Talksport

• @Black-wolf

It is good news

The one reservation i have is that he may be open to accusations of affecting the market by talking up certain players prior to the weekend fixtures but overall it can only be a positive.

• @Advinculas-Index I did wonder about this and the associated volatility it could bring.

• I would imagine it will be man v spurs players, I dont see the difference in bookies favouring the big matches like they do on Alan Brazil show.

It’s always the big teams that get the attention - mostly.

It will be interesting see if he mentions other leagues, the average football punter probably doesnt even know who the likes of the players we all buy on this.

• @Tom77 be nice if he mentions some of the Lyon players πŸ‘€, one of only six qualifying PB teams playing tonight πŸ˜‰

• @ScouseSte said in Talksport:

@Tom77 be nice if he mentions some of the Lyon players πŸ‘€, one of only six qualifying PB teams playing tonight πŸ˜‰

I would be happy with a Januzaj pump for monday !.

• @Tom77 said in Talksport:

@ScouseSte said in Talksport:

@Tom77 be nice if he mentions some of the Lyon players πŸ‘€, one of only six qualifying PB teams playing tonight πŸ˜‰

I would be happy with a Januzaj pump for monday !.

I won't be able to listen after 11 because of work so I imagine I'll miss it if he's on at the same time as Monday (around 12:45pm).
    I'm sure I just need to check the top risers in the top 200 and squad players to get a clue who he has mentioned πŸ€”πŸ˜ƒ

• Just been on. Only caught the end. Sounded much better today! Anybody hear it all?

• He came across a lot better today to be fair.

• it was quite good today - seemed like the presenters were starting to understand the concept and how money could be made which was pretty good. Its gonna be a weekly things so it can only be a good thing!

• What did they talk about?

• @Tom77 said in Talksport:

What did they talk about?

Football Index mate

• Mike focuses on a couple of the games coming up this weekend
    West Ham v arsenal
    Spurs v man united
    And mentioned a couple of players to look out for including Anderson @ West Ham who may benefit from arnautovic leaving.

He then talked about capital appreciation in certain players including pogba and the impressive cash totals that traders have been picking up via dividends.

Jim White and the other guys seemed to be very receptive and seemed to take it a lot more seriously this week

• I just listened to it, its very clear how people will not have a clue about it when Jim and the rest mocked the β€˜pence’ return.

Really needs %increases in the marketing not just Β£ and p.

I’m sure they will nail it though.

• I didn't listen today . From what has been said Mike came over alot better today. He didn't come across great earlier in the week, but I guess Jim White and the other guy didn't help, throwing stupid questions at him while he is trying to explain the index. If there at it again undermining the index. Thats not on. Is the index paying for this spot, I guess they are.

• @Tom77 Can you post a link to the replay?

• @Misto said in Talksport:

@Tom77 Can you post a link to the replay?

I'd love to hear it back too.

• Pleased I listened to this, would certainly get me interested as a newbie. Thought he did well especially when he tried to take the piss on the share dividends and he told him how much it equated to. Nice one FI

• I think if there's one thing we're all unfortunately aware of, it's that Mr Mike ain't errr a fantastic umm talker.

The air time is good though. More of these bits adding together. Notts County shirt sponsorship. Radio ads. Posters at stadiums. Motion. Good stuff FI.

• @Lukeroro said in Talksport:

I think if there's one thing we're all unfortunately aware of, it's that Mr Mike ain't errr a fantastic umm talker.

The air time is good though. More of these bits adding together. Notts County shirt sponsorship. Radio ads. Posters at stadiums. Motion. Good stuff FI.

I managed to catch it live on the way to work and found myself cheering him on "come on Mike, you can do it lad, get to the point, come on fella, confidence Mike, confidence!" etc.
    It was painful those first few minutes but he relaxed into it and eventually came off well. Definite improvement from Mondays first slot πŸ‘

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.