Portfolio 💥 booming

• Over the last two weeks I’m pretty sure most people’s portfolios are just going up and up! Just a question, is this good for FI as a business?

• @TeamGB said in Portfolio 💥 booming:

Over the last two weeks I’m pretty sure most people’s portfolios are just going up and up! Just a question, is this good for FI as a business?

Of course it is, money is getting pumped into so many different players that in reality will return next to nothing in dividends.. for example

The rise and fall of joe willock - divs £0
    The rise and fall of Chong - divs £0
    The rise and minor fall of CHO - divs 5p

Add in all the other players that money is getting pumped into with minimal pay outs for FI the business is absolutely booming and if we want a dividend increase this will do them no harm. Football index is in a very good place right now and I can’t wait to see what’s next

• I am attributing some of this boom to the "Try January" offer, so I expect a sizeable drop off when it's near the end as those who decide FI isn't for them walk away and get their money back.

• @ScouseSte
    I suspect that will be an insignificant %age though i do expect there to be some slight dip going to feb after the transfer window closes but who knows how much it will have risen before then and especially going into the final day of jan when there will be widespread intense speculation.

• It's a fine indicator that people don't just buy and hold players based on their dividend potential in the current format. We are buying because other people are also doing the same, and in the hope that over time constantly improving dividend pay outs will suit our holds, particularly after the share split. FI are in a great position now and need to ensure they get their next few changes right in order to allow us all to benefit and prosper. 😎

• Why would it not be good for FI?
    The more players bought means more money into FI - if you think about an IPO, all the money invested goes to FI, as this is not traders selling, its a brand new player. When prices increase, its not all due to traders buying off each other, if I wanted to buy 100 Neymar on a rise for example, I wouldn’t have to wait until someone wanted to sell, I could buy from FI. Thus, giving FI more revenue.
    When I sell, I either sell to a fellow trader (giving 2%commission to FI), or sell at a reduced cost to FI, with them making commission and the difference between the value and the IS value.
    Either way, the house always wins with trading.

• @ScouseSte Really? I don’t see a sizeable drop as there’s so much anticipation about the share split. I don’t feel anyone should be withdrawing on putting buying more shares on hold anytime soon. I feel this is a unique situation and one all already involved will reap great rewards from. I feel it’s a little bit like the early days of Bitcoin on here still.

• @Advinculas-Index

Hope so 👍🏻

• @ScouseSte pure speculation here but do you think the share split will coincide with the end of this offer?
    If I’m thinking of leaving, but hey presto I log in and now have 4x the number of shares, prices go up, and I’m in profit, i’ll be more tempted to stay?

• The other reason which will influence people staying is the 30 Day G&A cash that they will be giving up by leaving prior to it landing in their account

• @TeamGB said in Portfolio 💥 booming:

@ScouseSte Really? I don’t see a sizeable drop as there’s so much anticipation about the share split. I don’t feel anyone should be withdrawing on putting buying more shares on hold anytime soon. I feel this is a unique situation and one all already involved will reap great rewards from. I feel it’s a little bit like the early days of Bitcoin on here still.

I don't think newbies who've signed up this month will be fully at home on FI yet so a share split is likely to be insignificant to them right now as they find their feet - any newbie who has not profited much this month can get out with a full refund.

Anyway I think I'm just chatting crap now, I'll shut up.

• Gregf I can’t find the post on Twitter but I’ve added it on here before. Apparently something might be happening on the 23rd of January. No idea if it’s the split but there’s some indication of some changes at that time.

• @TeamGB I think I’ve seen that. I have a feeling the reason it references the 23rd is because there’s only a week left of Jan at that point. The money back deposit thing is a week isn’t it? Otherwise if you sign up on the 27th for example, part of your ‘try January’ is actually in Feb.

Saying that, 23rd is good for me so I’d be happy if it happened then! I think it will happen at the end of a month so more people will have been paid, and more money can go into the index. I have been known to be wrong before though...

• I can’t see people cashing out and leaving after the try jan promotion, I had a look at the decrease lists today and not many were down, overall the index is flying and a lot of people will see it as easy money and want to stay long term.

• Could be partly due to people putting money back into Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga players after the winter break? I know my portfolio dropped heavily before Christmas because of this so I am very glad to see it return.

• There's also a heavy investment in young English talent - foden and sessegnon are racing up today!