First share split

• Did you notice how long it took to sell your shares after they quadrupled?

I keep thinking its going to take ages with people having thousands to sell in a queue and its bugging me!

I suppose it makes a difference with how many users there are, I’d like to know what it was 3 years ago compared to now.

• It's the same amount of money still being spent / traded whether you have 1 Neymar in the queue at £20 or 4 Neymar's in the queue at £5.

Therefore, it shouldn't really make a difference.

After all, the share split is happening to encourage new users & extra money into the market, so if anything, the process could well speed up!

• Yeah I see what your saying, its going to look very weird with prices being so low and I guess people will buy more shares. It could become a problem though if prices do go up more and people will buy less until a dividend rise. There could easily be a period of stagnation.

• @Tom77 - When that stagnation occurs and the top players look fully valued, that is when FI will increase dividends.

• @Ericali said in First share split:

It's the same amount of money still being spent / traded whether you have 1 Neymar in the queue at £20 or 4 Neymar's in the queue at £5.

After all, the share split is happening to encourage new users & extra money into the market, so if anything, the process could well speed up!

One question is do a 100 futures still represent 1p price movement?
    Another question is why has nobody told Firmino to stop going to that bloody silly hairdressers?
    Yet one more question is what's the airspeed of an unladen African swallow?

Send replies to PO Box127, Cowdenbeath.

• @Ellisandro said in First share split:

@Ericali said in First share split:

It's the same amount of money still being spent / traded whether you have 1 Neymar in the queue at £20 or 4 Neymar's in the queue at £5.

Another question is why has nobody told Firmino to stop going to that bloody silly hairdressers?

I could answer all the above questions with ease, but unfortunately some unnamed middle-aged housewife on her period, who I affectionately call "Pleb" is down voting all my posts... 😱

So I will refrain from answering 😭😭😭

• Can you just answer the last one then? I have a sizeable wager with Bill at the Dog and Duck.

Can you just answer the last one then? I have a sizeable wager with Bill at the Dog and Duck.

I'm sorry, I shall take my font of knowledge with me to the grave.

@Ericali said in First share split:

It's not exactly 100 but in the ball park. Think it's more complicated than that.

After the share split, will obviously need far more than 100 to cause a price change.

• @mike778 if 4 ways surely its 400 for example. They will never tell us this mind you

• @Finlay77 said in First share split:

@mike778 if 4 ways surely its 400 for example. They will never tell us this mind you

You would think so but ..............

-Player Tom Jones gets IPOd at 20p
    -Trader Ross Dyer buys 2000 Tom Jones increasing the price by 20p to 40p (2000/100 = 20)
    -After a 4-way Share Split, Tom Jones is now 10p and Ross Dyer has 8000 futures, Tom Jones' IPO price is now essentially 5p
    -Ross Dyer sells his 8000 futures, what happens now ?

If it stays at 100 sales per 1p change as some people are hoping for (who hope the SS means more price movements) then Tom Jones drops 80p and is now trading at minus 70p. If it increases to 400 then that means that Tom Jones will drop by 20p (8000/400 = 20) and is now trading at minus 10p

So its not as straight forward as people think. For Tom Jones to get back to IPO (5p) if Ross Dyer sells up then it would have to be 1600 sales per price change.

It may be a case of 400 buys per increase and (number of futures/price above IPO) sales per decrease. Or something like that.

• @mike778 very well put, i definitely dont think its as straightforward as people think, hence why i dont think the neymars and pogbas are going to fly rapidly like alot are hoping for. Think ronaldos huge rise was 60p after the first split. People are counting on pounds this time round and i dont see that happening really.

• @mike778 ps how was that mexico holiday courtesy of media buzz mate?👍

• @mike778 hang on, in your first example if his price had gone up to 40p and he sold his 8000 to generate an 80p drop sure he would be minus 40p not minus 70p or have i massively missed something??

• @Finlay77 I was watching a football index scout video earlier and from the graphs shown it didn’t look like there was much movement in the big guns in the few months after the split, maybe just some slight growth. Fast forward 10 months though and they had risen back to their pre-split price. The examples they used were Ibra, Rooney, Kane and Ronaldo I think? We’ll replace those with Pogba, Salah, Mbappe and the same could happen again.
    I’ve seen a few of your posts around the mid-lower market and I think you’re quite right, there is a lot to be made from those players but I think the big guns will give a sound, solid investment. The idea of the share split is to make the top players more affordable. It’s also likely to coincide with marketing pushes to get new users, who are more likely to invest in bigger name, recognisable players. This will in turn push prices back up. The lower range such as Havertz, Jovic, Haller (bundesliga brigade!) will grow too, but in my view this will be from current traders and when the new traders become more experienced.
    For anyone expecting huge gains straight away, I think they will be disappointed, but for those of us who are looking at the longer game and will hold for 12 months, we should see some great returns I think.

• @GregF exactly what ive tried to say for weeks and weeks. I have no problem with stocking up the big boys, totally get it. But in my experience of the period between the last split and the dividend raise needed being the introduction of pb, i recall so much neglect on worthless holds that have made serious money if patient at the time. We have mb pb and g@a this time, not just 5p mb. Im going to use that evidence for what im going to do this time round. i believe rises will be quicker than last time but have said many times now that it isnt going to be as quick as people are thinking. I dont win huge dividends regularly like alot who hold the big boys, im fine with that. There are days when i feel a bit frustrated and dare i say bored with not winning much but i truly believe life works in cycles, and the patterns are the same as last time. My big gains are down the road and im focused on that. Great post Greg

• @Finlay77 from your posts I get the feeling your revenue comes from capital gains more than dividends? I think a fair few people on here treat G&A as a cheeky little bonus when it comes through too and I dare say that will be the same after the split too. The longer game is where the serious returns are. I value you sharing the lesser chaps, I’m sure there are more than just me and you profiting from your tips!

• @Finlay77 said in First share split:

@mike778 ps how was that mexico holiday courtesy of media buzz mate?👍

Good ta, the better half wants to go to India now though and Morocco.

• @9stevo said in First share split:

@mike778 hang on, in your first example if his price had gone up to 40p and he sold his 8000 to generate an 80p drop sure he would be minus 40p not minus 70p or have i massively missed something??

Because 40p is before share split. After the split it is 10p. But the futures multiply up to 8000.

I am assuming that FI model has worked all this out.

You might actually see less price movement after the share split. 100 is a nice round number to deal with. People may not want to trade in 400s.

• @GregF because i dont win media very often or have really nice pb payouts on a regular basis, i have to keep putting money in for what i envision will happen 6 months after the split. To do that more often than just my payday i matched bet regularly, put all of it into the index. When i make £6 off a £10 offer i view it as the equivalent of 12 media buzz wins if i held 10 neymars or pogbas. Its free money. When ive done enough offers or bet clubs over a few days to a week i withdraw it to put in here. Would love to have even 1000 to chuck in regularly but i dont. Gotta do it a different way!