Ronaldo £2.48 vs Neymar £4.77

• If a new user logs into FI after share split and sees Ronaldo At £2.48 vs Neymar at £4.77 what would they think?

Would they be thinking I’ll take a gamble on Ronaldo at £2.48?

Trying to work out the psychology of new users post share split.

Thoughts?

• I'm 5 months in ...so understand FI now....me coming in green with £200 would fancy 20 CR7 & 10 Messi ... & remainder on dog shit that gets binned week later when I understand Think Neymar & Pog may think expensive....little do they know & wish

• New users may well buy Ronaldo but new users arent pumping in thousands of pounds straight away which is required to budge his price significantly and once they understand the 'game' I think they will steer clear.

If I bought Ronaldo years ago and he was essentially risk free Id be keeping him as a punt but for a new user the risks involved are massive. Hes old, no longer playing in a free scoring team, lost free kicks, has a rape case hanging over him, PB scores are good but not great and theres a significant threat over his capital appreciation.

Anyone lumping into Ronaldo now has bigger balls than me

• @Wilba said in Ronaldo £2.48 vs Neymar £4.77:

New users may well buy Ronaldo but new users arent pumping in thousands of pounds straight away which is required to budge his price significantly and once they understand the 'game' I think they will steer clear.

If I bought Ronaldo years ago and he was essentially risk free Id be keeping him as a punt but for a new user the risks involved are massive. Hes old, no longer playing in a free scoring team, lost free kicks, has a rape case hanging over him, PB scores are good but not great and theres a significant threat over his capital appreciation.

Anyone lumping into Ronaldo now has bigger balls than me

He's yesterday's news. All hangs on the last 16 tie with Athletico Madrid, if Juventus lose that you can put him in the £5-6 bin.

Too big a gamble on a two-legged tie.

• @Rob Great post. For new punters, both are very attractive. Neymar going to have one more big move in him at least. Plus he has so many years on Ronaldo to balance things out.
    Ronaldo top name in whole of Serie A-in top team. So he has mileage still.