ericali yes I realise that. This is a discussion about whether G&As will be split the same way as ordinary divs. If I buy 100 Sons shortly before a 4 way share split, they could be worth more for G&A purposes than currently if I have 400 Sons for a 1p goal instead of 100 Sons for a 2p goal. That's if they halve the G&A payout but might even keep same.

• I just have a feeling they are going to make g@a more enticing to get people to trade more frequently, maybe they will keep it the same?, you still have to sell and buy back shares.

@Ringers precisely my point. So goals will be worth more than now then

Yes, if it works that way on a 4x split. They will be the equivalent of 4p a goal