Oh ban-suk

• Que the jokes.....lol, But seriously this guy has shot up by 125.25% any reasons why ??

• Aye cause there is some absolute mongs on here!

• Lol.....@ "mongs" feel guilty now

He's now @ 138% what sort of money causes that type of rise.

• i was actually looking at the Asian Cup squads yesterday for a bargain but looking at this one he's not even in the Korean squad for that tournament??? a 30 year old korean centre half playing in Saudi Arabia?? He's now more than bloody Luis Advincula!!!!!!!!

• The value of a low price player like that can easily double or treble.

30p rise, 100 shares for every 1p rise at and average share price of 40p.

30 x 100 = 3000 shares purchased at an average cost of £0.4 = £1200 total invested

• by the way on another note some GREAT coaches in the 2019 Asian Cup...

Lippi
    Eriksson
    Queroz
    Cuper

To name a few..

• The way I assume it goes (but I'm still pretty new) is that someone finds a player who is still playing and is priced around 25-35p. They pump money into him to get him to become the highest riser. New people or gullible people see said player topping the risers list and think people must be investing for a reason and that there must be something they don't know. They put money in, increasing his price more.

The person who kicked it off sells up at 45-50p doubling their money and everyone else sits on a loss.

If you buy this guy now you are basically handing your money over to those who bought him cheaper. He will be back at 30p tomorrow or Friday.

It's been happening alot with south Americans lately I've noticed, random 29 year old Peruvians doubling in value and then going back down.

• @Cameron-Duffy said in Oh ban-suk:

Aye cause there is some absolute mongs on here!

Quote of the day!

• happened to Junior Lokosa a week or two back.. Nigerian striker & top scorer in the NPFL playing in Africa but desperate to get a trial to play in the Norwegian league.. i've kept tabs on him but at this moment in time he offers completely NO VALUE to the index...

Went from 0.25 to 0.42 in the space of a day and then back down to 0.30 (no doubt some folk have been burnt and stuck with him)...

For what its worth he might one day get that move but the reason he spiked recently was pure pump & dump!!!!

• Classic, unashamed pumping and dumping. It happens regularly - some traders create a bubble on a 20p player, new users see a massive percentage increase and pile in without research - but get left holding a worthless asset when the original cartel dump their shares.

• His price has dropped consideribly in last 30 mins

• It happened with Martin Kelly of Palace yesterday - went from £0.42 - £0.62 - now almost back where he started!

• @dannypea I have faith in him! I was holding him at 24p before that 'pump and dump' and it was tempting to withdraw when he hit .40, but I do have faith a European team will take a gamble on him (although that Norwegian trial didn't work out).

The major issue is the Nigeria league isn't playing right now, so he can't really show much.

• @kristiang85 i took a punt on during the last international window before cutting my losses but really could have done with an Africa cup of Nations to give him a fighting chance of upward movement? as you mention investing now should be dead money but say prior to the summer window he may be worth a gamble for none holders as you certainly won't lose much and if he keeps scoring like he's done it'll only be a matter of time before teams in Europe take a look.

Pure speculation though but really low risk so why not???

• @dannypea Exactly. I have 21 futures in him at £5.04. Its a very small amount of money. But imagine if he's selected for the African Nations, and impressed a European team, and is signed up in a PB league - all BIG IFs, then (assming 4-way share split) I could have 84 shares in a £1+ player, so an overall profit of £80.

If there's no movement by the end of summer, I'll just IS and lose minimal pence. But worthwhile for a small chance of getting £50+ maybe.

• @kristiang85 this makes no sense. £80 profit how? When the share split comes you will have 84 shares of a 6p player. Why is he suddenly £1 after a share split? That would make him £4 pre-share split? £80 profit off a £5 investment? I'm confused.

Or are you hoping that he will go from 6p to £1 by playing well at African nations and moving to Europe?

• @Static said in Oh ban-suk:

@kristiang85 this makes no sense. £80 profit how? When the share split comes you will have 84 shares of a 6p player. Why is he suddenly £1 after a share split? That would make him £4 pre-share split? £80 profit off a £5 investment? I'm confused.

Or are you hoping that he will go from 6p to £1 by playing well at African nations and moving to Europe?

Yeah that's what I mean (last line) - I play this game with long term thinking :P

• I usually ignore these pump & dump players, but I'm doing an experiment to see if I can actually make money from ban-suk. I bought 100 shares@0.38 about 15 minutes ago. He's already increased to £0.43.

• @Londoner said in Oh ban-suk:

I usually ignore these pump & dump players, but I'm doing an experiment to see if I can actually make money from ban-suk. I bought 100 shares@0.38 about 15 minutes ago. He's already increased to £0.43.

Sell now...

• @Londoner remember 1p of that increase was you, and when you list your shares it will drop by 1p too