Share split

• Can someone clarify for me when it happens if I hold 115 shares in a certain player and the split is x2 will it be 57 or 58 rounded up or rounded down im sure it's been mentioned before but can't find it ?

• If split by 2 it's double, no rounding up or down needed.

If split by 10 add a zero 😉

• You’ll get 230 shares at half price

• Thanks for that makes sense now very easy really good luck !

• Highly doubt split by half. I imagine it to be by 4 and you will have 460 shares

• After the split, will our portfolios be considered as new purchases and we will benefit from goals etc and can hold longer?

• @Feldy very interesting point

• @Feldy highly unlikely imo….based on the previous share split, id suggest you take the view of dilution of existing shares rather than purchase of new...….

• @NewUser157192 said in Share split:

Can someone clarify for me when it happens if I hold 115 shares in a certain player and the split is x2 will it be 57 or 58 rounded up or rounded down im sure it's been mentioned before but can't find it ?

Wow I hope that's not how Adam plans to do the split 🤣🤣🤣 if it's 4 way split then you'll have 460 and the price will be split by 4 mate.

• @Feldy said in Share split:

After the split, will our portfolios be considered as new purchases and we will benefit from goals etc and can hold longer?

Doubt it, would be a killer for FI, imagine the traders that have 1000's and then all of a sudden several 1000's of certain players, then someone bangs in a hat trick 😱🤦🏻‍♂️

• It will be interesting to see if dividends become theoretically worse or better after the share split. If it's four way for example I can't see them making single media 1.25p per share, would be good if they are slightly increased initially.

Completely random but I also hope FI make cup games played between two top tier sides PB eligible. It would mean paying out more dividends of course but I think FI would probably make more through regular buying/selling in anticipation of these games. We've already seen the impact a single match day can have e.g the Southampton/West Ham game recently.

• @NewUser82416 said in Share split:

It will be interesting to see if dividends become theoretically worse or better after the share split. If it's four way for example I can't see them making single media 1.25p per share, would be good if they are slightly increased initially.

This is where the devil is in the detail I think.

A lot of people seem to be assuming it's a 4 way split. So if it is and I hold 100 in Pogba, I would currently get £5 on a standard media win. If I then get 400 Pogba after the split and media buzz changes to 2p a future then that's jackpot party time as I'm then getting £8 for a media win, which is a 60% dividend increase.

If however, they drop it to 1p a share then I'm actually only getting £4, so a drop of 20%, not so good.

Of course they could do one or the other, or something completely different. Nobody actually knows, do they?

I'm waiting for the terms of the share split to be announced before I chuck money anywhere. Lots of people are saying 'he'll only be X (a quarter of his current price) after the share split but that's not guaranteed is it? And anyway, if it is, ALL players will have to be split the same and FI will surely have to adjust the dividends accordingly. I can't imagine just waking up one day to find I've got 4 times more of every player. Surely FI will announce the details and lock down the market for a period of time?

If known goalscorer Cristhian Stuani ends up at 32p post share split and bags a brace, what on earth is going to happen to his price? If you were still getting 2p per goal on in play dividends then that would be carnage!

• @Yellow

Those were the numbers I'd be hoping for if it was a four way split. Single media 2p, Triple media 3p, 2p, 1p. It could be 2.5p, 1.5p and 0.5p though.

In regards to G & A I'd like to think they'd probably only half them but who knows? They probably want people to buy for G & A due to commission so you'd hope they would stay a little higher to encourage, after all you only get 30 days so I don't see a reason to make them theoretically worse. 1.5p per goal for defenders, 1p per goal & 0.5p for assists would be nice but maybe I'm being generous. Although it wouldn't matter for our current holds so we'd have to buy new shares in players we fancy for it so again I don't see the need to make them theoretically worse. If they split if four ways (assuming a 4 way split again) I don't see the incentive of buying for 0.25p per assist or 0.5p per goal and as for clean sheets I'm not really sure what will happen with them. There doesn't seem to be too much activity with goal keepers anyway, even if they keep clean sheets.

