Sell queue

• Just now I made my first sale using the sell queue. . . And boy does it feel goooood!

It was only 20 shares in Eriksen but it's one of the few times I've sold at a healthy profit (I very rarely sell and, when I have done in the past, it's usually been dogshit impulse buys that have lost value steadily and I've been forced to IS)

Incidentally, I listed the Eriksen shares around 12:20pm and they were gone by 12:30! Nice.

Wondering who to invest these 100 clams into next now hmmm

• Given that there are now a lot of transfer rumours swirling around Eriksen (sadly, as a Spurs fan), I'd say there's still lots of potential in his price - hence why they were snapped up quickly.

• @kristiang85 said in Sell queue:

Given that there are now a lot of transfer rumours swirling around Eriksen (sadly, as a Spurs fan), I'd say there's still lots of potential in his price - hence why they were snapped up quickly.

There probably is more to come but I am just happy to get out well in profit on a player I bought small numbers in almost 30 days ago (he is one of 5 players I have/had as part of a g&a quick flip rotating system - it's working so far! šŸ˜Š)

Given that there are now a lot of transfer rumours swirling around Eriksen (sadly, as a Spurs fan), I'd say there's still lots of potential in his price - hence why they were snapped up quickly.

Also, I'm glad I got out now because his rise is based on transfer rumours and this is one thing about FI I'm yet to fully understand - when rumours of a transfer circulate then everyone piles in and the price rises. Then, when the transfer goes through, the price drops sharply again. Why? Why sell? Why buy in the first place? I just don't get it
    Any clarification would be greatly appreciated šŸ˜Š

• @ScouseSte I still haven't quite worked that one out myself! I think pre-transfer, there is lots of speculation which leads to media interest, therefore potential MB. But the big drop off is a mystery.

@ScouseSte I still haven't quite worked that one out myself! I think pre-transfer, there is lots of speculation which leads to media interest, therefore potential MB. But the big drop off is a mystery.

Correct, but there is no mystery. Once the transfer is done there's notably less written about it so they're not going to win MB.

If it's a big player moving into the Premier League, into a big team, the price is likely to hold up better because they are still going to stand a good chance of MB wins. Otherwise, it makes sense to first ride the transfer rumour wave upwards, then take the profits and reinvest elsewhere.

Pulisic is the exception that proves the rule: the 6-month delay in his arrival means people are using profits on him elsewhere.

• @lotsofgoats said in Sell queue:

@kristiang85 said in Sell queue:

@ScouseSte I still haven't quite worked that one out myself! I think pre-transfer, there is lots of speculation which leads to media interest, therefore potential MB. But the big drop off is a mystery.

Correct, but there is no mystery. Once the transfer is done there's notably less written about it so they're not going to win MB.

If it's a big player moving into the Premier League, into a big team, the price is likely to hold up better because they are still going to stand a good chance of MB wins. Otherwise, it makes sense to first ride the transfer rumour wave upwards, then take the profits and reinvest elsewhere.

Pulisic is the exception that proves the rule: the 6-month delay in his arrival means people are using profits on him elsewhere.

This only fuels my confusion. .. Eriksen is/was never going to win any MB so that's why I don't understand the rise based on transfer speculation.
    Is it because many of the people buying in to him don't realise he's pretty much worthless as an MB earner and it's a case of sheep following sheep... over a cliff?

• @ScouseSte I think that is true to a degree. An experienced trader, or one who has studied the way the index works in greater detail (maybe using Edge, IndexGain etc.), could play it one of two ways:

1. You genuinely believe in the MB value of the player, at least through the period of transfer rumours, and have an expected dividend return (and a price in mind that you think justifies that return)
    2. You're aware that the price will rise simply because other people see people buying, so you get on early and off at the right time.

I agree that Eriksen isn't good for MB normally, but I think if he moved that would be a pretty big story. Plus, if he moved it'd be to a European giant, which would be good for PB prospects as well assuming he was going to play regularly.

Basically I've convinced myself that there are lots of different factors, but thats largely how I see it :D

• I brought 250 at around that time the mans well undervalued defiantly wrong decision ,

• @ScouseSte said in Sell queue:

@kristiang85 said in Sell queue:

Also, I'm glad I got out now because his rise is based on transfer rumours and this is one thing about FI I'm yet to fully understand - when rumours of a transfer circulate then everyone piles in and the price rises. Then, when the transfer goes through, the price drops sharply again. Why? Why sell? Why buy in the first place? I just don't get it
    Any clarification would be greatly appreciated šŸ˜Š

Arguing with an idiot, is like playing chess with a pigeon.

Just go with the flow..... šŸ‘

• @NewUser145896 said in Sell queue:

I brought 250 at around that time the mans well undervalued defiantly wrong decision ,

I made the wrong decision? Ok
    I bought at Ā£4.25 a share and sold at Ā£4.71 (46p profit per share)

You've must have bought at around Ā£4.71 a share then if it was the same time I sold...
    So If you manage to sell at anything over Ā£5.17 (46p profit) then I'll tip my hat to you sir.
    If not, well, I'll just keep my thoughts to myself šŸ˜‰

• I've topped up my Eriksen. Could walk into any team in the world and is still to reach his peak. And that's coming from a Gooner. Just my 2p

• @yulogy said in Sell queue:

I've topped up my Eriksen. Could walk into any team in the world and is still to reach his peak. And that's coming from a Gooner. Just my 2p

True, it's just that I never bought him as a long term hold, it was just a few quid thrown at him to get me some G&A and hopefully enough of a raise to get out at the end of the 30 days with a tiny profit if poss. Got a little more than I expected, so that trade went well. It's now been reinvested in tonight's game šŸ‘€

I'm actually a long-term trader at heart but recently I designated a quarter of my portfolio funds for 30 day trading - it's really working well, even with the odd loss here and there, my long term holds are solid and getting stronger šŸ’ŖšŸ».

I hope Eriksen rises to at least Ā£6/7 for you šŸ‘šŸ»

• Hahaha! I was happy with my Eriksen trade and put the money into.....Gaetan Laborde!!!

SENT OFF AFTER 20 MINS šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away šŸ˜”

• @ScouseSte

do what i did when hojbjerg got sent off against man city
    wait for him to bottom out and get some more of him

• @Advinculas-Index
    I got out immediately.
    Small loss.
    It happens.
    šŸ˜