Wonderkids in Non-PB leagues

• There are a few decent wonderkids playing in non-pb leagues at the moment, such as Joao Felix, Jann-Fiete Arp, Kasper Dolberg (I hold the first two) - and a fair few others, who are floating around the £2ish region. I don't see a move happening for these players in the next 6 months or so, possibly in the summer, where they are sure to double in price, but can I get peoples advice on whether they are essentially dead money until then?

Even after a move to a decent top European side, they could be playing backup to a big name (L.Martinez - Icardi) and as such pb and mb prospects could look just as bleak.

I'm struggling to work out if it's a safer bet in somebody like Rashford, who although expensive may still double in price in 6 months, and return dividends on the way.

Thoughts please?

• @BeanDrown I hold the last 2 and for me it's part of the search for the next big thing. It may be dead money but IF they do take off it's good to know you were there first. Each to their own but I hold shares in established players also in my attempt to diversify my portfolio and also keep the dividends ticking over. There's plenty of wonderkids touted on this forum, most will probably not make it. that for me is the fun part and also the research part.

• @BeanDrown said in Wonderkids in Non-PB leagues:

if it's a safer bet in somebody like Rashford, who although expensive may still double in price in 6 months, and return dividends on the way.

Why would Rashford double in 6 months, even with an assumed SS benefit? Already over £8 & aiui his dividend return is meagre at best. Looks massively over priced already & even assuming new users pile into him the idea he might be the equivalent of £16/17 by next summer appears fanciful but good luck to those who hold him.

• @NewUser159387 I hold Rashford and while I agree alot with what you are saying. These thing have been said time and time again.

"no way i'm paying £5 for Neymar, way over priced"
    "£5 for Sancho, he's never worth that when you look at X player"
    "£10 will be the ceiling on the top players"
    "Already over £8 & aiui his dividend return is meagre at best. Looks massively over priced "

• @NewUser159387 you are looking at it wrong. I don’t hold Rashford, so this isn’t biased.

You mention the SS, yet you fail to split his price.

Someone owning 10 @ £8.36, a 4 way split would leave them with 40 & £2.09.

You tell me why in 6 months if the index grows as it has been and that Rashford is still in or around his current form that he won’t be £4.18?

• @NewUser159387 said in Wonderkids in Non-PB leagues:

Why would Rashford double in 6 months, even with an assumed SS benefit?

Because he's already doubled in the last 6 months without the SS - Fully confident he could do that again.

• Anyway, that's just enhanced my point - I think Rashford has the potential to double, but some people don't. I think most people would agree a wonderkid in a non pb league trading at £2 pre SS can easily double in 6 months with a move.

However, Rashford has a much much higher chance of returning dividends currently. What's actually the more risky investment between for example Rashford or Jann-Fiete Arp?

• @BeanDrown said in Wonderkids in Non-PB leagues:

he's already doubled in the last 6 months

Which reinforces my point why it is unlikely to happen again, especially without the driving force of dividend income. How much PB/MB has he collected in those 6 months? As for a SS effect it's still all relative if dividends are cut by the same factor then he is still just as expensive (although his price will LOOK cheaper to the uninitiated I accept).