Hopefully they announce it an advance, to give us time to prepare for it. It would be unprofessional if they just sprung it on traders spontaneously.

• @NewUser82416 said in Share split:

@Yellow

Those were the numbers I'd be hoping for if it was a four way split. Single media 2p, Triple media 3p, 2p, 1p. It could be 2.5p, 1.5p and 0.5p though.

In regards to G & A I'd like to think they'd probably only half them but who knows? They probably want people to buy for G & A due to commission so you'd hope they would stay a little higher to encourage, after all you only get 30 days so I don't see a reason to make them theoretically worse. 1.5p per goal for defenders, 1p per goal & 0.5p for assists would be nice but maybe I'm being generous. Although it wouldn't matter for our current holds so we'd have to buy new shares in players we fancy for it so again I don't see the need to make them theoretically worse. If they split if four ways (assuming a 4 way split again) I don't see the incentive of buying for 0.25p per assist or 0.5p per goal and as for clean sheets I'm not really sure what will happen with them. There doesn't seem to be too much activity with goal keepers anyway, even if they keep clean sheets.

Hopefully they announce it an advance, to give us time to prepare for it. It would be unprofessional if they just sprung it on traders spontaneously.

I don't think they will just spring it on us. When they did that for goals and assists first time it was a disaster and they lost a lot of face. FI redeemed themselves for the extension of goals and assists by notifying in advance and locking the market down for half an hour, and I think they'll do this for share split and all big decisions, otherwise there will be a lot of unhappy people.

But yeah, the dividend splits are absolutely key. I'm banking on FI giving us advanced notice of when the share split will be. Then locking the market down shortly before share split goes live and announcing the new dividend structure at the same time. And then giving traders half an hour to an hour to digest all the information before opening trading again. I think that is the only way they can reasonably mitigate against traders complaining they got burned, as the integrity of FI and trader happiness should always be at the top of FI's agenda I think.

I'm aiming to have a lot of cash in my balance at this point to jump on the opportunities that get created. Exciting times.

• @Yellow Just curious in your opinion what opportunities are you expecting? I’m thinking some decent prospects at £3 and under could easily rise quickly after the split.

• Indeed I think the players currently in the £3-5 bracket will rise quickest post split, so the majority of my diverse portfolio is these players. But I wasn't here for the last one, so I might be wrong.

• @kristiang85 I’ve got my eye on a few under a £1 as well who I’m not going to mention in case I jinx it! I feel there’s a couple future strong prospects around 50p which would be around 12p after a split of 4 to 1. Surely they would rise at least to double that over time. Any thoughts?

• @TeamGB said in Share split:

@Yellow Just curious in your opinion what opportunities are you expecting? I’m thinking some decent prospects at £3 and under could easily rise quickly after the split.

Lots will depend on the share split multiplyer and the associated change to dividends. Lots are people are assuming it's a 4 way split. Pogba at £4.20 seems unbelievable right now, but Josh Sargent at 44p seems even more appealing to me given the index's love for a young goalscorer. I would buy a shed load at that price and be happy to sit on it.

1 year ago, Pogba was £3.92. He's now £16.78. So he's grown 328%, which is incredible.

1 year ago, Luka Jovic was 41p. He's now £4.14. So he's grown 909%, which is just unbelievable really.

No doubt that Jovic is a rare case, and Pogba was the safer bet, but it's just an illustration to show some of the value I think there will be at the lower end of the market.

However, if it is a 4 way split and media dividends are split less than 4 ways then Pogba will rise even more than he would've anyway.

That's why I want to know the proportion split and associated change in dividends before committing too much.

• Please someone correct me if i'm wrong but I thought that in FIGs podcast with Adam Cole and co that they were quite clear there was no intention of any proportional dividend increase with the share split. I don't think they have an issue with paying out fractional penny dividends. As a result prices/dividends will be exactly for the same, at least for the foreseeable future.

• The thing is Pogba at £16 now is the same price as Pogba at £4 post share split - so why hold off on buying him now? Unless you want to buy less than 4 shares?