Sane & Rashford

• Ok, I'm obviously a Man Utd fan but why such a difference in price between the two?

The price is around £2 a share difference. Which is massive!!

I hold both so not a pump. Rashford is English I get that, and you pay a premium for that, but they are a similar age.

Sane 22
    Rashford 21

Sane has 7 goals & 8 assists this PL season
    Rashford has 6 goals & 6 assists this PL season

Realistically, Utd are in a fight for 4th & City are in a fight for the title.

In Europe, City are favourites Vs Schalke & Utd are underdogs Vs PSG.

I just don't get the £2 gap. 🤔

Especially with the media headlines created when the trohpy's are being handed out in the latter stages of the season.

• English
    higher chance of MB

• Rashford is English and plays for Manchester United, ergo more media attention.

Also some are banking on him getting lots of PB now he's going to be somewhat unleashed.

But I agree with you, in the real world I'd put Sane ahead of him.

• @Advinculas-Index I agree at the present time. But not today or tomorrow with his winning goal or when it hits the business end of the season.

• I’d say it’s down to the United factor - journalists love a United headline

• Look at Greenwood

English

Man United

hasnt played a game and is currently the 39th Highest prices player on the index

• @Advinculas-Index said in Sane & Rashford:

Look at Greenwood

English

Man United

hasnt played a game and is currently the 39th Highest prices player on the index

Greenwood is a ridiculous price. But we are talking similar quality here. Similar stats, similar age.

The only difference being one side has a realistic title and European challenge & the other doesn't.

Utd are, of course, a much bigger club but the journalists surely have to report the title battle in bulk rather than the battle for 4th? Which is where we are this season (unfortunately)

• @Ericali said in Sane & Rashford:

@Advinculas-Index said in Sane & Rashford:

Look at Greenwood

English

Man United

Greenwood is a ridiculous price. But we are talking similar quality here. Similar stats, similar age.

The only difference being one side has a realistic title and European chance & the other doesn't.

Utd are, of course a much bigger club but the journalism surely has to report the title battle in bulk rather than a battle for 4th. Which is where we are this season (unfortunately)

you could find hundreds on non english players who have similar stats to Greenwood who are not even half the price but as people have said above the fact that he is english and plays for man utd will make a huge difference on here

• @Ericali Just check how much Rashford has risen since Jose was sacked mate, Lukaku was a starter no matter what, now Ole is in you see what Rashford is made of, that boy is going to be £15 by May. Sane might reach £8.

• So other than "the Man Utd factor" the majority agree that this is a ridiculous £2 gap

Dispite the fact City could potentially win the quad & we are realistically looking at a battle for 4th and a possible FA cup win? 🤔

Madness.

• @Andy-M the whole side has been rejuvenated since the Mourinho sacking, not just Rashford.

@Andy-M the whole side has been rejuvenated since the Mourinho sacking, not just Rashford.

Ok, pretty sure you were asking about Sane v Rashford... I'll keep quiet should I.

• @Andy-M No, you don't have to take your ball in. I agree that Rashford is in a good run of form.

But Rashford scored 13 goals in 52 appearances last year & 11 goals in 53 previous to that.

Just because Ole has took over Rashford hasn't become a penalty box killer. He needs to work on his finishing & acknowledges this himself.

• Sane got 14 goals in 49 games last season & the season previous to that 9 goals in 37 games.

If anything, a better ratio.

@Andy-M No, you don't have to take your ball in. I agree that Rashford is in a good run of form.

But Rashford scored 13 goals in 52 appearances last year & 11 goals in 53 previous to that.

Just because Ole has took over Rashford hasn't become a penalty box killer. He needs to work on his finishing & acknowledges this himself.

I'm pretty sure if u are a United fan and saw the finish and composure from Rashford yesterday then you'd see an amazing difference to usual.

• When the media headlines come out at the end of the season assuming Man city win the league

how high up in the pecking order do you think Sane will be compared to the likes of the other big names in the team.

He doesnt tend to court MB very much compared to Sterling (who again is a perfect example of being a similar age styles and level, but is £2 higher than Sane mainly due to being an English player).

Look at Jadon Sancho - great prospect though he is he is not worth £2.50 more than Sane purely on footballing ability, but that isnt what drives the market on FI

• We must remember that this isn't fantasy football. On fantasy football I would say it was ridiculous. On there, we apply our football knowledge, on here we apply our football knowledge but we also play the system. MB is, as Stamford likes to say, the most predictable dividend on the index. The word United is one of those buzz words that earns more points when the MB is being calculated so just playing for them gives him an advantage. When there is an international break, the media will revolve more around a young English player than a young German and so on. The media want a story and so do we as (mostly) English users. The country wants the next Michael Own, Alan Shearer and already the next Harry Kane. I would say that the £2 difference makes sense for FI.

• @Andy-M Yes - and I watched the interview with Rashford after the match where they asked him straight up if Solskjaer had worked with him on his finishing yet & he said 'no - he's not had time yet, but it's something they plan to do'

Or words similar to that.

So no improvement in general finishing ability or technique, just happened to be a very good finish. 👍

• @Advinculas-Index said in Sane & Rashford:

When the media headlines come out at the end of the season assuming Man city win the league

how high up in the pecking order do you think Sane will be compared to the likes of the other big names in the team.

He doesnt tend to court MB very much compared to Sterling (who again is a perfect example of being a similar age styles and level, but is £2 higher than Sane mainly due to being an English player).

Look at Jadon Sancho - great prospect though he is he is not worth £2.50 more than Sane purely on footballing ability, but that isnt what drives the market on FI

The pecking order, I'd say:-

Aguero
    Sterling
    Sane
    KDB
    D.Silva

The rest can forget it.

But they are still on for 4 trophy's - not one

• Including Sane's media and buzz wins tonight he'll have returned £1.30 less in dividends per share than Rashford who is correctly higher.