Friday 17th Bargains

• At first glance I thought what a crock of sh*t, might as well have a day off THEN after a little bit of research came across some belter's.

40p
    Karol Linetty, 22, 3 goals in the last 5 for resurgent Sampdoria.
    Rony Lopes, 21, goalscoring regular starter for Monaco, enough said.

60p
    Remy Cabella, St Etienne number 10 on loan from Marseille, regular goalscorer with Avg PPG of 53!
    Chris Wood, Dark horse pick, Burnley doing well and he's got a decent goal ratio wherever he's played.

70p
    Lucas Ocampos, red hot form playing every minute for Marseille, EL factor, 5 goals in 10, only 23. Star pick for tomorrow!
    Ever Banega, Sevilla number 10, slightly elder statesman but still good for 3 years and amazing stats for PB including a ridiculous Avg PPG of 95! in the Champions League.

80p
    Divock Origi, feels like he's been around for years but still only 22 and now running at 4 in 8 in the league. Just need Wolsfburg to stop drawing games!
    Vincent Aboubakar, WHAT A GOALSCORER, incredible record for Porto but it all depends on whether you think he'll get a move to one of the big 5 leagues!

Still some to research but Linetty, Lopes, Cabella, Ocampos and Banega are top drawer for their prices!

• @Agatello I thought exactly the same when I first looked at the list I thought it was pointless. Completely agree with some of the picks in her and would also add in Pedro Rigas. He's averaging 57 passes a game at a good completion rate and he also has 7 goals in 59 games for Las Palmas which is good for a Defender. Just hope I can get him at a good price tomorrow.

• Can definitely see your point, that's a good combo for a defender.
    On the flip side Las Palmas are pretty sh*t so he'll miss out on the win bonus more than 75% of the time, however if he's pivotal when they do win a pb victory could be possible.

Another thing that p*sses me off if the markets obsession with youth. I've noticed 17-21 yr olds make the biggest gains, even over proven goalscorers. Yes one or two will eventually be the next big thing and they'll be with £5+ but i think it makes sense to get on that train when they're playing regularly and scoring (Oyarzabal).

How often do yesterday's Freddy Adu, Ravel Morrisson etc amount to nothing.

You can only keep futures for 3 years before they need recycling so to me 30 and under are equally as valuable (unless you're a media bandit of course looking for transfer activity).

So although i don't personally agree with it Bigas's age even at 27 will go against him.

Check out Banega, World Cup bound, CL/EL with Seville, amazing Baseline and hardly about to retire.... he should be 1.50+ as a minimum but i bet he hardly moves.

Rant over ;-)

• Penny Stocks backed your man Bigas!

• @Agatello I can understand why people have avoided him as he will hardly ever get the win or clean sheet bonus but at that price only 1 PB Returns will be a very good ROI. Hoping he stays this price when everyone's rollled out cos I'll definitely be picking more up.

• 100% agree with you on Ever Banega his stats are pretty similar to John Stones, £1.50 easy in my opinion and that is still cheap if he scores anything close to his stats suggest.

• Correction on John Stones Banega, being a midfielder, has the second highest passes complete, only beat by Sergio Busquets. (£1.81)

• I has a cheeky punt of De Blasis last night based on a "pick on the whipping boys" methodology with Mainz at home v Cologne.

I looked into Toulouse too being at home to Metz, only person i could see was Issa Diop (mentioned by someone on earlier threads), didn't go for it as he's a similar price to some great defenders.

Using a similar ethos, I am very tempted to buy some more Rigoni's. Zenit are at home v Vardar on Thursday and they will probably hammer them. Rigoni's a slightly safer bet than Dzuyba cos he's a lot younger and in the Argentina squad whereas Dzuyba is strangely out of favour with Russia and not even 1st choice with Zenit.

• Toulouse GK Lafont had another good game. 18 years old and only 39p. I've got a fair few shares but tempted to double down, he'll definitely be talked up for a move at some point with possible rumblings as early as January. Thoughts?

• I'm staying away from all goalkeepers myself, the only way I can see them being worth anything is if they get a category all to themselves when there's enough of them.

• @Agatello said in Friday 17th Bargains:

I'm staying away from all goalkeepers myself, the only way I can see them being worth anything is if they get a category all to themselves when there's enough of them.

Agreed ...

It depends, there is a certain amount of fake value though. In reality someone like Lafont has a negligible chance of winning a PB and will probably never be in the top 200. In theory he shouldn't be worth anything. Maybe a 10p flier.

But sometimes if a player plays well, gets a big move and so his price goes up anyway because people see a player doing well and buying even though he wont yield anything.

• Donnarumma is £0.72, around a similar age. Sure there's a big difference in prestige of their respective clubs but I don't think there's a lot of difference in ability. I don't think he'll move in January but do think he'll be mentioned a bit. Anyway I bought him at £0.35 and already sitting pretty comfy

• @Blue-Python said in Friday 17th Bargains:

Donnarumma is £0.72, around a similar age. Sure there's a big difference in prestige of their respective clubs but I don't think there's a lot of difference in ability. I don't think he'll move in January but do think he'll be mentioned a bit. Anyway I bought him at £0.35 and already sitting pretty comfy

I definitely get the comparison but rather than Lafont being cheap I'd say it's more of a case of Donnarumma being massively overpriced. When it was only a group of 200 eligible a smaller score that keepers are generally capable if had an outside chance of winning. Now there's mixed in with 4 or 5 times as many defenders every game who will invariably score a few goals it makes it VERY difficult for the keepers to compete.

I suspect FI will introduce a Keepers section with a smaller dividend payout and if they do you'll be laughing then! :-)

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.