Profit to be made on United fringe players?

• With United’s current form in the league and the apparent turn around of the club, I think there’s a really good opportunity to make money on United’s fringe players.

We’ve seen the likes of Rashford, Pogba, and even youth players such asGreenwood, Chong and Gomes all have big rises over the past few months. I wonder if some of the smaller priced players in United’s squad are now worth a punt?

Bar Lukaku and Martial who are both relatively low at the moment and will increase with form, the likes of Herrera, Lindelof, Young, Mctominay and Periera all sit around the £1 mark. If United’s form continues and they have a good result against Spurs, realistically these could all shoot up in price. Especially if the goals stay out.

Dalot also looks a good prospect at just 19 years of age with bags of potential, he’s currently at £2.27 and I can see him shooting up with a good run of form.

What do you guys think? Will a result against Spurs see Uniteds squad players shoot up?

• I still think Lingard is still under priced. Plenty of potential for him to rise. Same with Martial as there is always the possibility of 1 of the other big clubs in europe coming for him whereas i feel rashford and lingard are more home birds with less chance of a move

• Herrera, what he does on a pitch doesn’t really get picked up in terms of PB etc. He is always also battling with Pogba & Matic for the midfield PB. He isn’t really that interesting for the press so doesn’t do well with MB, G&A is also another area where I feel there is better value.

Lindelof, actually he is the one where I see a bit of price movement. He’s growing into what we thought he would be. Carries the ball out from the back and makes plenty of passes, when we start keeping clean sheets regularly he could snatch the odd PB, he just needs to add a few goals to his game for a major price rise.

Young, he is the weak link in the team at the minute. Gets booked far too often for stupid fouls and doesn’t get many goals these days, he will either be sold or have limited game time next season.

McTominay, I can’t make my mind up on this lad, 1 minute he looks bang average then other games he looks like he could be a new Darren Fletcher. However I don’t see much value for me.

Pereira, transfer links and a move away will be the only value in him. I had high hopes for him. But he hasn’t taken his chances this season. He will either be loaned or sold soon imo.

Obviously the above is my opinion so don’t take offence:)

• The problem with Lingard is that he is first to be dropped out of Martial/Rashford/Lingard when any of Lukaku/Sanchez/Mata come into the first team.

As his price is low he is more likely to get dumped when he doesn't start or has a bad game.

I agree on Lindelöf - He has cemented his place in the first team and will rocket with his next goal.

• Dalot could be very good, he looks like he could be good at crossing and getting up the pitch.
    I will be buying more Chong though when he hits a low price, the right wing spot is there for the taking next year.

• @Wino1 do not think Herrera will boost with a move to la Liga? He’s actually a solid player. I agree he’s overshadowed.
    Definetly think your right with Lindelof, if these clean sheets continue I can see him steadily moving up over the year.
    I think McTominay suffers when he’s in a slow midfield, I’d like to see him play with Pogba but I feel he has a really bright future and is only one or two good games before he’s back in the limelight. He’s hovering around £1 now and I think he’s definetly worth a punt.
    I don’t necessarily agree with your analysis of Pereira. He played very well at the start of the season and was dropped out when Matic returned from injury. I think he’s got the potential to be world class, he’s really hyped in Brazil. Think with more appearances under Ole his price will really take off. I think he’s where I’ll back my money at the minute

• @Chris-J hmm do you think Ole will favour Sanchez over Lingard at the moment? I’m not so sure.

• @Tom77 I agree with Dalot, he’s really low priced at the minute and I feel when more people cotton on his price will shoot up. Hmm, what price do you think you’ll buy Chong back at? I wonder if he will appear in the league in the next few months

• @RedTip I think there will be pressure from above to play and get the best out of Sanchez due to his high wages.

• @Chris-J I disagree as it would be the same situation with Lukaku and Rashford at the minute.

• @RedTip I'd hope Ole plays players on form and talent rather than wages, so Lingard would get the nod for me every time. I'm surprised there haven't been any rumours linking Sanchez with a move away. I would have thought he would be no1 priority to get off the wage bill, and he hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant the amount he's raking in.

• I think he will end up playing a 3 of Martial, Lukaku & Rashford

• Rojo is cheap

• @Ericali I think you may be right, but does that mean playing Rash as a wide striker who drifts in, or pushing Lukaku out wide and having Rash through the middle?

• @GregF in the games they have been on the pitch together under Solskjaer, (Vs Newcastle & Reading) it's been Lukaku through the middle and Rashford as the wide striker

• @GregF said in Profit to be made on United fringe players?:

@Ericali I think you may be right, but does that mean playing Rash as a wide striker who drifts in, or pushing Lukaku out wide and having Rash through the middle?

I generally think Rash is first choice down the middle and then Ole wants all 3 up top to interchange.

• Lukaku is never going to be starting for Man Utd unless it’s through the middle.

• @Wino1 said in Profit to be made on United fringe players?:

Lukaku is never going to be starting for Man Utd unless it’s through the middle.

It's through the middle. 👍

He has performed for Solskjaer with 3 goals in 1 start & 2 sub appearances & is too big an asset to be stuck on the bench.

Doesn't seem to cause trouble & by all accounts Solskjaer has been working with him to (I know it sounds stupid) but I quote "face the goal more" and run in behind defenders

• @GregF said in Profit to be made on United fringe players?:

@RedTip I'd hope Ole plays players on form and talent rather than wages, so Lingard would get the nod for me every time. I'm surprised there haven't been any rumours linking Sanchez with a move away. I would have thought he would be no1 priority to get off the wage bill, and he hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant the amount he's raking in.

The thing is no one really knows what he is earning. I've heard he is on the same wage as Pogba. Considering Sanchez will have a resale value of at least £40million I don't think they will be too concerned. I think Ole will back Lingard, he's keeping fans happy so far!

• @Ericali do you think he can get the best form out of Lukaku?