Question for experienced traders...

• Will the 50p to £2 players see a positive or negative effect with the share split assuming they are premier league regular starters, etc?

I've seen an average drop of 50p on defenders in the past month that were around the £2 mark. Does this mean there is good opportunity in players like Hector Bellerin and Kyle Walker in the £1.50 price bracket?

• Not sure what qualifies as an experienced trader, but I'll give my thoughts (joined April 2018).

I think the players closer to the £2 mark and in particular, the £2-£3 mark will see a very positive reaction. This are the players on the verge of stardom. Reason being the quantities you will be able to buy. Pellegrini for example at £1.88, to 47p with a 4 way split. Great prospect with Man Utd links and 1st team regular for Roma. 100 futures for less than £50. IF divs rise again, as many purpose they will, that will prove to be a very good purchase.

The players who are in the 50p - £1, with all due respect, are either undiscovered (get in quick), playing in an unfavourable position or team or squad players. I can see little value (with the exception of the undiscovered talents) when the split happens for this end of the market.

The top players of course are where the money is at the moment. My concern there is the volatility of their prices and now may be too late for some.

Just my opinion. Be interesting to hear others opinions.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 What about if the current in play divs stay. They will be very easy to flip and therefore not rise as they should? Maybe me being sceptical..🤔I don't know! I agree with you in theory but just have doubts it will be as straightforward.

• Different areas of the market will grow over different times starting with the top end superstars, strikers, midfielders, then defenders and goalkeepers in that order... it only takes a rumour to boost either area but on the whole, strikers and playmakers will always rise first (because they are sexy) whilst defenders and goalkeepers will grow the slowest because they are not!!!

Obviously there are exceptions like goalscoring defenders or transfer targets but true to form... the best players rise quickest, folllowed by the next best, then the best after that!!!

So when the share split takes place... everyone will lump into £7/8 Messi or Neymar at a bargain price, then when bored of that they'll think a £2 Timo Werner aint bad value followed by an 80p David Luis and so on... the sooner the bang average players and defenders close in on the top end of the market that then prompts folk to lump into the highest value players and so on...

• what is this share split and what does it mean? only been on the index just over a week and im hooked haha, any help/advise with this would be appreciated

• @NewUser219001 said in Question for experienced traders...:

what is this share split and what does it mean? only been on the index just over a week and im hooked haha, any help/advise with this would be appreciated

Hi mate - welcome to FI! basically its deemed that the top players are too expensive for new people entering the market so FI are going to 'split' all shares

ie if you own 1 Neymar and hes £20

after the split you will own 4 neymars and he will be £5 meaning all shares multiplied by the factor the prices are cut by.. could be 4 could be 5 etc

the general feeling is that the market will fly after the split as players will seem on the face of it cheaper. its important to note that dividends will be split by the same value too so no player will actually be cheaper, they will just be more affordable

• hey mate, thanks for the welcome, Right got it sounds good, pleased i herd about this now was going to put in some more investment in tomorrow, im loving it and made a £45.28p profit in just over a week or so, happy days haha

• @NewUser219001 well done, good first week by the sounds of it! Not be long before you're giving us tips too!

• thanks mate, its been fun doing it as well, hopefully keep on making profit, how long have you been using the index?

• @Dan-w said in Question for experienced traders...:

@Metropolis_山の中の市 What about if the current in play divs stay. They will be very easy to flip and therefore not rise as they should? Maybe me being sceptical..🤔I don't know! I agree with you in theory but just have doubts it will be as straightforward.

There a quite few, Januzaj is a great flip player, Vardy and that Success fella from Watford come to mind , they often go up and down a lot perfect G@A fodder.

• @Tom77 yeah and that lower end market will become flooded with excellent value players after the split,so I don't see the increase in their values as much as they have done due to the flippers. Not my style but I think it will become more of a feature of FI in the future as it will be unavoidable to do for so many.

• @Dan-w said in Question for experienced traders...:

@Tom77 yeah and that lower end market will become flooded with excellent value players after the split,so I don't see the increase in their values as much as they have done due to the flippers. Not my style but I think it will become more of a feature of FI in the future as it will be unavoidable to do for so many.

You literally have to be glued to FI and flash score to be any good at it.

• @Tom77 i tried but the earache from home isn't worth it. Glued to the forum enough as it is! My fantasy football team has suffered as a result!