Clarification on IPO prices

• Can a player’s price go below his IPO price? This is a question I’ve heard asked a few times but one that always receives conflicting answers.

It would make logical sense to me if a player couldn’t sink lower than his IPO price because seemingly you can’t take more money out of him than that which was invested.

Please only answer of you know for certain so to avoid more misinformation being spread.

Thanks

• @Etch86

Yes you're correct but that price changes with any share split & the initial price, say 70p is driven up by bots to say 120 as soon as listed so the graph can be misleading.

• @Etch86 said in Clarification on IPO prices:

Can a player’s price go below his IPO price? This is a question I’ve heard asked a few times but one that always receives conflicting answers.

It would make logical sense to me if a player couldn’t sink lower than his IPO price because seemingly you can’t take more money out of him than that which was invested.

Please only answer of you know for certain so to avoid more misinformation being spread.

Thanks

Bear in mind that whilst the trading/buy price doesn't drop below IPO, the IS price can and will do.

The player who died had the IS price drop to 1p. The same "might" happen if a player retires. If that happens then you nobody will buy player off you so the trading price is irrelevant it will be the IS price that matters.

• @mike778 said in Clarification on IPO prices:

@Etch86 said in Clarification on IPO prices:

Can a player’s price go below his IPO price? This is a question I’ve heard asked a few times but one that always receives conflicting answers.

Thanks

Bear in mind that whilst the trading/buy price doesn't drop below IPO, the IS price can and will do.

The player who died had the IS price drop to 1p. The same "might" happen if a player retires. If that happens then you nobody will buy player off you so the trading price is irrelevant it will be the IS price that matters.

Agreed. Your player is truly only worth the IS price minus 2%. Proves why diversity is the key!!!

• @CraigM Totally agree Craig, I think a lot of newbies just look at their portfolio and think they're quids in. They really need to understand what you're saying in order to get a better picture of where they're at. Hence I have my spreadsheet with all this built in.

• Take a look at Tonny Vilhena. Is he currently 1p below his IPO? Looks like IPO was £1.52 and he is now down to £1.51 (and still overpriced imo)

• @Etch86 said in Clarification on IPO prices:

Can a player’s price go below his IPO price?

No.

• @Static His IPO was £1.50

• @playingcards1 Thank you.