Good FI News Amid Gatwick Nightmare!!!!

• Yep, I was caught up among the Gatwick chaos! Me and my sister were due to fly out to Jamaica for 2 weeks on the second day of the drone crisis. One day late, we was driven by coaches for a four hour journey to Birmingham International airport to eventually arrive in Montega Bay.

On NY Eve, I saw that my dividends had grown to £228.05 and there was a £524 profit from player appreciation. So I withdrew £752.05 whilst in the sun. Add this to the £600 I withdrew (a mixture of dividends/share sale) in the middle of December following the share split announcement, that made it a total of £1,352.05 for December.

There was a gas crisis in my home where I couldn't shut down an old gas cooker a week before Gatwick. I had to buy a new one and pay two separate engineers to solve it, costing £1k. That still left me with £352 to spend as I wish.

Nothing beats the Index. Even in a flat market, you can make an income from dividends.

• @Londoner Glad it ended well. Question is, would you have been trading if you weren't in the air? Sometimes leaving your portfolio alone is the best option.

• Well done to you. Just wondering, how do you withdraw in Jamaica? Would it be by using a VPN as I thought the index is blocked in non operating countries?

• Not sure if I should say this or not, but it’s probably something that needs bringing to FI’s attention...

I’m currently in St Lucia and was fully expecting to be unable to view my portfolio or trade for a fortnight. Indeed, when I tried to log in from my wife’s iPad I got an error message saying FI is unavailable in my location. However, when I looked on my phone, on which I am always logged in, I can trade freely.

I’m guessing the location check only happens at log-in, so if you are already logged into a device it doesn’t check where you are and doesn’t apply the restriction.

• @Coleyscrooge this is good to know, although now ruins all future holidays for anyone I go with!

• Hadn’t even considered this. I go to sSpain for 2 weeks on Tuesday and not sure how I can exist without the index nowadays

• Got to go to NYC for work week commencing Jan 28th......f!ckin typical missing out on lots of momentum as the transfer window closes

• This post is deleted!

• @Parvez112333 said in Good FI News Amid Gatwick Nightmare!!!!:

Got to go to NYC for work week commencing Jan 28th......f!ckin typical missing out on lots of momentum as the transfer window closes

Same, see you there! Not sure how the wife will manage the account in my absense, it’s be like having an inept and irrationally angry phone broker!

• @Ellisandro don't worry - I can run your portfolio for a small fee.

Promise I won't buy any Solanke's - as he's shiiiiite! 😉

• @Coleyscrooge Could be something along them lines. I did a few trade in Germany last month. I just logged in to check FI and I was excepting a error message or something. At the time it got me thinking was it unlocked because FI where getting ready to go live in Germany. Sadly not and I stopped trading after, someone on here said I could get a ban.

• @Ericali said in Good FI News Amid Gatwick Nightmare!!!!:

@Ellisandro don't worry - I can run your portfolio for a small fee.

Promise I won't buy any Solanke's - as he's shiiiiite! 😉

Yeah sure, i’d Come back and find I have 40,000 Victor Kovalenko...

• @Ellisandro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And 60,000 Sam Surridge's.

On a serious note, put Fulham to the sword today with a Harry Kane-esq penalty.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 I was in a hotel, in Jamaica. You have to be in aeroplane mode when in the air, so you can't trade. When you see a profit through player appreciation, you have to go for it, or it's gone. My portfolio is now -£50 from breaking even, so I made the right call.

• @TeamGB The app is blocked in countries where FI does not have a licence. The app tells you to go to footballindex.co.uk direct where you can trade being that the site is based in the UK.

• @Londoner Some airlines I’ve been on allow WiFi whilst in the air through their own service. And some people have been logging in abroad using a VPN to show they are in the UK. I’ve now done this personally but have read it on here. I don’t know if FI could know where you are based if you use a VPN.

• @Misto said in Good FI News Amid Gatwick Nightmare!!!!:

@Coleyscrooge Could be something along them lines. I did a few trade in Germany last month. I just logged in to check FI and I was excepting a error message or something. At the time it got me thinking was it unlocked because FI where getting ready to go live in Germany. Sadly not and I stopped trading after, someone on here said I could get a ban.

You won't be banned. The app is blocked in countries where FI does not have a licence. The app tells you to go to footballindex.co.uk direct where you can trade being that the site is based in the UK.