Transfer blog from whoscored

• Whoscored are integrating FI metrics in their transfer blog .
    Looks like FI and Whoscored partnership will drive additional interest

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/TuP_kMB7lESdrEaeb22RoA/Show/Transfer-live-blog-January-10th-Liverpool-eye-new-centre-back-while-City-keen-on-West-Ham-teen

• Interesting!

I note that in general the blog has a negative tone about investing. This is, broadly, the right advice to people who are deciding who to invest in during the transfer window - if it's already a big story often the value is already gone. Yet that means it's not necessarily the best advert for the Index for people who haven't heard of it before!

The transfer window is an exciting time for traders to be joining, but the potential for being burnt is quite big for the unsuspecting. Let's hope Try January leads to sustained investment in the platform, rather than scaring too many off.

• I got lucky with sanchez last year. I haven’t brought anyone this year specifically for the window as its so easy to loose money,
    My advice would be to put money in decent bundesliga/LaLiga players and make a little bit of ROI. I still think there is a bit more growth from the winter break.

• @Willie-Mink said in Transfer blog from whoscored:

Interesting!

I note that in general the blog has a negative tone about investing. This is, broadly, the right advice to people who are deciding who to invest in during the transfer window - if it's already a big story often the value is already gone. Yet that means it's not necessarily the best advert for the Index for people who haven't heard of it before!

The transfer window is an exciting time for traders to be joining, but the potential for being burnt is quite big for the unsuspecting. Let's hope Try January leads to sustained investment in the platform, rather than scaring too many off.

yeah I agree with this. By the time they publish such article the boat has massively gone!

I like what they are doing but should go down a slightly different path saying "X Footballer has risen 10% on the back of these rumours so investers on Football index were well rewarded" or similar rather than just saying not to invest

• I believe WhoScored's independent approach is right. It's their name and reputation on the line. We are greedy and biased!

• Any publicity is good publicity.

They seem to be saying don't invest in these players - @Ollie nail on the head - but it's also showing FI is being looked at by bigger media outlets.