Denis Suarez

• @Victory said in Denis Suarez:

@Chris-J Xhaka is a defensive midfielder, recently played as a defender in some matches, same as Fabinho or Matic. This position is boring in FI point of view atm. All the risers in FI are in the attacking role. As said, why do we need to do the comparison? Just watch him playing couple games then see how the price change... sell, buy or hold is all up to you and your perception.

Its a debate about Denis Suarez so the comparison with players he is likely to be performing in the same ball park as is just as valid as any other point on this thread. (but with some pretty graphs thrown in)

Now whether you have to agree with it or not is entirely up to you

• I think with the influx of new members and the share split on the horizon many of the current and old school traders could fall victim to their old ways of thinking. All the method and mathematics can give you the edge and help you to calculate real values but all that could mean nothing if you dont try to think like a new member might and react.

Comparing players to others at the same club or similar position maybe be irrelevant if people want a player they will buy and i dont think dividends are driving people as much they should theres more money to be made on growth and although dividends should drive growth at the moment the market is growing regardless.

Based on this and the fact that suarez is the main transfer talking point this window ithink he has the potential to be a great hold purely based on growth potential. Im not basing any of this on football or gambling just purely on how people act

• Id have said Higuane's move to Chelsea was the biggest transfer story of the window how has his price fared since he moved to Chelsea?

• @Advinculas-Index but anyone coming in to this looking at a longterm bet would feel his age is against him. New members are goin to look for young, exciting and glamourous players that look like the next big thing. The same way ronaldo and david beckham took the world by storm its becoming more like the football x factor. The trend may change in time but it seems this is how it is just now

• By the way im in now way stating suarez is the next big thing i just think he might be a good hold for now.

• becoming an interesting topic this.. mixed opinion... seems like a few of you believe that growth in Suarez will be fueled by growth in FI... others look at the form of comparables to decide whether to invest or not, some think he'll be the answer to Arsenal's problems where I still hold my stance on just not thinking he's good enough...

My point being.. If he plays like I think he will over the course of the season, I don't see him making much more of a difference for Arsenal than someone like Mikhtaryan or Iwobi.. As for all the nice touches and belief in him that Barca have, I just don't think he has the pedigree to consistently do it in the EPL... But there's certainly a chance I could be wrong and if he does perform to the level he's capable of (ie a 8-10 goal a season maximum player) then he could rise in value...But I would think not my much more than he is?

The interesting point being... regardless of him being a good footballer or not and however many games he's played.. In one month he's shot up from 1.89 to 3.16 and now back at 2.72 with a couple of dividend wins so he is making money for holders... BUT... and a very big BUT I would suggest those that get out on top will be the ones that do best because 'IF' he plays a few games for Arsenal and people start to realise that after all he's not all that... then much bigger falls will continue for me?

His price needs to be sustainable.. whilst MB will dwindle.. Will he score enough goals to threat PB.. if he doesn't... then i only see his value going one way!!!

• @Black-wolf
    Thats a fair point re age and Higuan is probably a bad example , but i think this deal as with a lot of others will already have peaked because he transfer has been done so if you are buying in now you face a short term loss

I would add that there is no harm is trying to look through both the eyes of a new trader as well as utilising data and any other methods you may have picked up along the way when making a trade

i myself have only been on here a few months so i still see myself as falling into the new trader category

• @Advinculas-Index ive been here less time than you and ive found yourself and a few others advise priceless but im finding it really hard to ensure i stay fresh on here and dont fall into a pattern of buying players based on certain parameters. (And honestly in real life i am terrible for this due to OCD). I just think the key to this platform to really make money over the longterm is having the ability understand and adapt to trends and changes in the market and take advantage.

• @Black-wolf said in Denis Suarez:

@Advinculas-Index ive been here less time than you and ive found yourself and a few others advise priceless but im finding it really hard to ensure i stay fresh on here and dont fall into a pattern of buying players based on certain parameters. (And honestly in real life i am terrible for this due to OCD). I just think the key to this platform to really make money over the longterm is having the ability understand and adapt to trends and changes in the market and take advantage.

Talking of OCD...
    I went through my port today Market selling off odd numbered shares so all my port now has round numbers apart from Neymar who im trying to steadily build prior to the Share split

• The Arsenal squad is really average & Ramsey/Ozil, prob the most talented and interesting players are being frozen out - I think, sadly, it's a squad to avoid in general now. Similarly with Chelsea. Might as well buy Liverpool/Man U/talented youngsters in the PL and be done with it

• off topic sorry. His new team mates won't mind his signing if he brings his girlfriend to training.
    She seems to dislike wearing clothes for some reason 🤫 that will change when she realises British summers are worse than their winter's though🙄.

• @Advinculas-Index I think the OCD shit has gotten to me too, have 250 of 90% of my portfolio since today, just better be 4 x with SS or I'm screwed 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @Andy-M your reply has knocked my ocd to bits...:)))))

• @Advinculas-Index He showed nothing in his first 2 games, being sub in both, no goal, no assist, 1 big defeat (0-4). Chelsea has not been better with him while his old club, was thought to be weaker after the transfer, just won Napoli 2-0.

• @Victory Bit harsh after 2 games and you said in an earlier post about giving people a chance...just saying.....patience is a must on this platform

• @Advinculas-Index I was wondering why that screen shoot of your transaction. Had 1 and 2 shares being sold

• @Victory and his replace at AC Milan has scored more goals already that he did I his last 12 games for AC.

• @Weedster You are right. However, Higuain/Suarez price was pumped by their transfer. If they perform well in first few games, the rise will continue. Otherwise it will get back to where it was.

• @Andy-M ive had to change 40 and 100 hold limits to 50 and 100 in preparation for split which ever way it goes. Still getting used to it 😅

• Looks like media for him again today. Need him to play Sunday if he gets assist's or Goals can see him going to up nicely ☺️.