Hudson Odoi

• I hold a few at a pretty nice profit - can't decide to hold or sell so looking for some opinions

reasons to hold

1 - the sancho effect
    2- will rise on first start, first goal, england rumours, england call up, england start, england goal (potentials...)
    3 - could replace robben/ribery
    4 - will play (if at Bayern) in a very good PB team

reasons to sell

1 - everyone shits their-self and his price drops
    2 - self fulfilling prophecy that when a transfer is completed people sell up - difference in this case being that he isnt winning MB atm and its all hype

my plan is to hold based on the above, anyone think otherwise?

• sell now bank the profit and then if he moves buy him back once he bottoms out, best ion both worlds and 100% what I'd be doing if i held him. He's not even getting on the Chelsea bench so talk of England is a bit far fetched at this stage.

• @9stevo said in Hudson Odoi:

sell now bank the profit and then if he moves buy him back once he bottoms out, best ion both worlds and 100% what I'd be doing if i held him. He's not even getting on the Chelsea bench so talk of England is a bit far fetched at this stage.

Totally agree with this plus Sancho doesnt have much competition at Dortmund.

CHO has to be compete with much better players if he moved.

• @9stevo said in Hudson Odoi:

sell now bank the profit and then if he moves buy him back once he bottoms out, best ion both worlds and 100% what I'd be doing if i held him. He's not even getting on the Chelsea bench so talk of England is a bit far fetched at this stage.

not a bad plan, England was purely speculation due to how he performed in the u17 world cup which Southgate has raved about. might drip feed a few to the market and see where I get to.

Im not one to be bothered about percentage rises, I measure my success on portfolio value so wouldnt have any hesitation buying back down the line

• I have a couple of rules when it comes to selling players... a) do they have a good future ahead of them b) are they past their best? i would say on Odoi yes and no which leads me to think he might be worth holding onto a bit longer?

Also depends on what you've made? £1+ profit is always a good sign to get out but if you feel he has the potential to make you even more why back out now? What will you do with the money? if its to re-invest then who do you have lined up instead? if you feel you can sell up now to get more money in quicker elsewhere than i suppose why not? If not then why sell?

• @dannypea great advice, I'm having your rule!!!

• @dannypea said in Hudson Odoi:

I have a couple of rules when it comes to selling players... a) do they have a good future ahead of them b) are they past their best? i would say on Odoi yes and no which leads me to think he might be worth holding onto a bit longer?

Also depends on what you've made? £1+ profit is always a good sign to get out but if you feel he has the potential to make you even more why back out now? What will you do with the money? if its to re-invest then who do you have lined up instead? if you feel you can sell up now to get more money in quicker elsewhere than i suppose why not? If not then why sell?

@dannypea yeah I agree here although I have a slightly different outlook than a lot of people when it comes to profit. Im up about £1.60 per share but I dont see that as a 'well because im up I can afford to sit on him and it doesnt matter it he drops im still up' Thats now my money if I want it and thats my investment.

I personally feel like he has a huge future (hence the reason buying) but I know how the market works and when a deal goes through he will drop so will that leave me ruing the chance to get out on the up.

If I was to get out I would probs move the money into come bundesliga players who have taken a hit, but I dont want to make the same mistakes I did with sancho! I have traded in and out of him more times than the Hokey Kokey

• @dannypea said in Hudson Odoi:

I have a couple of rules when it comes to selling players... a) do they have a good future ahead of them b) are they past their best? i would say on Odoi yes and no which leads me to think he might be worth holding onto a bit longer?

The thing abut the index is that there are so many players that have dipped at some point especially if you know what you are looking for. I think for some people its hard to sell a player in lots of green but at then end of the day that profit could be put into another player and so on and so on.

• simply weigh it up... i would look less at 'well i've earned this much on him so that will do' and more at 'what else can i earn from him'... Paul Pogba is a great example... I like many brought at around £5... some have brought at £10/15 and throughout people have moaned at his soaring value but he earns dividends week after week and whilst he's doing this why sell unless you need to or think you can earn better elsewhere?

Odoi is different because he's no real form in dividend winnings.. but now whilst there is speculation over his future is he all of a sudden a player that can potentially win MB? Is he a player that by getting a big move he can improve in growth? Is he a player that can attract investment because of it??? Rather than thinking 'now i'm up i must get rid' i think it should be an exciting time for an Odoi holder as the MB train is just about to start... some players however who you hold but may not rate, those players who you think you've got your profit out of and you can't see much more... they are the ones to get rid of.. but asking yourself why you invested in Odoi and if you feel he's reached his value potential for you? that might tell you better than anyone on here??