Three Year Expiry

• Apologies if this has been covered before but I’m new here. I can find very little information about what actually happens at the three-year expiry point of futures held on the platform. I’ve seen the average hold period so far is very short, but I’m a long term investor and certainly hope to hold most of my portfolio for at least three years. So, planning ahead...

1. Is there any kind of notification system built in or are we responsible for keeping track of purchase dates of every set of futures?
    2. Is there any kind of auto-rollover where we can sell and rebuy the shares immediately at the same price (less 2% commission obviously)

If these aren’t in place yet it would be great if FI could look at developing them in good time, as I’m sure there must be some early investors out there approaching the deadline on some of their futures?

• Hi there. FI are currently migrating to a new website, which will be able to do lots more things than the current one, including notifying when a future is nearing it's expiry.

In the meantime, the "miniscule" amount of futures that did expire a couple of months ago were given another year extension.

• Good to know thanks. I think the auto-rollover would be a great feature. Allows the investor to stay involved in a player without worrying about the whims of the market, and makes FI a bonus 2% commission on what is effectively a “hold”

• @Coleyscrooge that could certainly happen