Belotti

• Noticed he’s had a decent rise today.

Any substance to this? can’t seem to find any transfer rumours to link to the rise but he will surely leave Torino at some point.

Looks pretty good value at £1.78 compared to the likes of Insigne & Immobile but not sure whether he is worth rushing to buy.

• Some FI trader posted loads of flattering stats about Belotti a few hours ago on Twitter singing his praises and sounds like he was planning to invest alot as apparently he couldn't believe his low price

• @Chris-J the difference between belotti and immobile and insigne is that the latter 2 are a lot more capable of hitting decent PB scores mate.

• Thanks for the points guys - I remember Belotti having a wonder season a couple of years back but hadn’t heard much since.

Will keep him on my watch list for now.

I reckon there will be a big striker merry go round in the summer with Benzema, Cavani, Higuain, Morata, Icardi amongst others being linked away - could be a decent replacement somewhere down the line.

• Watched Belotti a few times this season and he always impresses me. Absolutely tireless, leads by example and you can tell he has real quality. I expect he will leave Torino if not this Summer then the following year. He needs to get himself back in the Italy team too.

• @Static

Sorry, but the FI Trader was probably misleading people, because any experienced trader who spotted an opportunity and had lots of money to invest, would invest before going public on Twitter. They wouldn’t let the world know about a great opportunity and invest afterwards ( when prices were likely to be higher).

• @ocs123 oh I have no doubt he had motives for the posts, I had already invested in Belotti before seeing his posts.

To be honest I ignore most of what I see on Twitter with #footballindex because it's usually either people bragging "wow I started with £5000 and now my portfolio is worth £25000, thanks FI" or bogus tips made for personal gain.

• @Chris-J They could have sold him after that season, but Torino were holding out for a world record fee at the time.

• I've held Belotti for a while now. After i watched him score a breakaway goal against Udinese at the end of last season. Power, aggression and tireless Il Gallo is the heart of the Torino team, however he hasn't been scoring as consistently as before he got injured.

I have faith that Walter Mazzarri who's a particularly attacking manager will get the best out of this Torino team next season especially if they can keep Ola Aina, Falque et al.

• Aina could be one to keep an eye on, contract runs out this summer according to transfermarkt, I could see quite a few clubs being interested in him.

• Belotti's performance by year:

2015/16: Expected goals per 90: 0.48, Goals per 90: 0.41
    2016/17: 0.61, 0.76
    2017/18: 0.40, 0.34
    2018/19: 0.49, 0.37

2016/17 was his best year in terms of underlying stats and actual goals but he still massively outscored expectations (the only time in his career he has done so).

Players with better xg/90 states this season (Serie A only, 500+ minutes played)

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Josip Ilicic
    Arkadiusz Milik
    Mauro Icardi
    Duván Zapata
    Patrik Schick
    Edin Dzeko
    Dries Mertens
    Ciro Immobile
    Sergio Pellissier
    Fabio Quagliarella
    Joaquín Correa
    Krzysztof Piatek
    Khouma Babacar
    Francesco Caputo

PB scores are very poor (negative PB base on occasion) and several of these are cheaper if you are looking for goals.

He's also scored three penalties so only has four goals from open play.

Belotti needs a big move (top side in Italy or Premier League) to increase his ability to win dividends (and therefore his price) but if I was running the numbers for a big club I would question paying the £30 million+ Torino would demand.

• Definitely one to keep an eye on for the summer, he is surely better than Torino and not doing himself any favours staying there in the long run.

Bit of a pump and dump though on him, already 6p down. So cheap though I’m sure he will go up over the summer.