I remember when....

• Thought it might be interesting to hear from the more experienced posters on here and to look back at the early/ earlier days and opportunities you've had but missed (or taken if you want to brag).

I don't have anything too impressive to start. Best I can do....

I remember when Pogba was priced at £5.50 (Spring/ Summer 2018) and I considered him overpriced and poor value for money. I still do and stubbornly refuse to buy because of this regret.

• I thought Jack Grealish hit his ceiling at 1.40 or so before the playoffs. Didn't see Villa going up and couldn't imagine him rising like he did, particularly without moving.

• I remember buying Mbappe at £1.20 and selling at £2.00 because I didn’t think he’d get media at Real Madrid... :(

And many other similar examples with Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo etc.

I also have this email from FI in January 2017 when they started doing weekly communications....

0_1547161695259_005EA31A-3536-4210-972D-B6E10970DB0E.jpeg

• @playingcards1 I wonder how long before he's back down at 1.74!

• Well Pogba used to be £1 in 2016. Just look on Twitter to see some people are up an insane amount who’ve held him since then. I saw one guy had 1500 shares at £1.60 odd.

• @TeamGB Wow!

• @TeamGB Another guy on Twitter had 5000 Pogba’s at £3. Dirty bastard now has £20-£30k profit. And think about the dividends! 😩

• I'd call him a clever guy.

• @Valhalla

Very true, but remember a lot of the early adopters were putting in their money when the Index was poorly capitalised (i.e. mega volatile) and there was only a 5p MB payout. So those prices look really cheap but it was for 5p compared to 47p on a treble day currently. They took a chance on something that could have collapsed rapidly.

I reckon in a few years the prices of today will look laughably cheap as well :)

• @playingcards1 true. These early punters are due their rewards.
    But just imagine u owned 5000 pogs and he won 0.18p star player...that would be a £900 dividend payout. Holy Moses...and just a standard 0.05p media dividend a whopping £250. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🤢🤮

• @Valhalla said in I remember when....:

@TeamGB Another guy on Twitter had 5000 Pogba’s at £3. Dirty bastard now has £20-£30k profit. And think about the dividends! 😩

Must be a lot more than 30k mate, £13 profit x 5000 👌🏻

• I remember back in 2016 when I thought to myself "this Sofiane Boufal looks like he could be the next Payet/Mahrez that an English club will snap up", so I had the thought of buying shares in him (before knowing about FI), I searched "buy shares in footballers" and ended up signing up to FI. I searched for Boufal, he didn't exist, so I closed the page and forgot about it. Two years later (August 2018) I started seeing ads online for football index, so I logged in again and actually bought players this time 😂 looking back at the emails I got advertising the likes of Messi and Ronaldo at less than £2 is heartbreaking. It was the biggest mistake of my life.

• @DanD

Bad luck mate; at least you got back on eventually!

I missed about 4 months after signing up because I never got round to send proof of ID.

• @DanD ouch. That would have hurt anybody 😄 I bet you wince every time u see Neymar and co now

• Had 100 ramos at 80p when defenders were worthless and so was anyone outside the prem. I was impatient and even though i knew that one day fi would make them valuable i grew bored waiting then had to sell up including 35 neymars due to real life problems and needing money asap. Didnt come back for a long time. When i did.... 😢

• Had 200 Vinicius at 86p, still have 50 left but can't believe I went so early!

• 100 mbappe at original ipo must have been £1.60 ish, sold them all for 2.30 or something. I have made every mistake there is to make on this.
    If only I had done this done that i would have a serious amount of money in here.

• @TeamGB said in I remember when....:

Well Pogba used to be £1 in 2016. Just look on Twitter to see some people are up an insane amount who’ve held him since then. I saw one guy had 1500 shares at £1.60 odd.

Pioneers! Fair play to those insightful chaps and chapesses 👌🏻

• Spending a good 6 months refusing to buy ramos, ronaldo and messi because i have a personal dislike of them. Now own all 3 due to the returns

• @Noirx4 said in I remember when....:

Spending a good 6 months refusing to buy ramos, ronaldo and messi because i have a personal dislike of them. Now own all 3 due to the returns

Has it softened your attitude to them...?