Champions league/Europa League clubs

• I was doing some research the other day to try and find out which clubs had the most fixtures left to play this season. I compiled the following, based on the maximum amount of PB eligible games clubs may have left to play this season; of course this assumes that teams will reach the final in the European competitions but I will also list the first team they'll face in the knockout rounds and their likelihood of advancing to the next round (my opinion) . This might not be helpful at all but I thought it would be interesting for those that like PB/G & A dividends, I'm only including the fixtures from the weekend where the Bundesliga returns from the winter break. I'll list the club, then the maximum amount of games, followed by their first European opponent and their likelihood of advancing (rated out of 10)

Premier League
    Liverpool - 23 Games, Bayern Munich, 6/10
    City - 23 Games, Schalke, 9/10
    Spurs- 23 Games, Dortmund, 4/10
    United - 23 Games, PSG, 3/10
    Chelsea - 25 Games, Malmo, 9/10
    Arsenal - 25 Games, Bate Borisov, 9/10

La Liga
    Barca - 26 Games, Lyon, 8/10
    Atletico - 26 Games, Juventus, 3/10
    Real Madrid - 26 Games, Ajax, 7/10
    Valencia - 28 Games, Celtic, 5/10
    Sevilla - 28 Games, Lazio, 6/10
    Real Betis- 28 Games, Rennes, 7/10
    Villareal - 28 Games, Sporting, 5/10

Bundesliga
    Bayern Munich - 24 Games, Liverpool, 4/10
    Dortmund- 24 Games, Spurs, 6/10
    Schalke - 24 Games, Man City, 1/10
    Bayer Leverkusen -26 Games, FC Krasnodar, 7/10
    Frankfurt, 26 Games, Shakhtar Donesk, 6/10

Serie A
    Juventus - 26 Games, Atletico, 7/10
    Roma - 26 Games, Porto, 5/10
    Lazio - 28 Games, Sevilla, 4/10
    Napoli- 28 Games, FC Zurich, 9/10
    Inter Milan - 28 Games, Rapid Wien, 9/10

Ligue 1
    PSG - 27 Games, Man United, 7/10
    Lyon - 25 Games, Barca, 2/10
    Rennes - 27 Games, Real Betis, 3/10

Don't think I missed any teams. Again, it's hardly ground breaking data but I found it quite interesting and of course I can't account for what will happen in the next round of the draw, but particularly with the Europa league you should be able to predict at least three or four teams that will reach the quarter finals. Teams like Napoli, Sevilla, Inter, Arsenal, Chelsea, Frankfurt etc will all have a good chance of reaching at least the quarters unless they are drawn against each other.

Bundesliga fixtures return on the weekend beginning January 18th, roughly four months before the end of the season. So if any of those teams that could possibly play 28 games reach the final, thats 7 games a month on average. Should be useful for in-play dividends.

• that says to me investing in Messi & Ronaldo might be the way to go??????

Not sure on your 3/10 rating for PSG over Man Utd though???? Is that supposed to be a 7??? if so you can throw Neymar in to the mix? Would say at the min that game is more 60/40 in PSG's favour though???

• @dannypea

La Liga & Serie A sides certainly look like the best value if you're looking for PB/In Play dividends.

The PSG rating was indeed meant to be a 7, could argue that 6 would be fairer but at the minute based on PSG's performances this season Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani will run riot against United's defence.

• @NewUser82416 no i think 70/30 is fair... i would have been asking you to take my bet if you gave me a 30% chance of PSG going through as i expect them to offer United more of a threat than Huddersfield and Cardiff perhaps have...

Can certainly add Neymar to the PB list on the above notes provided as i expect PSG to go through although could be a closer tie now minus Mourinho!!!

The only concern I do have on the Europa League teams is in that competition, the best side doesn't always win so hard to be optimistic about the chances of Inter & Napoli etc...

• @dannypea

Yeah true, you'd have to fancy that most of the favourites will get to the quarter finals at a minimum though. Which is another 6 eligible PB games added onto the league matches!

• @NewUser82416 certainly Chelsea & Arsenal... but then predicting their starting XI's is another hurdle completely!!!

• @NewUser82416 how are you working out so many games for Bundesligue???

• @Andy-M

It's including European Competitions mate. I'm just assuming that every team makes it to the final, meaning it's the maximum amount of games each club can play from that point in the season (January 18th) and then rating their chances of going through to the next round. Of course nothing is guaranteed but I think it shows a general trend of the clubs that should be invested in going into the second half of the season.

• @NewUser82416 ok but you are aware that Bundesliga is only 34 games and not 38 ??

• @Andy-M

Yes and they have 17 games left, plus a maximum of 7 or 9 possible European matches.

• @NewUser82416 said in Champions league/Europa League clubs:

@Andy-M

Yes and they have 17 games left, plus a maximum of 7 or 9 possible European matches.

Ok maybe just some mistakes with the maths somewhere mate, not trying to be clever.. just saw u have Liverpool 23 so 18 league leaves 5 champions league... and Bayern 24 so 17 league and 7 Champions league.

• This post is deleted!

• @Andy-M

I said I'm only counting the fixtures from when the Bundesliga returns on the 18th of January, to make for an easier comparison and also thats roughly four months from when the season ends.

• @NewUser82416 said in Champions league/Europa League clubs:

@Andy-M

I said I'm only counting the fixtures from when the Bundesliga returns on the 18th of January, to make for an easier comparison and also thats roughly four months from when the season ends.

Yeah missed that completely mate, actually saw it now and deleted a msg i was writing 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @NewUser82416 from when Bundesliga re-starts.... my bad mate