General buying strategy

• How do you guys buy players with regards to quantity.

I have started with relatively little money (£50) which you can't do much with. And have ended up with several players but only 1 or 2 of each.

It is nagging me that this could be a bad strat (originally I thought it would spread losses/profits whilst I learn and is just for fun) and maybe I should be spending all on one player.

Thoughts?

• I started out a similar way and it isn't a bad approach at all. Spreading your investment is a good idea and the amount you have to invest is relative to how many futures you can afford. The % ROI is still the same.

Over time I've been able to increase my futures as my profits have grown, either in existing holds or when buying new futures.

All in one player increases the risk as well as the opportunity to gain. Like you alluded to, it depends if your looking to build profits or gamble for fun. Lower risk vs higher risk.

• Thank you.

I am considering putting another £200 in and playing here seriously but I get decent returns from my traditional betting sites so wary of withdrawing from them atm (I make approx. £100 a month from betting and poker, last year my total profit across all sites was £1273 so would need to be a bit more confident before pulling funds and transferring in.

I read somewhere they occasionally do deposit bonus', maybe will wait for that to come along.

• whether it's £1, £100 or £1000 you first deposit... spread the risk and balance your portfolio... that way it will reduce your losses and even your chances of profit especially through dividend returns and growth!!!

• Having a few players to start with helps you to understand price fluctuations, but not all of them, they’re still a mystery to some of us

• I started with £250 and spread it across 25 players! I soon learned that was no way to make serious money, however it gave me so much experience as to how the market works I’m really glad I did it.

Once I’d learned a bit more I started topping up regularly and my portfolio is now nearly £4K spread across just over 50 players.

• I ballsed it up anyway lol. Deposited £200 and wanted to spread around 10 players I had identified. Somehow spent it all on one player.

Have three choices now. Sell up instant for a loss, set sell price and lose 2% commission or wait and see

• @MrWh1te Who is the player, and how much confidence do you have in them?

• tammy Abraham

All hinges on whether he gets his transfer tbh, I think if he does it will rise and I can cash out a profit. Long term I am sure it will go higher than it is now.

So whilst I am annoyed with myself as I wanted to spread it, it isn't the end of the world
    (and one of the big twitter guys just tweeted his name, hopefully that will help)

• Sounds like a maximum of a 100x£2 player?

• 74 x 2.68

• Yeah you now have a relatively high risk portfolio, but if he does get a move you’re right that you could see a fairly swift return!

• This is where the share split will help. £50 as a new player, nothing wrong with that. They don't want to buy just 3 Messi or Pogba shares. Which is understandable, you want to build a protfolio and feel you have something to manage and have fun with. So they end up buying junk players with a "name" then can't understand why they get no divinends and the price never moves much. Then leave. After the split new player can sprinkle some top end players in there aswell and feel much more part of the game while they learn the ropes.

@MrWh1te Not saying you got rubbish picks, I have no idea what you picked. Just using your post to make a point.

• @MrWh1te oh right, this is the new thing FI do when you want to buy a player, it wants to spend all your available cash

• @Misto said in General buying strategy:

This is where the share split will help. £50 as a new player, nothing wrong with that. They don't want to buy just 3 Messi or Pogba shares. Which is understandable, you want to build a protfolio and feel you have something to manage and have fun with. So they end up buying junk players with a "name" then can't understand why they get no divinends and the price never moves much. Then leave. After the split new player can sprinkle some top end players in there aswell and feel much more part of the game while they learn the ropes.

@MrWh1te Not saying you got rubbish picks, I have no idea what you picked. Just using your post to make a point.

I would say they are fair points and probably exactly what I have done. Can you post pics on here? I could post my portfolio

• @MrWh1te Ya you can upload a screen shot or a url link. Pretty good the forum system. Just needs to allow use to upload bigger files. Then we can post gifs of footballers as replys :)

• 0_1546447636684_upload-5757afe0-9dfe-4255-bf82-7001118941f7

• @MrWh1te me personally you need at least one big gun ie Pog Salah just to tick you over & keep tabs with movers

• @MrWh1te funny looking £50 quid?

• ok thank you that's good to know. I will just finish some reading up on Abraham latest and then decide if to cut losses and then could put some into bigger players